- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 741071, 7 pages
Rheumatoid Factor and Its Interference with Cytokine Measurements: Problems and Solutions
1The Parker Institute, Frederiksberg Hospital, 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
2Faculty of Health Science, University of Copenhagen, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
3Centre for Sensory-Motor Interaction, Aalborg University, 9220 Aalborg, Denmark
Received 4 November 2010; Revised 1 April 2011; Accepted 27 April 2011
Academic Editor: Shigeru Kotake
Copyright © 2011 Else Marie Bartels et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Donald F. LeGatt, George B. Blakney, Trefor N. Higgins, Kareena L. Schnabl, Carol E. Shalapay, Valerian C. Dias, and James C. Wesenberg, “The Effect of Paraproteins and Rheumatoid Factor on Four Commercial Immunoassays for Vancomycin,” Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 306–311, 2012.
- Ulrike Hampel, Stefan Sesselmann, Pavel Iserovich, Saadettin Sel, Friedrich Paulsen, and Robert Sack, “Chemokine and cytokine levels in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis synovial fluid,” Journal of Immunological Methods, 2013.
- Joanne Goodman, and Balaji Agoram, “Analytical assay platforms for soluble target engagement biomarkers: old favorites and emerging technologies,” Bioanalysis, vol. 5, no. 23, pp. 2919–2931, 2013.
- Else Marie Bartels, and Søren Ribel-Madsen, “Cytokine measurements and possible interference from heterophilic antibodies – Problems and solutions experienced with rheumatoid factor,” Methods, 2013.
- Francesca Ingegnoli, Roberto Castelli, and Roberta Gualtierotti, “Rheumatoid Factors: Clinical Applications,” Disease Markers, vol. 35, pp. 727–734, 2013.
- Tue W Kragstrup, Thomas Vorup-Jensen, Bent Deleuran, and Malene Hvid, “A simple set of validation steps identifies and removes false results in a sandwich enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay caused by anti-animal IgG antibodies in plasma from arthritis patients,” SpringerPlus, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 263, 2013.
- Boris Gorovits, Jim McNally, Corinna Fiorotti, and Sheldon Leung, “Protein-based matrix interferences in ligand-binding assays,” Bioanalysis, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. 1131–1140, 2014.
- Bettina E. Holm, Noreen Sandhu, Julie Tronstrøm, Magnus Lydolph, Nicole H. Trier, and Gunnar Houen, “Species cross-reactivity of rheumatoid factors and implications for immunoassays,” Scandinavian Journal of Clinical & Laboratory Investigation, pp. 1–13, 2014.