- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Pharmacological Sciences
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 537385, 4 pages
Antibiotic Prescribing Habits of Dental Surgeons in Hyderabad City, India, for Pulpal and Periapical Pathologies: A Survey
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Army College of Dental Sciences, Secunderabad 500087, India
Received 6 August 2013; Accepted 3 September 2013
Academic Editor: Steven Holladay
Copyright © 2013 K. Pavan Kumar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. F. Siqueira Jr., I. N. Rôças, and M. G. Silva, “Prevalence and clonal analysis of Porphyromonas gingivalis in primary endodontic infections,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 1332–1336, 2008.
- B. J. Crumpton and S. B. McClanahan, “Antibiotic resistance and antibiotics in endodontics,” Clinical Update, vol. 25, pp. 23–25, 2003.
- Z. Öcek, H. Sahin, G. Baksi, and S. Apaydin, “Development of a rational antibiotic usage course for dentists,” European Journal of Dental Education, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 41–47, 2008.
- A. F. Fouad, “Are antibiotics effective for endodntic pain? An evidence-based review,” Endodontic Topics, vol. 3, pp. 503–509, 2002.
- N. O. Salako, V. O. Rotimi, S. M. Adib, and S. Al-Mutawa, “Pattern of antibiotic prescription in the management of oral diseases among dentists in Kuwait,” Journal of Dentistry, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 503–509, 2004.
- N. A. O. Palmer, “A study of therapeutic antibiotic prescribing in national health service general dental practice in England,” British Dental Journal, vol. 188, no. 10, pp. 554–558, 2000.
- E. O. Ogunbodede, O. A. Fatusi, M. O. Folayan, and G. Olayiwola, “Retrospective survey of antibiotic prescriptions in dentistry,” Journal of Contemporary Dental Practice, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 64–71, 2005.
- N. Skucaite, V. Peciuliene, R. Maneliene, and V. Maciulskiene, “Antibiotic prescription for the treatment of endodontic pathology: a survey among Lithuanian dentists,” Medicina, vol. 46, no. 12, pp. 806–813, 2010.
- M. A. O. Lewis, “Why we must reduce dental prescription of antibiotics: European Union Antibiotic Awareness Day,” British Dental Journal, vol. 205, no. 10, pp. 537–538, 2008.
- A. Mainjot, W. D'Hoore, A. Vanheusden, and J.-P. Van Nieuwenhuysen, “Antibiotic prescribing in dental practice in Belgium,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 1112–1117, 2009.
- J. B. Epstein, S. Chong, and D. Le, “A survey of antibiotic use in dentistry,” Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 131, no. 11, pp. 1600–1609, 2000.
- N. M. Yingling, B. E. Byrne, and G. R. Hartwell, “Antibiotic use by members of the American Association of Endodontists in the year 2000: report of a national survey,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 396–404, 2002.
- T. Kuriyama, E. G. Absi, D. W. Williams, and M. A. O. Lewis, “An outcome audit of the treatment of acute dentoalveolar infection: impact of penicillin resistance,” British Dental Journal, vol. 198, no. 12, pp. 759–763, 2005.
- M. A. Lewis, D. A. McGowan, and T. W. MacFarlane, “Short-course high-dosage amoxycillin in the treatment of acute dento-alveolar abscess,” British Dental Journal, vol. 161, no. 8, pp. 299–302, 1986.
- S. A. Paterson and M. E. Curzon, “The effect of amoxycillin versus penicillin V in the treatment of acutely abscessed primary teeth,” British Dental Journal, vol. 174, no. 12, pp. 443–449, 1993.
- M. V. Martin, L. P. Longman, J. B. Hill, and P. Hardy, “Acute dentoalveolar infections: an investigation of the duration of antibiotic therapy,” British Dental Journal, vol. 183, no. 4, pp. 135–137, 1997.
- E. Charney, R. Bynum, D. Eldredge et al., “How well do patients take oral penicillin? A collaborative study in private practice,” Pediatrics, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 188–195, 1967.
- T. Kuriyama, D. W. Williams, M. Yanagisawa et al., “Antimicrobial susceptibility of 800 anaerobic isolates from patients with dentoalveolar infection to 13 oral antibiotics,” Oral Microbiology and Immunology, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 285–288, 2007.
- G. E. Stein, S. Schooley, K. L. Tyrrell, D. M. Citron, and E. J. C. Goldstein, “Human serum activity of telithromycin, azithromycin and amoxicillin/clavulanate against common aerobic and anaerobic respiratory pathogens,” International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 39–43, 2007.
- A. Rodriguez-Núñez, R. Cisneros-Cabello, E. Velasco-Ortega, J. M. Llamas-Carreras, D. Tórres-Lagares, and J. J. Segura-Egea, “Antibiotic use by members of the Spanish Endodontic Society,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 1198–1203, 2009.
- S. O. Dorn, R. M. Moodnik, M. J. Feldman, and B. G. Borden, “Treatment of the endodontic emergency: a report based on a questionnaire—part II,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 153–156, 1977.
- R. S. Gatewood, V. T. Himel, and S. O. Dorn, “Treatment of the endodontic emergency: a decade later,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 284–291, 1990.