- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 765624, 8 pages
The Roles of Interleukin-6 in the Pathogenesis of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Product Research Department, Fuji-Gotemba Research Laboratories, Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., 1-135 Komakado, Gotemba, Shizuoka 412-8513, Japan
Received 21 December 2010; Revised 15 February 2011; Accepted 22 March 2011
Academic Editor: Burkhard Leeb
Copyright © 2011 Misato Hashizume and Masahiko Mihara. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [32 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sergey P. Oranskiy, Ludmila N. Yeliseyeva, Anna V. Tsanaeva, and Nadezhda V. Zaytseva, “Body composition and serum levels of adiponectin, vascular endothelial growth factor, and interleukin-6 in patients with rheumatoid arthritis,” Croatian Medical Journal, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 350–356, 2012.
- Susanne Schulz, Axel Schlitt, Andrea Lutze, Sandra Lischewski, Tim Seifert, Tanya Dudakliewa, Robert Gawe, Karl Werdan, Britt Hofmann, Christiane Gläser, Hans-Günter Schaller, and Stefan Reichert, “The importance of genetic variants in TNFα for periodontal disease in a cohort of coronary patients,” Journal of Clinical Periodontology, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 699–706, 2012.
- K C B Chaves, J P S Peron, R Chammas, L T Turaça, J B Pesquero, M S Braga, K Foguer, N Schor, and M H Bellini, “Endostatin gene therapy stimulates upregulation of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 in a metastatic renal cell carcinoma model,” Cancer Gene Therapy, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 558–565, 2012.
- Javier Rueda-Gotor, Miguel A González-Gay, and Ricardo Blanco, “Tocilizumab for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis,” Clinical Practice, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 255–268, 2012.
- Mohsen H Elshahaly, Gillian Wheater, Stephen P Tuck, Harish K Datta, and Jacob M van Laar, “The role of B cells in bone turnover in rheumatoid arthritis,” International Journal of Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 167–177, 2012.
- Louise Henningsson, Tove Eneljung, Pernilla Jirholt, Sara Tengvall, Ulf Lidberg, Wim B. van den Berg, Fons A. van de Loo, and Inger Gjertsson, “Disease-Dependent Local IL-10 Production Ameliorates Collagen Induced Arthritis in Mice,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 11, 2012.
- Cecilia Valeria Perez, Cristian Marcelo Sobarzo, Patricia Veronica Jacobo, Eliana Herminia Pellizzari, Selva Beatriz Cigorraga, Berta Denduchis, and Livia Lustig, “Loss of Occludin Expression and Impairment of Blood-Testis Barrier Permeability in Rats with Autoimmune Orchitis: Effect of Interleukin 6 on Sertoli Cell Tight Junctions,” Biology Of Reproduction, vol. 87, no. 5, 2012.
- Atsushi Ogata, Atsushi Kumanogoh, and Toshio Tanaka, “Pathological Role of Interleukin-6 in Psoriatic Arthritis,” Arthritis, vol. 2012, pp. 1–6, 2012.
- Menha Swellam, Khadiga M. Abu Gabal, and Samar Samir Youssef, “Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphism and hepcidin in rheumatoid arthritis: Correlations with clinical and laboratory indices of disease activity,” IUBMB Life, 2013.
- Marshall L. R. Davis, Kaleb Michaud, Harlan Sayles, Doyt L. Conn, Larry W. Moreland, S. Louis Bridges, and Ted R. Mikuls, “Associations of Alcohol Use with Radiographic Disease Progression in African Americans with Recent-onset Rheumatoid Arthritis,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 1498–1504, 2013.
- N. Narkbunnam, J. Sun, G. Hu, F.-C. Lin, T. A. Bateman, M. Mihara, and P. E. Monahan, “IL-6 receptor antagonist as adjunctive therapy with clotting factor replacement to protect against bleeding-induced arthropathy in hemophilia,” Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 881–893, 2013.
- Dong-Gun Lee, Jung-Won Woo, Seung-Ki Kwok, Mi-La Cho, and Sung-Hwan Park, “MRP8 promotes Th17 differentiation via upregulation of IL-6 production by fibroblast-like synoviocytes in rheumatoid arthritis,” Experimental & Molecular Medicine, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. e20, 2013.
- Md Yuzaiful Md Yusof, and Paul Emery, “Targeting Interleukin-6 in Rheumatoid Arthritis,” Drugs, vol. 73, no. 4, pp. 341–356, 2013.
- Jian Jin, Liang Wang, Xiao-kai Wang, Ping-lin Lai, Min-jun Huang, Da-di Jin, Zhao-ming Zhong, Jian-ting Chen, and Xiao-chun Bai, “Risedronate inhibits bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell adipogenesis and switches RANKL/OPG ratio to impair osteoclast differentiation,” Journal of Surgical Research, vol. 180, no. 1, pp. e21–e29, 2013.
- M. Samimi, F. Lauferon, B. Hüttenberger, L. Vaillant, P. Goupille, and L. Machet, “Ulcérations buccales aphtoïdes persistantes associées au tocilizumab : deux cas,” Annales de Dermatologie et de Vénéréologie, vol. 140, no. 2, pp. 120–124, 2013.
- T. Witte, “Methotrexat als Kombinationspartner bei TNF-Inhibitoren und Tocilizumab,” Zeitschrift für Rheumatologie, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 279–286, 2013.
- Zhi-feng Wei, Xiao-lan Jiao, Ting Wang, Qian Lu, Yu-feng Xia, Zheng-tao Wang, Qing-long Guo, Gui-xin Chou, and Yue Dai, “Norisoboldine alleviates joint destruction in rats with adjuvant-induced arthritis by reducing RANKL, IL-6, PGE2, and MMP-13 expression,” Acta Pharmacologica Sinica, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 403–413, 2013.
- Christoph Boehler, Helga Radner, Josef S. Smolen, and Daniel Aletaha, “Serological changes in the course of traditional and biological disease modifying therapy of rheumatoid arthritis,” Annals Of The Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 241–244, 2013.
- T Nagasaki, M Hara, H Nakanishi, H Takahashi, M Sato, and H Takeyama, “Interleukin-6 released by colon cancer-associated fibroblasts is critical for tumour angiogenesis: anti-interleukin-6 receptor antibody suppressed angiogenesis and inhibited tumour–stroma interaction,” British Journal of Cancer, 2013.
- Shoichi Kaneshiro, Kosuke Ebina, Kenrin Shi, Chikahisa Higuchi, Makoto Hirao, Michio Okamoto, Kota Koizumi, Tokimitsu Morimoto, Hideki Yoshikawa, and Jun Hashimoto, “IL-6 negatively regulates osteoblast differentiation through the SHP2/MEK2 and SHP2/Akt2 pathways in vitro,” Journal of Bone and Mineral Metabolism, 2013.
- Patrick H. Dessein, Ahmed Solomon, Angela J. Woodiwiss, Gavin R. Norton, Linda Tsang, and Miguel A. Gonzalez-Gay, “Marked Independent Relationship between Circulating Interleukin-6 Concentrations and Endothelial Activation in Rheumatoid Arthritis,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Addolorata Corrado, Anna Neve, Nicola Maruotti, and Francesco Paolo Cantatore, “Bone Effects of Biologic Drugs in Rheumatoid Arthritis,” Clinical and Developmental Immunology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Ziv Rosman, Yehuda Shoenfeld, and Gisele Zandman-Goddard, “Biologic therapy for autoimmune diseases: an update,” BMC Medicine, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 88, 2013.
- Ryuichi Kunii, Masaru Yamaguchi, Yasuhiro Tanimoto, Masaki Asano, Kunihiko Yamada, Takemi Goseki, and Kazutaka Kasai, “Role of interleukin-6 in orthodontically induced inflammatory root resorption in humans,” The Korean Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 294, 2013.
- Yi-fan Dai, Tian-yu Chen, Xiao-chun Bai, Xiao-chen Zheng, Ping-lin Lai, Jia Liu, Liang Wang, Jian Chen, Da-di Jin, Zhong-min Zhang, Min-jun Huang, Si Qin, and Cheng-liang Yang, “Endogenous n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) mitigate ovariectomy-induced bone loss by attenuating bone marrow adipogenesis in FAT1 transgenic mice,” Drug Design Development And Therapy, vol. 7, pp. 545–552, 2013.
- Israa Al-Shakarchi, Nicola J. Gullick, and David L. Scott, “Current perspectives on tocilizumab for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: a review,” Patient Preference And Adherence, vol. 7, pp. 653–666, 2013.
- Misato Hashizume, Seng-Lai Tan, Junichi Takano, Kazunori Ohsawa, Ikuo Hasada, Akira Hanasaki, Ichiro Ito, Masahiko Mihara, and Keiichiro Nishida, “Tocilizumab, A Humanized Anti-IL-6R Antibody, as an Emerging Therapeutic Option for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Molecular and Cellular Mechanistic Insights,” International Reviews of Immunology, pp. 140806053603007, 2014.
- Jeffrey R. Curtis, Susana Perez-Gutthann, Samy Suissa, Pavel Napalkov, Natasha Singh, Liz Thompson, and Benjamin Porter-Brown, “Tocilizumab in rheumatoid arthritis: A case study of safety evaluations of a large postmarketing data set from multiple data sources,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, 2014.
- M. Yamashita, K. Ukibe, H. Uenishi, T. Hosoya, F. Sakai, and Y. Kadooka, “Lactobacillus helveticus SBT2171, a cheese starter, regulates proliferation and cytokine production of immune cells,” Journal of Dairy Science, 2014.
- Ping-Wei Zhao, Wei-Guang Jiang, Li Wang, Zhen-Yu Jiang, Yu-Xing Shan, and Yan-Fang Jiang, “Plasma Levels of IL-37 and Correlation with TNF-alpha, IL-17A, and Disease Activity during DMARD Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 5, 2014.
- Amrita Sarkar, Poulami Datta, Asok Kumar Das, and Antony Gomes, “Anti-rheurnatoid and anti-oxidant activity of horneopathic Guaiacum officinale in an animal model,” Homeopathy, vol. 103, no. 2, pp. 133–138, 2014.
- Guo Tian, Jiao-Long Li, De-Guang Wang, and Dian Zhou, “Targeting IL-10 in Auto-immune Diseases,” Cell Biochemistry and Biophysics, 2014.