- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Pharmacological Sciences
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 981624, 7 pages
Simple and Robust Analysis of Cefuroxime in Human Plasma by LC-MS/MS: Application to a Bioequivalence Study
Research Center for Clinical Pharmacy, State Key Laboratory for Diagnosis and Treatment of Infectious Diseases, First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University, Qingchun Road 79, Hangzhou 310003, China
Received 11 January 2014; Revised 26 March 2014; Accepted 1 April 2014; Published 24 April 2014
Academic Editor: Brian R. Overholser
Copyright © 2014 Xingjiang Hu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. D. Foord, “Cefuroxime: human pharmacokinetics,” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 741–747, 1976.
- S. M. Harding, P. E. O. Williams, and J. Ayrton, “Pharmacology of cefuroxime as the 1-acetoxyethyl ester in volunteers,” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 78–82, 1984.
- A. Finn, A. Straughn, M. Meyer, and J. Chubb, “Effect of dose and food on the bioavailability of cefuroxime axetil,” Biopharmaceutics and Drug Disposition, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 519–526, 1987.
- R. Denooz and C. Charlier, “Simultaneous determination of five β-lactam antibiotics (cefepim, ceftazidim, cefuroxim, meropenem and piperacillin) in human plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography with ultraviolet detection,” Journal of Chromatography B: Analytical Technologies in the Biomedical and Life Sciences, vol. 864, no. 1-2, pp. 161–167, 2008.
- P. Partani, S. Gurule, A. Khuroo, T. Monif, and S. Bhardwaj, “Liquid chromatography/electrospray tandem mass spectrometry method for the determination of cefuroxime in human plasma: Application to a pharmacokinetic study,” Journal of Chromatography B: Analytical Technologies in the Biomedical and Life Sciences, vol. 878, no. 3-4, pp. 428–434, 2010.
- P. Colin, L. D. Bock, H. Tjollyn, et al., “Development and validation of a fast and uniform approach to quantify beta-lactam antibiotics in human plasma by solid phase extraction-liquid chromatography-electrospray-tandem mass spectrometry,” Talanta, vol. 103, pp. 285–293, 2013.
- J. B. Bulitta, C. B. Landersdorfer, M. Kinzig, U. Holzgrabe, and F. Sorgel, “New semiphysiological absorption model to assess the pharmacodynamic profile of cefuroxime axetil using nonparametric and parametric population pharmacokinetics,” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, vol. 53, no. 8, pp. 3462–3471, 2009.
- M. Carlier, V. Stove, J. A. Roberts, et al., “Quantification of seven beta-lactam antibiotics and two beta-lactamase inhibitors in human plasma using a validated UPLC-MS/MS method,” International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 416–422, 2012.
- F. Wolff, G. Deprez, L. Seyler, et al., “Rapid quantification of six beta-lactams to optimize dosage regimens in severely septic patients,” Talanta, vol. 103, pp. 153–160, 2013.
- A. Viberg, M. Sandström, and B. Jansson, “Determination of cefuroxime in human serum or plasma by liquid chromatography with electrospray tandem mass spectrometry,” Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 707–710, 2004.
- L. Novakova, “Challenges in the development of bioanalytical liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry method with emphasis on fast analysis,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 1292, pp. 25–37, 2013.
- FDA Guidance for Industry, Bioanalytical Method Validation, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM), 2001, http://www.fda.gov/downloads/drugs/guidancecomplianceregulatoryinformation/guidances/ucm070107.pdf.
- China Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation, “Guideline for bioavailability and bioequivalence studies of generic drug products,” 2009 (Chinese), http://www.sfda.gov.cn/directory/web/WS01/images/u6Rp9KpzuWxrzByMvM5cn6zuA+9PDtsi6zcn6zu+1yNCn0NTR0L6vLzK9da4tbzUrdTyLnBkZg==.pdf.