- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 242159, 5 pages
Osteoarthritis of the Wrist STT Joint and Radiocarpal Joint
1Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 3550 Terrace St., Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
2Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, 510 South Kingshighway, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Received 20 June 2012; Accepted 23 July 2012
Academic Editor: Marco Amedeo Cimmino
Copyright © 2012 Ronit Wollstein et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Bhatia, T. Pisoh, C. Touam, and C. Oberlin, “Incidence and distribution of scaphotrapezotrapezoidal arthritis in 73 fresh cadaveric wrists,” Annales de Chirurgie de la Main et du Membre Superieur, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 220–225, 1996.
- H. Moritomo, S. F. Viegas, K. Nakamura, M. F. DaSilva, and R. M. Patterson, “The scaphotrapezio-trapezoidal joint. Part 1: an anatomic and radiographic study,” Journal of Hand Surgery, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 899–910, 2000.
- S. F. Viegas, R. M. Patterson, J. A. Hokanson, and J. Davis, “Wrist anatomy: incidence, distribution, and correlation of anatomic variations, tears, and arthrosis,” Journal of Hand Surgery, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 463–475, 1993.
- R. Wollstein and H. K. Watson, “Scaphotrapeziotrapezoid arthrodesis for arthritis,” Hand Clinics, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 539–543, 2005.
- H. K. Watson, J. Weinzweig, and J. Zeppieri, “The natural progression of scaphoid instability,” Hand Clinics, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 39–49, 1997.
- L. White, J. Clavijo, L. A. Gilula, and R. Wollstein, “Classification system for isolated arthritis of the scaphotrapeziotrapezoidal joint,” Journal of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 112–117, 2010.
- H. K. Watson and F. L. Ballet, “The SLAC wrist: scapholunate advanced collapse pattern of degenerative arthritis,” Journal of Hand Surgery, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 358–365, 1984.
- H. K. Watson and J. Ryu, “Evolution of arthritis of the wrist,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 202, pp. 57–67, 1986.
- R. G. Eaton and S. Z. Glickel, “Trapeziometacarpal osteoarthritis: staging as a rationale for treatment,” Hand Clinics, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 455–469, 1988.
- S. M. Schimmerl-Metz, V. M. Metz, S. M. S. Totterman, F. A. Mann, and L. A. Gilula, “Radiologic measurement of the scapholunate joint: implications of biologic variation in scapholunate joint morphology,” Journal of Hand Surgery, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 1237–1244, 1999.
- H. Moritomo, S. F. Viegas, K. Elder, K. Nakamura, M. F. DaSilva, and R. M. Patterson, “The scaphotrapezio-trapezoidal joint. Part 2: a kinematic study,” Journal of Hand Surgery, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 911–920, 2000.
- G. D. Brown III, M. S. Roh, R. J. Strauch, M. P. Rosenwasser, G. A. Ateshian, and V. C. Mow, “Radiography and visual pathology of the osteoarthritic scaphotrapezio-trapezoidal joint, and its relationship to trapeziometacarpal osteoarthritis,” Journal of Hand Surgery, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 739–743, 2003.