- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 979032, 16 pages
Biomechanical Influence of Cartilage Homeostasis in Health and Disease
1School of Engineering and Materials Science, Queen Mary University of London, London E1 4NS, UK
2Department of Pathology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Received 1 April 2011; Accepted 26 June 2011
Academic Editor: Johanne Martel-Pelletier
Copyright © 2011 D. L. Bader et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Maria L. Roemhildt, Bruce D. Beynnon, Mack Gardner-Morse, Gary Badger, and Calsey Grant, “Changes induced by chronic in vivo load alteration in the tibiofemoral joint of mature rabbits,” Journal of Orthopaedic Research, vol. 30, no. 9, pp. 1413–1422, 2012.
- D.M. Pierce, T. Ricken, and G.A. Holzapfel, “Modeling sample/patient-specific structural and diffusional responses of cartilage using DT-MRI,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering, 2012.
- Sarindr Bhumiratana, Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic, Ivana Gadjanski, Supansa Yodmuang, and Kara Spiller, “Supplementation of exogenous ATP enhances mechanical properties of 3D cell-agarose constructs for cartilage tissue engineering,” Tissue Engineering Part A, pp. 130508044456002, 2013.
- Tamás Juhász, Csaba Matta, Csilla Somogyi, Éva Katona, Roland Takács, Rudolf Ferenc Soha, István A. Szabó, Csaba Cserháti, Róbert Sződy, Zoltán Karácsonyi, Éva Bakó, Pál Gergely, and Róza Zákány, “Mechanical loading stimulates chondrogenesis via the PKA/CREB-Sox9 and PP2A pathways in chicken micromass cultures,” Cellular Signalling, 2013.
- Zhaohui Li, and Zhanfeng Cui, “Three-dimensional perfused cell culture,” Biotechnology Advances, 2013.
- U.H.W. Schütz, J. Ellermann, D. Schoss, H. Wiedelbach, M. Beer, and C. Billich, “Biochemical cartilage alteration and unexpected signal recovery in T2* mapping observed in ankle joints with mobile MRI during a transcontinental multistage footrace over 4486 km,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2014.
- B. Steinecker-Frohnwieser, L. Weigl, W. Kullich, and B. Lohberger, “The disease modifying osteoarthritis drug diacerein is able to antagonize pro inflammatory state of chondrocytes under mild mechanical stimuli,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2014.
- Denitsa Docheva, Cvetan Popov, Paolo Alberton, and Attila Aszodi, “Integrin signaling in skeletal development and function,” Birth Defects Research Part C: Embryo Today: Reviews, vol. 102, no. 1, pp. 13–36, 2014.
- Corinne R. Henak, Gerard A. Ateshian, and Jeffrey A. Weiss, “Finite Element Prediction of Transchondral Stress and Strain in the Human Hip,” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering-Transactions of The Asme, vol. 136, no. 2, 2014.
- R.F. Moyer, A. Ratneswaran, F. Beier, and T.B. Birmingham, “Osteoarthritis Year in Review 2014: mechanics – basic and clinical studies in osteoarthritis,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, vol. 22, no. 12, pp. 1989–2002, 2014.
- P. Das Neves Borges, A.E. Forte, T.L. Vincent, D. Dini, and M. Marenzana, “Rapid, automated imaging of mouse articular cartilage by microCT for early detection of osteoarthritis and finite element modelling of joint mechanics,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 1419–1428, 2014.
- J.M. Fick, M.R.J. Huttu, M.J. Lammi, and R.K. Korhonen, “In vitro glycation of articular cartilage alters the biomechanical response of chondrocytes in a depth-dependent manner,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 1410–1418, 2014.
- Heiko Topol, Hasan Demirkoparan, Thomas J. Pence, and Alan Wineman, “A theory for deformation dependent evolution of continuous fibre distribution applicable to collagen remodelling,” Ima Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 79, no. 5, pp. 947–977, 2014.
- Craig I. Johnson, David J. Argyle, and Dylan N. Clements, “In vitro models for the study of osteoarthritis,” The Veterinary Journal, 2015.
- David M. Pierce, Michael J. Unterberger, Werner Trobin, Tim Ricken, and Gerhard A. Holzapfel, “A microstructurally based continuum model of cartilage viscoelasticity and permeability incorporating measured statistical fiber orientations,” Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, 2015.
- Heiko Topol, Hasan Demirkoparan, Thomas J. Pence, and Alan Wineman, “Uniaxial load analysis under stretch-dependent fiber remodeling applicable to collagenous tissue,” Journal of Engineering Mathematics, 2015.
- Xuetao Xie, Veronica Ulici, Peter G. Alexander, Yangzi Jiang, Changqing Zhang, and Rocky S. Tuan, “Platelet-Rich Plasma Inhibits Mechanically Induced Injury in Chondrocytes,” Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic & Related Surgery, 2015.
- Ching-Heng Chou, Ming Ta Michael Lee, I-Wen Song, Liang-Suei Lu, Hsain-Chung Shen, Chian-Her Lee, Jer-Yuarn Wu, Yuan-Tsong Chen, Virginia Byers Kraus, and Chia-Chun Wu, “Insights into Osteoarthritis Progression Revealed by Analyses of Both Knee Tibiofemoral Compartments,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2015.