- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 578252, 8 pages
Dynamic Contrast Enhanced MRI Can Monitor the Very Early Inflammatory Treatment Response upon Intra-Articular Steroid Injection in the Knee Joint: A Case Report with Review of the Literature
1Department of Radiology, Frederiksberg Hospital, Nordrefasanvej 57, Frederiksberg Hospital 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
2Parker Institute, Frederiksbeg Hospital, 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
3Image Analysis Ltd, Leeds, BD17 7EZ, UK
4Department of Rheumatology, University of Genoa, 16126 Genoa, Italy
5Department of Rheumatology Hvidovre, Herlev Hospitals, 2730 Herlev, Denmark
6Rheumatology Division, Kennedy Institute, Imperial College, London, SW7 2AZ, UK
Received 22 September 2010; Revised 1 December 2010; Accepted 21 January 2011
Academic Editor: Pascal Richette
Copyright © 2011 Mikael Boesen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. K. Brown, P. G. Conaghan, Z. Karim et al., “An explanation for the apparent dissociation between clinical remission and continued structural deterioration in rheumatoid arthritis,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 2958–2967, 2008.
- K. Gaffney, J. Cookson, D. Blake, A. Coumbe, and S. Blades, “Quantification of rheumatoid synovitis by magnetic resonance imaging,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 1610–1617, 1995.
- K. Tamai, M. Yamato, T. Yamaguchi, and W. Ohno, “Dynamic magnetic resonance imaging for the evaluation of synovitis in patients with rheumatoid arthritis,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 1151–1157, 1994.
- M. Ostergaard, M. Stoltenberg, P. Lovgreen-Nielsen, B. Volck, S. Sonne-Holm, and I. Lorenzen, “Quantification of synovistis by MRI: correlation between dynamic and static gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging and microscopic and macroscopic signs of synovial inflammation,” Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 743–754, 1998.
- M. Ostergaard, M. Stoltenberg, P. Gideon, K. Sorensen, O. Henriksen, and I. B. Lorenzen, “Changes in synovial membrane and joint effusion volumes after intraarticular methylprednisolone. Quantitative assessment of inflammatory and destructive changes in arthritis by MRI,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 1151–1161, 1996.
- M. Ostergaard, M. Stoltenberg, P. Lovgreen-Nielsen, B. Volck, C. H. Jensen, and I. Lorenzen, “Magnetic resonance imaging-determined synovial membrane and joint effusion volumes in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis: comparison with the macroscopic and microscopic appearance of the synovium,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 1856–1867, 1997.
- L. Poleksic, P. Musikic, D. Zdravkovic, I. Watt, and G. Bacic, “MRI evaluation of the knee in rheumatoid arthritis,” British Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 36–39, 1996.
- M. A. Cimmino, S. Innocenti, F. Livrone, F. Magnaguagno, E. Silvestri, and G. Garlaschi, “Dynamic gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging of the wrist in patients with rheumatoid arthritis can discriminate active from inactive disease,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 1207–1213, 2003.
- F. M. McQueen, J. Crabbe, N. Stewart, M. A. Cimmino, E. Silvestri, and G. Garlaschi, “Dynamic gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging of the wrist in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: comment on the article by Cimmino et al,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 674–676, 2004.
- M. Boesen, O. Kubassova, H. Bliddal, et al., “Automatic computer aided quantification of synovitis using dynamic MRI and the impact of movement correction on signal to noise (SNR) and region of interest (ROI) analysis,” in American Congress of Rheumatology, 2009.
- O. Kubassova, M. Boesen, R. D. Boyle et al., “Fast and robust analysis of dynamic contrast enhanced MRI datasets,” Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 261–269, 2007.
- O. A. Kubassova, R. D. Boyle, and A. Radjenovic, “Quantitative analysis of dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI datasets of the metacarpophalangeal joints,” Academic Radiology, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 1189–1200, 2007.
- O. Kubassova, M. Boesen, M. A. Cimmino, and H. Bliddal, “A computer-aided detection system for rheumatoid arthritis MRI data interpretation and quantification of synovial activity,” European Journal of Radiology, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. e67–e72, 2010.
- M. Ostergaard, C. Peterfy, P. Conaghan et al., “OMERACT rheumatoid arthritis magnetic resonance imaging studies. Core set of MRI acquisitions, joint pathology definitions, and the OMERACT RA-MRI scoring system,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 1385–1386, 2003.