- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 203901, 8 pages
Adipokines and Osteoarthritis: Novel Molecules Involved in the Pathogenesis and Progression of Disease
SERGAS, NEIRID Lab (Laboratory of NeuroEndocrine Interaction in Rheumatology and Inflammatory Diseases), Institute of Medical Research (IDIS), Santiago University Clinical Hospital Building C, Level-2, 15706 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Received 6 May 2011; Accepted 10 June 2011
Academic Editor: Hiroshi Kawaguchi
Copyright © 2011 Javier Conde et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- J. Conde, M. Scotece, R. Gomez, V. Lopez, J. J. Gomez-Reino, F. Lago, and O. Gualillo, “Adipokines As Biomarkers Of Rheumatic Diseases,” Drugs Of The Future, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 591–597, 2012.
- Anja Weimer, Henning Madry, Jagadeesh K. Venkatesan, Gertrud Schmitt, Janina Frisch, Anna Wezel, Jochen Jung, Dieter Kohn, Ernest F. Terwilliger, Stephen B. Trippel, and Magali Cucchiarini, “Benefits of Recombinant Adeno-Associated Virus (rAAV)-Mediated Insulinlike Growth Factor I (IGF-I) Overexpression for the Long-Term Reconstruction of Human Osteoarthritic Cartilage by Modulation of the IGF-I Axis,” Molecular Medicine, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 346–358, 2012.
- Zhi-Gang Li, De-Wei Zhao, Chong-Jun Xia, Tie-Nan Wang, Yu-Peng Liu, Yao Zhang, and Ben-Jie Wang, “Decreased synovial fluid omentin-1 concentrations reflect symptomatic severity in patients with knee osteoarthritis,” Scandinavian Journal of Clinical & Laboratory Investigation, vol. 72, no. 8, pp. 623–628, 2012.
- David Metcalfe, Alison L. Harte, Mina Olga Aletrari, Nasser M. Al Daghri, Dara Al Disi, Gyanendra Tripathi, and Philip G. McTernan, “Does endotoxaemia contribute to osteoarthritis in obese patients?,” Clinical Science, vol. 123, no. 11-12, pp. 627–634, 2012.
- D. C. Sanchez-Ramirez, M. van der Leeden, M. van der Esch, M. Gerritsen, L. D. Roorda, S. Verschueren, J. van Dieen, J. Dekker, and W. F. Lems, “Association of serum C-reactive protein and erythrocyte sedimentation rate with muscle strength in patients with knee osteoarthritis,” Rheumatology, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 727–732, 2012.
- Erlangga Yusuf, and Margreet Kloppenburg, “Epidemiological studies on adipokines and osteoarthritis,” International Journal of Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 327–334, 2013.
- Rose-Marie Catalioto, Claudio Valenti, Luca Liverani, Sandro Giuliani, and Carlo Alberto Maggi, “Characterization of a novel proinflammatory effect mediated by BK and the kinin B2 receptor in human preadipocytes,” Biochemical Pharmacology, 2013.
- Ryan C. Koonce, and Jonathan T. Bravman, “Obesity and Osteoarthritis: More Than Just Wear and Tear,” Journal Of The American Academy Of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 161–169, 2013.
- Francis Berenbaum, Florent Eymard, and Xavier Houard, “Osteoarthritis, inflammation and obesity,” Current Opinion in Rheumatology, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 114–118, 2013.
- Lifeng Jiang, Jiapeng Bao, Xindie Zhou, Yan Xiong, and Lidong Wu, “Increased Serum Levels and Chondrocyte Expression of Nesfatin-1 in Patients with Osteoarthritis and Its Relation with BMI, hsCRP, and IL-18,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.