- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 591253, 6 pages
The Self-Administered Patient Satisfaction Scale for Primary Hip and Knee Arthroplasty
1Department of Surgery, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
2Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
3Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Received 2 July 2010; Revised 10 November 2010; Accepted 2 December 2010
Academic Editor: Changhai Ding
Copyright © 2011 N. Mahomed et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [39 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Rick L. Lau, Rajiv Gandhi, Safiyyah Mahomed, and Nizar Mahomed, “Patient Satisfaction after Total Knee and Hip Arthroplasty,” Clinics in Geriatric Medicine, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 349–365, 2012.
- Geoffrey F. Dervin, Susan M. Madden, Barbara A. Crawford-Newton, Alan T. Lane, and Holly C. Evans, “Outpatient Unicompartment Knee Arthroplasty With Indwelling Femoral Nerve Catheter,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 1159–1165.e1, 2012.
- Vikki Wylde, Ashley W. Blom, Stijn Bolink, Luke Brunton, Paul Dieppe, Rachael Gooberman-Hill, Bernd Grimm, Cindy Mann, and Erik Lenguerrand, “Assessing function in patients undergoing joint replacement: a study protocol for a cohort study,” Bmc Musculoskeletal Disorders, vol. 13, 2012.
- Steven F. Harwin, Kimona Issa, Kristin Given, Kirby D. Hitt, Kenneth A. Greene, Robert Pivec, Mark Kester, and Michael A. Mont, “Clinical and Patient-reported Outcomes of Primary TKA With a Single-radius Design,” Orthopedics, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. e877–e882, 2013.
- Michael R. Whitehouse, Alexander L. Aquilina, Sajal Patel, Stephen J. Eastaugh-Waring, and Ashley W. Blom, “Survivorship, Patient Reported Outcome and Satisfaction Following Resurfacing and Total Hip Arthroplasty,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 842–848, 2013.
- Matej Keršic, Drago Dolinar, Vane Antolic, and Blaž Mavcic, “The Impact of Leg Length Discrepancy on Clinical Outcome of Total Hip Arthroplasty: Comparison of Four Measurement Methods,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2013.
- A. Schulze, and H.P. Scharf, “Zufriedenheit nach Knietotalendoprothesenimplantation,” Der Orthopäde, 2013.
- Jacob T. Munro, Donald S. Garbuz, Bassam A. Masri, and Clive P. Duncan, “Tapered Fluted Titanium Stems in the Management of Vancouver B2 and B3 Periprosthetic Femoral Fractures,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2013.
- Peter J. Kempshall, Ben A. Hickey, and Andrew J. Metcalfe, “The Cardiff Arthroplasty Satisfaction Index (CASI). A Simple Tool for the Assessment of Outcome Following Knee Arthroplasty,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 580–584, 2013.
- Richard D. Komistek, Jeffrey A. Murphy, and Tammy L. O'Dell, “Clinical and Kinematic Outcomes of A Rotating Platform Posterior Stabilized Total Knee System,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 624–630, 2013.
- Michael R Whitehouse, Peter J Dacombe, Jason C J Webb, and Ashley W Blom, “Impaction grafting of the acetabulum with ceramic bone graft substitute mixed with femoral head allograft: High survivorship in 43 patients with a median follow-up of 7 years,” Acta Orthopaedica, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Michael R. Whitehouse, Natalija S. Stefanovich-Lawbuary, Luke R. Brunton, and Ashley W. Blom, “The Impact of Leg Length Discrepancy on Patient Satisfaction and Functional Outcome Following Total Hip Arthroplasty,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2013.
- Paul Baker, Karthikeyan Muthumayandi, Craig Gerrand, Benjamin Kleim, Karen Bettinson, and David Deehan, “Influence of Body Mass Index (BMI) on Functional Improvements at 3 Years Following Total Knee Replacement: A Retrospective Cohort Study,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 3, 2013.
- David J. Biau, Nelson V. Greidanus, Donald S. Garbuz, and Bassam A. Masri, “No Difference in Quality-of-Life Outcomes After Mobile and Fixed-Bearing Medial Unicompartmental Knee Replacement,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 220–226.e1, 2013.
- Nelson V. Greidanus, Samir Chihab, Donald S. Garbuz, Bassam A. Masri, Michael Tanzer, Allan E. Gross, and Clive P. Duncan, “Outcomes of Minimally Invasive Anterolateral THA Are Not Superior to Those of Minimally Invasive Direct Lateral and Posterolateral THA,” Clinical Orthopaedics And Related Research, vol. 471, no. 2, pp. 463–471, 2013.
- Wael A. Rahman, Nelson V. Greidanus, Alexander Siegmeth, Bassam A. Masri, Clive P. Duncan, and Donald S. Garbuz, “Patients Report Improvement in Quality of Life and Satisfaction After Hip Resurfacing Arthroplasty,” Clinical Orthopaedics And Related Research, vol. 471, no. 2, pp. 444–453, 2013.
- Jay R. Ebert, Anne Smith, David J. Wood, and Timothy R. Ackland, “A Comparison of the Responsiveness of 4 Commonly Used Patient-Reported Outcome Instruments at 5 Years After Matrix-Induced Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation,” American Journal of Sports Medicine, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 2791–2799, 2013.
- J. T. Munro, B. A. Masri, D. S. Garbuz, and C. P. Duncan, “Tapered fluted modular titanium stems in the management of Vancouver B2 and B3 peri-prosthetic fractures,” Bone & Joint Journal, vol. 95B, no. 11, pp. 17–20, 2013.
- Pablo S. Corona, Victor Barro, Marye Mendez, Enric Cáceres, and Xavier Flores, “Industrially Prefabricated Cement Spacers: Do Vancomycin- and Gentamicin-impregnated Spacers Offer Any Advantage?,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2013.
- Shuichi Matsuda, Shinya Kawahara, Ken Okazaki, Yasutaka Tashiro, and Yukihide Iwamoto, “Postoperative Alignment and ROM Affect Patient Satisfaction After TKA,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 471, no. 1, pp. 127–133, 2013.
- Richard P. Baker, Bassam A. Masri, Nelson V. Greidanus, and Donald S. Garbuz, “Outcome After Isolated Polyethylene Tibial Insert Exchange in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Jason C. J. Webb, Michael R. Whitehouse, Peter J. Dacombe, and Ashley W. Blom, “Impaction grafting of the acetabulum with ceramic bone graft substitute High survivorship in 43 patients with a mean follow-up period of 4 years,” Acta Orthopaedica, vol. 84, no. 4, pp. 371–376, 2013.
- James R. Berstock, Michael R. Whitehouse PhD, Danielle C. Piper, Stephen J. Eastaugh-Waring, and Ashley W. Blom, “A 5–8 year retrospective follow-up of the C-stem AMT femoral component: Patient reported outcomes and survivorship analysis,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2014.
- Natalija S. Stefanovich-Lawbuary, Michael C. Parry, Michael R. Whitehouse, and Ashley W. Blom, “Cement in Cement Revision of the Femoral Component Using a Collarless Triple Taper: A Mid Term Clinical and Radiographic Assessment,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2014.
- Al-Sayed A. Shanb, and Enas F. Youssef, “Effects Of Adding Biofeedback Training To Active Exercises After Total Knee Arthroplasty,” Journal of Musculoskeletal Research, pp. 1450001, 2014.
- E. L. Jones, T. W. Wainwright, J. D. Foster, J. R. A. Smith, R. G. Middleton, and N. K. Francis, “A systematic review of patient reported outcomes and patient experience in enhanced recovery after orthopaedic surgery,” Annals of The Royal College of Surgeons of England, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 89–94, 2014.
- Ibrahim A. Malek, Sheethal Prasad Patange Subba Rao, Narendra Kumar Rath, and U. N. Mallya, “Cemented metal-on-metal total hip replacement with 28-mm head: prospective, long-term, clinical, radiological and metal ions data,” European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology, 2014.
- Nubia de Fátima Costa Oliveira, Leonardo Oliveira Pena Costa, Roger Nelson, Chris G. Maher, Paul F. Beattie, Rob de Bie, WarleyMelo Oliveira, Daniel Camara Azevedo, and Luciola da Cunha Menezes Costa, “Measurement Properties of the Brazilian Portuguese Version of the MedRisk Instrument for Measuring Patient Satisfaction With Physical Therapy Care,” Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 879–889, 2014.
- K. A. Gustke, G. J. Golladay, M. W. Roche, G. J. Jerry, L. C. Elson, and C. R. Anderson, “Increased satisfaction after total knee replacement using sensor-guided technology,” Bone & Joint Journal, vol. 96B, no. 10, pp. 1333–1338, 2014.
- Robert Pivec, Kimona Issa, Kristin Given, Steven F. Harwin, Kenneth A. Greene, Kirby D. Hitt, Sarah Shi, and Michael A. Mont, “A Prospective, Longitudinal Study of Patient Satisfaction Following Total Knee Arthroplasty Using the Short-Form 36 (SF-36) Survey Stratified by Various Demographic and Comorbid Factors,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2014.
- S. Dixon, A. W. Blom, M. R. Whitehouse, and V. Wylde, “Comparison of patient reported outcomes after Triathlon (R) and Kinemax Plus prostheses,” Annals of The Royal College of Surgeons of England, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 61–66, 2014.
- Natsayi Chimbindi, Till Baernighausen, and Marie-Louise Newell, “Patient satisfaction with HIV and TB treatment in a public programme in rural KwaZulu-Natal: evidence from patient-exit interviews,” Bmc Health Services Research, vol. 14, 2014.
- Hao Tang, Hui Du, Qiheng Tang, Dejin Yang, Hongyi Shao, and Yixin Zhou, “Chinese Patients’ Satisfaction with Total Hip Arthroplasty: What is Important and Dissatisfactory?,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2014.
- M. Kumar, P. Battepathi, and P. Bangalore, “Expectation fulfilment and satisfaction in total knee arthroplasty patients using the ‘PROFEX’ questionnaire,” Orthopaedics & Traumatology: Surgery & Research, 2015.
- Julio J. Jauregui, Samik Banerjee, Kimona Issa, Jeffrey J. Cherian, and Michael A. Mont, “Does Co-existing Lumbar Spinal Canal Stenosis Impair functional Outcomes and Activity levels after Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty?,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2015.
- Jean Langlois, Amine Zaoui, Camille Ozil, Jean-Pierre Courpied, Philippe Anract, and Moussa Hamadouche, “Randomized controlled trial of conventional versus modern surgical dressings following primary total hip and knee replacement,” International Orthopaedics, 2015.
- John Andrawis, Sina Akhavan, Vanessa Chan, Mandeep Lehil, Dana Pong, and Kevin J. Bozic, “Higher Preoperative Patient Activation Associated With Better Patient-reported Outcomes After Total Joint Arthroplasty,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2015.
- Alexander S. McLawhorn, Benjamin T. Bjerke-Kroll, Jason L. Blevins, Peter K. Sculco, Yuo-yu Lee, and Seth A. Jerabek, “Patient-Reported Allergies Are Associated with Poorer Patient Satisfaction and Outcomes After Lower Extremity Arthroplasty: A Retrospective Cohort Study,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2015.
- Brent Graham, Andrew Green, Michelle James, Jeffrey Katz, and Marc Swiontkowski, “Current Concepts Review Measuring Patient Satisfaction in Orthopaedic Surgery,” Journal Of Bone And Joint Surgery-American Volume, vol. 97A, no. 1, pp. 80–84, 2015.