- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 591253, 6 pages
The Self-Administered Patient Satisfaction Scale for Primary Hip and Knee Arthroplasty
1Department of Surgery, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
2Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
3Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Received 2 July 2010; Revised 10 November 2010; Accepted 2 December 2010
Academic Editor: Changhai Ding
Copyright © 2011 N. Mahomed et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [55 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Rick L. Lau, Rajiv Gandhi, Safiyyah Mahomed, and Nizar Mahomed, “Patient Satisfaction after Total Knee and Hip Arthroplasty,” Clinics in Geriatric Medicine, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 349–365, 2012.
- Geoffrey F. Dervin, Susan M. Madden, Barbara A. Crawford-Newton, Alan T. Lane, and Holly C. Evans, “Outpatient Unicompartment Knee Arthroplasty With Indwelling Femoral Nerve Catheter,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 1159–1165.e1, 2012.
- Vikki Wylde, Ashley W. Blom, Stijn Bolink, Luke Brunton, Paul Dieppe, Rachael Gooberman-Hill, Bernd Grimm, Cindy Mann, and Erik Lenguerrand, “Assessing function in patients undergoing joint replacement: a study protocol for a cohort study,” Bmc Musculoskeletal Disorders, vol. 13, 2012.
- Steven F. Harwin, Kimona Issa, Kristin Given, Kirby D. Hitt, Kenneth A. Greene, Robert Pivec, Mark Kester, and Michael A. Mont, “Clinical and Patient-reported Outcomes of Primary TKA With a Single-radius Design,” Orthopedics, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. e877–e882, 2013.
- A. Schulze, and H.P. Scharf, “Zufriedenheit nach Knietotalendoprothesenimplantation,” Der Orthopäde, 2013.
- Jacob T. Munro, Donald S. Garbuz, Bassam A. Masri, and Clive P. Duncan, “Tapered Fluted Titanium Stems in the Management of Vancouver B2 and B3 Periprosthetic Femoral Fractures,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2013.
- Michael R. Whitehouse, Alexander L. Aquilina, Sajal Patel, Stephen J. Eastaugh-Waring, and Ashley W. Blom, “Survivorship, Patient Reported Outcome and Satisfaction Following Resurfacing and Total Hip Arthroplasty,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 842–848, 2013.
- Matej Keršic, Drago Dolinar, Vane Antolic, and Blaž Mavcic, “The Impact of Leg Length Discrepancy on Clinical Outcome of Total Hip Arthroplasty: Comparison of Four Measurement Methods,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2013.
- Peter J. Kempshall, Ben A. Hickey, and Andrew J. Metcalfe, “The Cardiff Arthroplasty Satisfaction Index (CASI). A Simple Tool for the Assessment of Outcome Following Knee Arthroplasty,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 580–584, 2013.
- Richard D. Komistek, Jeffrey A. Murphy, and Tammy L. O'Dell, “Clinical and Kinematic Outcomes of A Rotating Platform Posterior Stabilized Total Knee System,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 624–630, 2013.
- Michael R Whitehouse, Peter J Dacombe, Jason C J Webb, and Ashley W Blom, “Impaction grafting of the acetabulum with ceramic bone graft substitute mixed with femoral head allograft: High survivorship in 43 patients with a median follow-up of 7 years,” Acta Orthopaedica, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Paul Baker, Karthikeyan Muthumayandi, Craig Gerrand, Benjamin Kleim, Karen Bettinson, and David Deehan, “Influence of Body Mass Index (BMI) on Functional Improvements at 3 Years Following Total Knee Replacement: A Retrospective Cohort Study,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 3, 2013.
- Michael R. Whitehouse, Natalija S. Stefanovich-Lawbuary, Luke R. Brunton, and Ashley W. Blom, “The Impact of Leg Length Discrepancy on Patient Satisfaction and Functional Outcome Following Total Hip Arthroplasty,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2013.
- David J. Biau, Nelson V. Greidanus, Donald S. Garbuz, and Bassam A. Masri, “No Difference in Quality-of-Life Outcomes After Mobile and Fixed-Bearing Medial Unicompartmental Knee Replacement,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 220–226.e1, 2013.
- Nelson V. Greidanus, Samir Chihab, Donald S. Garbuz, Bassam A. Masri, Michael Tanzer, Allan E. Gross, and Clive P. Duncan, “Outcomes of Minimally Invasive Anterolateral THA Are Not Superior to Those of Minimally Invasive Direct Lateral and Posterolateral THA,” Clinical Orthopaedics And Related Research, vol. 471, no. 2, pp. 463–471, 2013.
- Wael A. Rahman, Nelson V. Greidanus, Alexander Siegmeth, Bassam A. Masri, Clive P. Duncan, and Donald S. Garbuz, “Patients Report Improvement in Quality of Life and Satisfaction After Hip Resurfacing Arthroplasty,” Clinical Orthopaedics And Related Research, vol. 471, no. 2, pp. 444–453, 2013.
- Jay R. Ebert, Anne Smith, David J. Wood, and Timothy R. Ackland, “A Comparison of the Responsiveness of 4 Commonly Used Patient-Reported Outcome Instruments at 5 Years After Matrix-Induced Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation,” American Journal of Sports Medicine, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 2791–2799, 2013.
- J. T. Munro, B. A. Masri, D. S. Garbuz, and C. P. Duncan, “Tapered fluted modular titanium stems in the management of Vancouver B2 and B3 peri-prosthetic fractures,” Bone & Joint Journal, vol. 95B, no. 11, pp. 17–20, 2013.
- Pablo S. Corona, Victor Barro, Marye Mendez, Enric Cáceres, and Xavier Flores, “Industrially Prefabricated Cement Spacers: Do Vancomycin- and Gentamicin-impregnated Spacers Offer Any Advantage?,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2013.
- Richard P. Baker, Bassam A. Masri, Nelson V. Greidanus, and Donald S. Garbuz, “Outcome After Isolated Polyethylene Tibial Insert Exchange in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Shuichi Matsuda, Shinya Kawahara, Ken Okazaki, Yasutaka Tashiro, and Yukihide Iwamoto, “Postoperative Alignment and ROM Affect Patient Satisfaction After TKA,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 471, no. 1, pp. 127–133, 2013.
- Jason C. J. Webb, Michael R. Whitehouse, Peter J. Dacombe, and Ashley W. Blom, “Impaction grafting of the acetabulum with ceramic bone graft substitute High survivorship in 43 patients with a mean follow-up period of 4 years,” Acta Orthopaedica, vol. 84, no. 4, pp. 371–376, 2013.
- James R. Berstock, Michael R. Whitehouse PhD, Danielle C. Piper, Stephen J. Eastaugh-Waring, and Ashley W. Blom, “A 5–8 year retrospective follow-up of the C-stem AMT femoral component: Patient reported outcomes and survivorship analysis,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2014.
- Natalija S. Stefanovich-Lawbuary, Michael C. Parry, Michael R. Whitehouse, and Ashley W. Blom, “Cement in Cement Revision of the Femoral Component Using a Collarless Triple Taper: A Mid Term Clinical and Radiographic Assessment,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2014.
- Al-Sayed A. Shanb, and Enas F. Youssef, “Effects Of Adding Biofeedback Training To Active Exercises After Total Knee Arthroplasty,” Journal of Musculoskeletal Research, pp. 1450001, 2014.
- E. L. Jones, T. W. Wainwright, J. D. Foster, J. R. A. Smith, R. G. Middleton, and N. K. Francis, “A systematic review of patient reported outcomes and patient experience in enhanced recovery after orthopaedic surgery,” Annals of The Royal College of Surgeons of England, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 89–94, 2014.
- Ibrahim A. Malek, Sheethal Prasad Patange Subba Rao, Narendra Kumar Rath, and U. N. Mallya, “Cemented metal-on-metal total hip replacement with 28-mm head: prospective, long-term, clinical, radiological and metal ions data,” European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology, 2014.
- Nubia de Fátima Costa Oliveira, Leonardo Oliveira Pena Costa, Roger Nelson, Chris G. Maher, Paul F. Beattie, Rob de Bie, WarleyMelo Oliveira, Daniel Camara Azevedo, and Luciola da Cunha Menezes Costa, “Measurement Properties of the Brazilian Portuguese Version of the MedRisk Instrument for Measuring Patient Satisfaction With Physical Therapy Care,” Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 879–889, 2014.
- K. A. Gustke, G. J. Golladay, M. W. Roche, G. J. Jerry, L. C. Elson, and C. R. Anderson, “Increased satisfaction after total knee replacement using sensor-guided technology,” Bone & Joint Journal, vol. 96B, no. 10, pp. 1333–1338, 2014.
- Robert Pivec, Kimona Issa, Kristin Given, Steven F. Harwin, Kenneth A. Greene, Kirby D. Hitt, Sarah Shi, and Michael A. Mont, “A Prospective, Longitudinal Study of Patient Satisfaction Following Total Knee Arthroplasty Using the Short-Form 36 (SF-36) Survey Stratified by Various Demographic and Comorbid Factors,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2014.
- Hao Tang, Hui Du, Qiheng Tang, Dejin Yang, Hongyi Shao, and Yixin Zhou, “Chinese Patients’ Satisfaction with Total Hip Arthroplasty: What is Important and Dissatisfactory?,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2014.
- Natsayi Chimbindi, Till Baernighausen, and Marie-Louise Newell, “Patient satisfaction with HIV and TB treatment in a public programme in rural KwaZulu-Natal: evidence from patient-exit interviews,” Bmc Health Services Research, vol. 14, 2014.
- S. Dixon, A. W. Blom, M. R. Whitehouse, and V. Wylde, “Comparison of patient reported outcomes after Triathlon (R) and Kinemax Plus prostheses,” Annals of The Royal College of Surgeons of England, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 61–66, 2014.
- Mohamad J. Halawi, “Outcome Measures in Total Joint Arthroplasty: Current Status, Challenges, and Future Directions,” Orthopedics, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. e685–e689, 2015.
- Ruiyu Liu, Yongwei Li, Lihong Fan, Mingchao Mu, Kunzheng Wang, and Wei Song, “Depression and anxiety before and after limb length discrepancy correction in patients with unilateral developmental dysplasia of the hip,” Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 2015.
- Kiran Singisetti, Karthikeyan Muthumayandi, Zaid Abual-Rub, and David Weir, “Navigation-assisted versus conventional total knee replacement: no difference in patient-reported outcome measures (PROMs) at 1 and 2 years,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, 2015.
- P. N. Ramkumar, J. D. Harris, and P. C. Noble, “Patient-reported outcome measures after total knee arthroplasty: a systematic review,” Bone and Joint Research, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 120–127, 2015.
- Michael C. Parry, James Povey, Ashley W. Blom, and Michael R. Whitehouse, “Comparison of Acetabular Bone Resection, Offset, Leg Length and Post Operative Function Between Hip Resurfacing Arthroplasty and Total Hip Arthroplasty,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2015.
- Christos Koutras, Stavros A. Antoniou, Michael A. Talias, and Hansjoerg Heep, “Impact of Total Hip Resurfacing Arthroplasty on Health-Related Quality of Life Measures: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2015.
- Julio J. Jauregui, Samik Banerjee, Kimona Issa, Jeffrey J. Cherian, and Michael A. Mont, “Does Co-existing Lumbar Spinal Canal Stenosis Impair functional Outcomes and Activity levels after Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty?,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2015.
- M. Kumar, P. Battepathi, and P. Bangalore, “Expectation fulfilment and satisfaction in total knee arthroplasty patients using the ‘PROFEX’ questionnaire,” Orthopaedics & Traumatology: Surgery & Research, 2015.
- Jean Langlois, Amine Zaoui, Camille Ozil, Jean-Pierre Courpied, Philippe Anract, and Moussa Hamadouche, “Randomized controlled trial of conventional versus modern surgical dressings following primary total hip and knee replacement,” International Orthopaedics, 2015.
- John Andrawis, Sina Akhavan, Vanessa Chan, Mandeep Lehil, Dana Pong, and Kevin J. Bozic, “Higher Preoperative Patient Activation Associated With Better Patient-reported Outcomes After Total Joint Arthroplasty,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2015.
- Alexander S. McLawhorn, Benjamin T. Bjerke-Kroll, Jason L. Blevins, Peter K. Sculco, Yuo-yu Lee, and Seth A. Jerabek, “Patient-Reported Allergies Are Associated with Poorer Patient Satisfaction and Outcomes After Lower Extremity Arthroplasty: A Retrospective Cohort Study,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2015.
- Chul-Won Ha, Yong-Beom Park, Young-Suk Song, Jun-Ho Kim, and Yong-Geun Park, “Increased Range of Motion is Important for Functional Outcome and Satisfaction after Total Knee Arthroplasty in Asian Patients,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2015.
- Shiluan Liu, Hua Long, Yinglong Zhang, Baoan Ma, and Zhao Li, “Meta-analysis of Outcomes of a Single-Radius Versus Multi-Radius Femoral Design in Total Knee Arthroplasty,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2015.
- Giovanni Melchiorri, Valerio Viero, Tamara Triossi, Roberto Sorge, Chiara Marchetti, Nicola Eugenio Arena, and Virginia Tancredi, “Late Isometric Assessment of Hip Abductor Muscle and Its Relationship with Functional Tests in Elderly Women Undergoing Replacement of Unilateral Hip Joint,” American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, vol. 94, no. 10, pp. 758–767, 2015.
- Andri Primadi, He-Xing Xu, Taek-Rim Yoon, Je-Hwang Ryu, and Keun-Bae Lee, “Neurologic injuries after primary total ankle arthroplasty: prevalence and effect on outcomes,” Journal of Foot and Ankle Research, vol. 8, no. 1, 2015.
- Brent Graham, Andrew Green, Michelle James, Jeffrey Katz, and Marc Swiontkowski, “Current Concepts Review Measuring Patient Satisfaction in Orthopaedic Surgery,” Journal Of Bone And Joint Surgery-American Volume, vol. 97A, no. 1, pp. 80–84, 2015.
- Vikki Wylde, Neil Artz, Elsa Marques, Erik Lenguerrand, Samantha Dixon, Andrew D. Beswick, Amanda Burston, James Murray, Tarique Parwez, Ashley W. Blom, and Rachael Gooberman-Hill, “Effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of outpatient physiotherapy after knee replacement for osteoarthritis: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial,” Trials, vol. 17, no. 1, 2016.
- Ning Dong, Chen Yang, Shu-Qiang Li, Yu-Hang Gao, Jian-Guo Liu, and Xin Qi, “Effect of preoperative leg length discrepancy on functional outcome and patient satisfaction after total hip arthoplasty in cases of osteonecrosis of the femoral head,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2016.
- Ola Rolfson, Eric Bohm, Patricia Franklin, Stephen Lyman, Geke Denissen, Jill Dawson, Jennifer Dunn, Kate Eresian Chenok, Michael Dunbar, Søren Overgaard, Göran Garellick, and Anne Lübbeke, “Patient-reported outcome measures in arthroplasty registries,” Acta Orthopaedica, pp. 1–15, 2016.
- Simon Chambers, Jayasree Ramaskandhan, and Malik Siddique, “Radiographic Severity of Arthritis Affects Functional Outcome in Total Ankle Replacement (TAR),” Foot & Ankle International, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 351–354, 2016.
- Mehmet Orçun Akkurt, Hakan Şeşen, Mahmut Özdemir, Mehmet Faruk Çatma, and İsmail Demirkale, “Reduced Postoperative Functional Length Ratio Influences Patient Satisfaction in First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Replacement,” The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery, 2016.
- Michael C. Parry, Mihai H. Vioreanu, Donald S. Garbuz, Bassam A. Masri, and Clive P. Duncan, “The Wagner Cone Stem for the Management of the Challenging Femur in Primary Hip Replacement,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2016.