- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Anatomy Research International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 146262, 9 pages
Strategic Improvements for Gross Anatomy Web-Based Teaching
1Department of Radiology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, 601 North Caroline Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
2Department of Radiology, Weill Cornell Medical College, 525 E. 68th Street, F-056, New York, NY 10065, USA
3The Russell H. Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 601 N. Caroline Street, JHOC 5165, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Received 3 May 2011; Revised 10 September 2011; Accepted 24 September 2011
Academic Editor: David Kachlik
Copyright © 2012 David R. Marker et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Winkelmann, “Anatomical dissection as a teaching method in medical school: a review of the evidence,” Medical Education, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 15–22, 2007.
- A. R. A. Choi, R. Tamblyn, and M. D. Stringer, “Electronic resources for surgical anatomy,” ANZ Journal of Surgery, vol. 78, no. 12, pp. 1082–1091, 2008.
- W. E. Erkonen, M. A. Albanese, W. L. Smith, and N. J. Pantazis, “Effectiveness of teaching radiologic image interpretation in gross anatomy: a long-term follow-up,” Investigative Radiology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 264–266, 1992.
- L. M. McNiesh, J. E. Madewell, and R. M. Allman, “Cadaver radiography in the teaching of gross anatomy,” Radiology, vol. 148, no. 1, pp. 73–74, 1983.
- N. F. Jafri, P. Wu, L. Stanfield, and P. J. Slanetz, “Use of radiologic imaging to enhance physical diagnosis instruction in the preclinical curriculum,” Academic Radiology, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 942–947, 2008.
- H. Petersson, D. Sinkvist, C. Wang, and O. Smedby, “Web-based interactive 3D visualization as a tool for improved anatomy learning,” Anatomical Sciences Education, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 61–68, 2009.
- D. S. Feigin, D. Magid, J. G. Smirniotopoulos, and S. J. Carbognin, “Learning and retaining normal radiographic chest anatomy. Does preclinical exposure improve student performance?” Academic Radiology, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 1137–1142, 2007.
- W. Stanford, W. E. Erkonen, M. D. Cassell et al., “Evaluation of a computer-based program for teaching cardiac anatomy,” Investigative Radiology, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 248–252, 1994.
- M. L. Richardson, “A World-Wide Web radiology teaching file server on the Internet,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 164, no. 2, pp. 479–483, 1995.
- T. B. Campbell, “Role socialization: designing a web-based program to orient new school nurses,” Journal of School Nursing, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 117–125, 2009.
- H. Christensen, K. Murray, A. L. Calear, K. Bennett, A. Bennett, and K. M. Griffiths, “Beacon: a web portal to high-quality mental health websites for use by health professionals and the public,” The Medical Journal of Australia, vol. 192, no. 11, pp. S40–44, 2010.
- J. L. Bader, J. Nemhauser, F. Chang et al., “Radiation event medical management (REMM): website guidance for health care providers,” Prehospital Emergency Care, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 2008.
- C. Nordqvist, L. Hanberger, T. Timpka, and S. Nordfeldt, “Health professionals' attitudes towards using a web 2.0 portal for child and adolescent diabetes care: qualitative study,” Journal of Medical Internet Research, vol. 11, no. 2, article e12, 2009.
- R. J. Reynolds, “MedEdPORTAL: educational scholarship for teaching,” Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 91–94, 2008.
- D. R. Marker, A. K. Bansal, K. Juluru, and D. Magid, “Developing a radiology-based teaching approach for gross anatomy in the digital era,” Academic Radiology, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 1057–1065, 2010.
- B. P. Rosenbaum, T. L. Gorrindo, S. G. Patel, M. P. McTigue, S. M. Rodgers, and B. M. Miller, “Medical student involvement in website development,” Medical Teacher, vol. 31, no. 7, pp. 627–633, 2009.
- D. Magid, D. W. Hudson, and D. S. Feigin, “Chest radiographic anatomy retention. The impact of preclinical groundwork on clinical recall in two schools,” Academic Radiology, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 1443–1447, 2009.
- Y. Baruch and B. C. Holtom, “Survey response rate levels and trends in organizational research,” Human Relations, vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 1139–1160, 2008.