- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 591253, 6 pages
The Self-Administered Patient Satisfaction Scale for Primary Hip and Knee Arthroplasty
1Department of Surgery, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
2Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
3Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Received 2 July 2010; Revised 10 November 2010; Accepted 2 December 2010
Academic Editor: Changhai Ding
Copyright © 2011 N. Mahomed et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [25 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Rick L. Lau, Rajiv Gandhi, Safiyyah Mahomed, and Nizar Mahomed, “Patient Satisfaction after Total Knee and Hip Arthroplasty,” Clinics in Geriatric Medicine, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 349–365, 2012.
- Geoffrey F. Dervin, Susan M. Madden, Barbara A. Crawford-Newton, Alan T. Lane, and Holly C. Evans, “Outpatient Unicompartment Knee Arthroplasty With Indwelling Femoral Nerve Catheter,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 1159–1165.e1, 2012.
- Vikki Wylde, Ashley W. Blom, Stijn Bolink, Luke Brunton, Paul Dieppe, Rachael Gooberman-Hill, Bernd Grimm, Cindy Mann, and Erik Lenguerrand, “Assessing function in patients undergoing joint replacement: a study protoc ol for a cohort study,” Bmc Musculoskeletal Disorders, vol. 13, 2012.
- Steven F. Harwin, Kimona Issa, Kristin Given, Kirby D. Hitt, Kenneth A. Greene, Robert Pivec, Mark Kester, and Michael A. Mont, “Clinical and Patient-reported Outcomes of Primary TKA With a Single-radius Design,” Orthopedics, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. e877–e882, 2013.
- Michael R. Whitehouse, Alexander L. Aquilina, Sajal Patel, Stephen J. Eastaugh-Waring, and Ashley W. Blom, “Survivorship, Patient Reported Outcome and Satisfaction Following Resurfacing and Total Hip Arthroplasty,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 842–848, 2013.
- Matej Keršic, Drago Dolinar, Vane Antolic, and Blaž Mavcic, “The Impact of Leg Length Discrepancy on Clinical Outcome of Total Hip Arthroplasty: Comparison of Four Measurement Methods,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2013.
- Jacob T. Munro, Donald S. Garbuz, Bassam A. Masri, and Clive P. Duncan, “Tapered Fluted Titanium Stems in the Management of Vancouver B2 and B3 Periprosthetic Femoral Fractures,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2013.
- A. Schulze, and H.P. Scharf, “Zufriedenheit nach Knietotalendoprothesenimplantation,” Der Orthopäde, 2013.
- Peter J. Kempshall, Ben A. Hickey, and Andrew J. Metcalfe, “The Cardiff Arthroplasty Satisfaction Index (CASI). A Simple Tool for the Assessment of Outcome Following Knee Arthroplasty,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 580–584, 2013.
- Richard D. Komistek, Jeffrey A. Murphy, and Tammy L. O'Dell, “Clinical and Kinematic Outcomes of A Rotating Platform Posterior Stabilized Total Knee System,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 624–630, 2013.
- Michael R Whitehouse, Peter J Dacombe, Jason C J Webb, and Ashley W Blom, “Impaction grafting of the acetabulum with ceramic bone graft substitute mixed with femoral head allograft: High survivorship in 43 patients with a median follow-up of 7 years,” Acta Orthopaedica, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Paul Baker, Karthikeyan Muthumayandi, Craig Gerrand, Benjamin Kleim, Karen Bettinson, and David Deehan, “Influence of Body Mass Index (BMI) on Functional Improvements at 3 Years Fo llowing Total Knee Replacement: A Retrospective Cohort Study,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 3, 2013.
- Michael R. Whitehouse, Natalija S. Stefanovich-Lawbuary, Luke R. Brunton, and Ashley W. Blom, “The Impact of Leg Length Discrepancy on Patient Satisfaction and Functional Outcome Following Total Hip Arthroplasty,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2013.
- Nelson V. Greidanus, Samir Chihab, Donald S. Garbuz, Bassam A. Masri, Michael Tanzer, Allan E. Gross, and Clive P. Duncan, “Outcomes of Minimally Invasive Anterolateral THA Are Not Superior to Those of Minimally Invasive Direct Lateral and Posterolateral THA,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 471, no. 2, pp. 463–471, 2013.
- Wael A. Rahman, Nelson V. Greidanus, Alexander Siegmeth, Bassam A. Masri, Clive P. Duncan, and Donald S. Garbuz, “Patients Report Improvement in Quality of Life and Satisfaction After Hip R esurfacing Arthroplasty,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 471, no. 2, pp. 444–453, 2013.
- David J. Biau, Nelson V. Greidanus, Donald S. Garbuz, and Bassam A. Masri, “No Difference in Quality-of-Life Outcomes After Mobile and Fixed-Bearing Medial Unicompartmental Knee Replacement,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 220–226.e1, 2013.
- Anne Smith, David J. Wood, and Timothy R. Ackland, “A Comparison of the Responsiveness of 4 Commonly Used Patient-Reported Outc ome Instruments at 5 Years After Matrix-Induced Autologous Chondrocyte Impl antation,” American Journal of Sports Medicine, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 2791–2799, 2013.
- B. A. Masri, D. S. Garbuz, and C. P. Duncan, “Tapered fluted modular titanium stems in the management of Vancouver B2 and B3 peri-prosthetic fractures,” Bone & Joint Journal, vol. 95B, no. 11, pp. 17–20, 2013.
- Pablo S. Corona, Victor Barro, Marye Mendez, Enric Cáceres, and Xavier Flores, “Industrially Prefabricated Cement Spacers: Do Vancomycin- and Gentamicin-impregnated Spacers Offer Any Advantage?,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2013.
- Richard P. Baker, Bassam A. Masri, Nelson V. Greidanus, and Donald S. Garbuz, “Outcome After Isolated Polyethylene Tibial Insert Exchange in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Shuichi Matsuda, Shinya Kawahara, Ken Okazaki, Yasutaka Tashiro, and Yukihide Iwamoto, “Postoperative Alignment and ROM Affect Patient Satisfaction After TKA,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 471, no. 1, pp. 127–133, 2013.
- Jason C. J. Webb, Peter J. Dacombe, and Ashley W. Blom, “Impaction grafting of the acetabulum with ceramic bone graft substitute Hig h survivorship in 43 patients with a mean follow-up period of 4 years,” Acta Orthopaedica, vol. 84, no. 4, pp. 371–376, 2013.
- A. W. Blom, M. R. Whitehouse, and V. Wylde, “Comparison of patient reported outcomes after Triathlon (R) and Kinemax Plu s prostheses,” Annals of The Royal College of Surgeons of England, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 61–66, 2014.
- Till Baernighausen, and Marie-Louise Newell, “Patient satisfaction with HIV and TB treatment in a public programme in rur al KwaZulu-Natal: evidence from patient-exit interviews,” Bmc Health Services Research, vol. 14, 2014.
- Hao Tang, Hui Du, Qiheng Tang, Dejin Yang, Hongyi Shao, and Yixin Zhou, “Chinese Patients’ Satisfaction with Total Hip Arthroplasty: What is Important and Dissatisfactory?,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2014.