- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Anatomy Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 780193, 4 pages
Relationship of Sternal Foramina to Vital Structures of the Chest: A Computed Tomographic Study
Evangelisches Krankenhaus Göttingen-Weende, Department of Clinical Radiology, An der Lutter 24, 37074 Göttingen, Germany
Received 26 July 2013; Accepted 1 September 2013
Academic Editor: Mustafa F. Sargon
Copyright © 2013 J. Gossner. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. A. Kumarasamy and R. Agrawal, “A large sternal foramen,” International Journal of Acoustics and Vibration, vol. 4, pp. 195–196, 2011.
- E. Yekeler, M. Tunaci, A. Tunaci, M. Dursun, and G. Acunas, “Frequency of sternal variations and anomalies evaluated by MDCT,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 186, no. 4, pp. 956–960, 2006.
- P. D. Cooper, J. H. Stewart, and W. F. McCormick, “Development and morphology of the sternal foramen,” The American Journal of Forensic Medicine and Pathology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 342–347, 1988.
- Z. A. Aktan and R. Savas, “Anatomic and HRCT demonstration of midline sternal foramina,” Turkish Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 28, pp. 511–514, 1998.
- T. B. Halvorsen, S. S. Anda, A. B. Naess, and O. W. Levang, “Fatal cardiac tamponade after acupuncture through congenital sternal foramen,” The Lancet, vol. 345, no. 8958, p. 1175, 1995.
- R. J. van Marum and L. Te Velde, “Cardiac tamponade following sternal puncture in two patients,” Netherlands Journal of Medicine, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 39–40, 2001.
- M. A. Babinski, F. A. Rafael, A. D. Steil et al., “High prevalence of sternal foramen: quantitative, anatomical analysis and its clinical implication in acupuncture practice,” International Journal of Morphology, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 1042–1049, 2012.
- C. Nickson and J. Rippey, “Ultrasonography of sternal fractures,” Australasian Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, vol. 4, pp. 6–11, 2011.