- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Anesthesiology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 598593, 4 pages
Office-Based Deep Sedation for Pediatric Ophthalmologic Procedures Using a Sedation Service Model
1Department of Anesthesiology and Peri-operative Medicine and Department of Ophthalmology, Oregon Health & Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
2Doernbecher Children’s Hospital and Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health & Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
3Legacy Health, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Received 9 November 2011; Revised 4 January 2012; Accepted 10 January 2012
Academic Editor: Mohamed Naguib
Copyright © 2012 Kirk Lalwani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Bell and P. M. Sequeira, “Nonoperating room anesthesia for children,” Current Opinion in Anaesthesiology, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 271–276, 2005.
- A. K. Ross and J. B. Eck, “Office-based anesthesia for children,” Anesthesiology Clinics of North America, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 195–210, 2002.
- J. P. Cravero, M. L. Beach, G. T. Blike, S. M. Gallagher, and J. H. Hertzog, “The incidence and nature of adverse events during pediatric sedation/anesthesia with propofol for procedures outside the operating room: a report from the pediatric sedation research consortium,” Anesthesia and Analgesia, vol. 108, no. 3, pp. 795–804, 2009.
- S. Evron and T. Ezri, “Organizational prerequisites for anesthesia outside the operating room,” Current Opinion in Anaesthesiology, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 514–518, 2009.
- D. Gozal and Y. Gozal, “Pediatric sedation/anesthesia outside the operating room,” Current Opinion in Anaesthesiology, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 494–498, 2008.
- R. H. Squires, F. Morriss, S. Schluterman, B. Drews, L. Galyen, and K. O. Brown, “Efficacy, safety, and cost of intravenous sedation versus general anesthesia in children undergoing endoscopic procedures,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 99–104, 1995.
- K. Lalwani, J. Kitchin, and P. Lax, “Office-based dental rehabilitation in children with special healthcare needs using a pediatric sedation service model,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 427–433, 2007.
- M. Movaghar, S. Kodsi, C. Merola, and J. Doyle, “Probing for nasolacrimal duct obstruction with intravenous propofol sedation,” Journal of American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 179–182, 2000.