- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 353149, 10 pages
An Eccentrically Biased Rehabilitation Program Early after TKA Surgery
1Department of Physical Therapy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
2Department of Orthopaedics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Received 10 November 2010; Revised 10 January 2011; Accepted 17 February 2011
Academic Editor: Michael Hunt
Copyright © 2011 Robin L. Marcus et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ryan L. Mizner, “Emerging Perspectives Related to Quadriceps Central Activation Deficits in Patients with Total Knee Arthroplasty,” Exercise and Sport Sciences Reviews, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 61–62, 2012.
- Steven J. Elmer, Camden S. Marshall, Keith R. McGinnis, Timothy A. Haitsma, and Paul C. LaStayo, “Eccentric arm cycling: physiological characteristics and potential applications with healthy populations,” European Journal of Applied Physiology, 2013.
- Robert D. Hyldahl, and Monica J. Hubal, “Lengthening our perspective: Morphological, cellular, and molecular responses to eccentric exercise,” Muscle & Nerve, 2013.
- Steven J. Elmer, Jonas Danvind, and Hans-Christer Holmberg, “Development of a Novel Eccentric Arm Cycle Ergometer for Training the Upper Body,” Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 206–211, 2013.
- Daniel S. Lorenz, and Mitch A. Salsbery, “Return to High-Level Activity Following Knee Replacement,” Topics in Geriatric Rehabilitation, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 46–54, 2013.
- J. Nyland, J. Wera, C. Henzman, T. Miller, R. Jakob, and D.N.M. Caborn, “Preserving knee function following osteoarthritis diagnosis: A sustainability theory and social ecology clinical commentary,” Physical Therapy in Sport, 2014.
- Yıldız Analay Akbaba, Ipek Yeldan, Nejat Guney, and Arzu Razak Ozdincler, “Intensive supervision of rehabilitation programme improves balance and functionality in the short term after bilateral total knee arthroplasty,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, 2014.
- Paul LaStayo, Robin Marcus, Lee Dibble, Fernando Frajacomo, and Stan Lindstedt, “Eccentric exercise in rehabilitation: safety, feasibility, and application,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 116, no. 11, pp. 1426–1434, 2014.
- Al-Sayed A. Shanb, and Enas F. Youssef, “Effects Of Adding Biofeedback Training To Active Exercises After Total Knee Arthroplasty,” Journal of Musculoskeletal Research, pp. 1450001, 2014.
- B. Pötzelsberger, T. Stöggl, S. J. Lindinger, J. Dirnberger, M. Stadlmann, M. Buchecker, T. Hofstaedter, K. Gordon, and E. Müller, “Alpine Skiing With total knee ArthroPlasty (ASWAP): effects on strength and cardiorespiratory fitness,” Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports, vol. 25, pp. 16–25, 2015.
- B. Pötzelsberger, S. J. Lindinger, T. Stöggl, M. Buchecker, and E. Müller, “Alpine Skiing With total knee ArthroPlasty (ASWAP): effects on gait asymmetries,” Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports, vol. 25, pp. 49–59, 2015.
- Chun-de Liao, Yi-Ching Huang, Li-Fong Lin, Shih-Wei Huang, and Tsan-Hon Liou, “Body Mass Index and Functional Mobility Outcome Following Early Rehabilitation After a Total Knee Replacement: A Retrospective Study in Taiwan,” Arthritis Care & Research, vol. 67, no. 6, pp. 799–808, 2015.
- Walter Bily, Carlo Franz, Lukas Trimmel, Stefan Loefler, Jan Cvecka, Sandra Zampieri, Waltraud Kasche, Nejc Sarabon, Peter Zenz, and Helmut Kern, “Effects of Leg-Press Training With Moderate Vibration on Muscle Strength, Pain, and Function After Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Randomized Controlled Trial,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2016.