- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 683970, 16 pages
Developmental Mechanisms in Articular Cartilage Degradation in Osteoarthritis
Institute of Rheumatology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Kashirskoye Shosse 34A, Moscow 115522, Russia
Received 5 August 2010; Accepted 9 December 2010
Academic Editor: Henning Bliddal
Copyright © 2011 Elena V. Tchetina. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Walter Luyten, Linfu Li, Longhuo Wu, Ruian Xu, Hao Huang, and Xianhua Huang, “Insights on Biology and Pathology of HIF-1 alpha/-2 alpha, TGF beta/BMP, Wn t/beta-Catenin, and NF-kappa B Pathways in Osteoarthritis,” Current Pharmaceutical Design, vol. 18, no. 22, pp. 3293–3312, 2012.
- Abir Elshawi, Noriko Wakamatsu, Mitsuo Iinuma, Motohiko Nagayama, and Yasuo Tamura, “TMJ Degenerative Changes in SAMP3 Mice by Occlusal Disharmony and Aging,” Journal of Hard Tissue Biology, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 399–406, 2012.
- D.M. Joiner, K.D. Less, E.M. Van Wieren, D. Hess, and B.O. Williams, “Heterozygosity for an inactivating mutation in low-density lipoprotein-related receptor 6 (Lrp6) increases osteoarthritis severity in mice after ligament and meniscus injury,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2013.
- Eduardo Anitua, Mikel Sánchez, Gorka Orive, and Sabino Padilla, “A biological therapy to osteoarthritis treatment using platelet-rich plasma,” Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Mrignayani Kotecha, Dieter Klatt, and Richard L. Magin, “Monitoring Cartilage Tissue Engineering Using Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy, Imaging, and Elastography,” Tissue Engineering Part B: Reviews, pp. 130604075633006, 2013.
- Yu Deng, Hong Cao, Fenglong Cu, Dan Xu, Youying Lei, Yang Tan, Jacques Magdalou, Hui Wang, and Liaobin Chen, “Nicotine-induced retardation of chondrogenesis through down-regulation of IGF-1 signaling pathway to inhibit matrix synthesis of growth plate chondrocytes in fetal rats,” Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, vol. 269, no. 1, pp. 25–33, 2013.
- Gehua Zhen, Chunyi Wen, Xiaofeng Jia, Yu Li, Janet L Crane, Simon C Mears, Frederic B Askin, Frank J Frassica, Weizhong Chang, Jie Yao, John A Carrino, Andrew Cosgarea, Dmitri Artemov, Qianming Chen, Zhihe Zhao, Xuedong Zhou, Lee Riley, Paul Sponseller, Mei Wan, William Weijia Lu, and Xu Cao, “Inhibition of TGF-β signaling in mesenchymal stem cells of subchondral bone attenuates osteoarthritis,” Nature Medicine, 2013.
- Cynthia M. Coleman, Erin E. Vaughan, David C. Browe, Emma Mooney, Linda Howard, and Frank Barry, “Growth Differentiation Factor-5 Enhances In Vitro Mesenchymal Stromal Cell Chondrogenesis and Hypertrophy,” Stem Cells and Development, pp. 130312070642006, 2013.
- Mrignayani Kotecha, Sriram Ravindran, Thomas M Schmid, Aishwarya Vaidyanathan, Anne George, and Richard L Magin, “Application of sodium triple-quantum coherence NMR spectroscopy for the study of growth dynamics in cartilage tissue engineering,” NMR in Biomedicine, 2013.
- Muhammad Farooq Rai, Eric J. Schmidt, Audrey McAlinden, and James M. Cheverud, “Molecular Insight into the Association Between Cartilage Regeneration and E ar Wound Healing in Genetic Mouse Models: Targeting New Genes in Regenerati on,” G3-Genes Genomes Genetics, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 1881–1891, 2013.
- Elena V. Tchetina, A. Robin Poole, Elena M. Zaitseva, Eugeniya P. Sharapova, Natalya G. Kashevarova, Elena A. Taskina, Liudmila I. Alekseeva, Liudmila A. Semyonova, Svetlana I. Glukhova, Alexandr N. Kuzin, Maxim A. Makarov, and Sergey A. Makarov, “Differences in Mammalian Target of Rapamycin Gene Expression in the Peripheral Blood and Articular Cartilages of Osteoarthritic Patients and Disease Activity,” Arthritis, vol. 2013, pp. 1–14, 2013.
- Jinsoo Song, Dongkyun Kim, Chang Hoon Lee, Churl-Hong Chun, and Eun-Jung Jin, “MicroRNA-488 regulates zinc transporter SLC39A8/ZIP8 during pathogenesis of osteoarthritis,” Journal Of Biomedical Science, vol. 20, 2013.
- John Paul Wanner, Roopashree Subbaiah, Yelenna Skomorovska-Prokvolit, Yousef Shishani, Eric Boilard, Sujatha Mohan, Robert Gillespie, and Masaru Miyagi, “Proteomic profiling and functional characterization of early and late shoul der osteoarthritis,” Arthritis Research & Therapy, vol. 15, no. 6, 2013.
- Harsh D. Amin, Mariea Alice Brady, Jean-Philippe St-Pierre, Molly M. Stevens, Darryl R. Overby, and C. Ross Ethier, “Stimulation of Chondrogenic Differentiation of Adult Human Bone Marrow-Derived Stromal Cells by a Moderate-Strength Static Magnetic Field,” Tissue Engineering Part A, pp. 140207131151000, 2014.
- Laurence Pesesse, Christelle Sanchez, David Andrew Walsh, Jean-Pierre Delcour, Caroline Baudouin, Philippe Msika, and Yves Henrotin, “Bone sialoprotein as a potential key factor implicated in the pathophysiology of osteoarthritis.,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2014.