- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 723604, 4 pages
Characterization of Plasmid pPO1 from the Hyperacidophile Picrophilus oshimae
1Lehrstuhl für Mikrobiologie, Technische Universität München, Emil-Ramann-Straße 4, Weihenstephan, 85354 Freising, Germany
2Institut für Mikrobiologie und Genetik, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Grisebachstrasse 8, 37077 Göttingen, Germany
Received 1 June 2011; Accepted 21 July 2011
Academic Editor: Matthias Hess
Copyright © 2011 Angel Angelov et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Schleper, G. Puhler, B. Kuhlmorgen, and W. Zillig, “Life at extremely low pH,” Nature, vol. 375, no. 6534, pp. 741–742, 1995.
- J. L. van de Vossenberg, A. J. Driessen, W. Zillig, and W. N. Konings, “Bioenergetics and cytoplasmic membrane stability of the extremely acidophilic, thermophilic archaeon Picrophilus oshimae,” Extremophiles, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 67–74, 1998.
- C. Schleper, G. Puehler, I. Holz et al., “Picrophilus gen. nov., fam. nov.: a novel aerobic, heterotrophic, thermoacidophilic genus and family comprising archaea capable of growth around pH 0,” Journal of Bacteriology, vol. 177, no. 24, pp. 7050–7059, 1995.
- G. Lipps, “Plasmids and viruses of the thermoacidophilic crenarchaeote Sulfolobus,” Extremophiles, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 17–28, 2006.
- K. Yamashiro, S. Yokobori, T. Oshima, and A. Yamagishi, “Structural analysis of the plasmid pTA1 isolated from the thermoacidophilic archaeon Thermoplasma acidophilum,” Extremophiles, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 327–335, 2006.
- A. Angelov, M. Putyrski, and W. Liebl, “Molecular and biochemical characterization of alpha-glucosidase and alpha-mannosidase and their clustered genes from the thermoacidophilic archaeon Picrophilus torridus,” Journal of Bacteriology, vol. 188, no. 20, pp. 7123–7131, 2006.
- J. Sambrook, E. F. Fritsch, and T. Maniatis, Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1989.
- G. Benson, “Tandem repeats finder: a program to analyze DNA sequences,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 573–580, 1999.
- B. A. Bensing, B. J. Meyer, and G. M. Dunny, “Sensitive detection of bacterial transcription initiation sites and differentiation from RNA processing sites in the pheromone-induced plasmid transfer system of Enterococcus faecalis,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 93, no. 15, pp. 7794–7799, 1996.
- O. Fütterer, A. Angelov, H. Liesegang et al., “Genome sequence of Picrophilus torridus and its implications for life around pH 0,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 101, no. 24, pp. 9091–9096, 2004.
- B. Ason and W. S. Reznikoff, “DNA sequence bias during Tn5 transposition,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 335, no. 5, pp. 1213–1225, 2004.
- A. Kletzin, A. Lieke, T. Urich, R. L. Charlebois, and C. W. Sensen, “Molecular analysis of pDL10 from Acidianus ambivalens reveals a family of related plasmids from extremely thermophilic and acidophilic archaea,” Genetics, vol. 152, no. 4, pp. 1307–1314, 1999.
- F. Matsunaga, K. Takemura, M. Akita, A. Adachi, T. Yamagami, and Y. Ishino, “Localized melting of duplex DNA by Cdc6/Orc1 at the DNA replication origin in the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus,” Extremophiles, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 21–31, 2009.