- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 504189, 7 pages
The Effects of Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss on Knee Pain in Patients with Osteoarthritis of the Knee
1Penn State College of Medicine, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Penn State University, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
2Department of Surgery, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Drive, MC H149, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
3Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, 30 Hope Drive, P.O. Box 859, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
4Department of Family and Community Medicine, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Drive, H154, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
5Department of Health Evaluation Sciences, Penn State College of Medicine, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, 600 Centerview Drive, Suite 2200, P.O. Box 855, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
6Department of Radiology, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Drive, H066, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Received 31 July 2012; Revised 26 September 2012; Accepted 18 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jiri Vencovsky
Copyright © 2012 Christopher Edwards et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- David Trofa, Eric Smith, Vivek Shah, and Scott Shikora, “Total weight loss associated with increased physical activity after bariatric surgery may increase the need for total joint arthroplasty,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 2013.
- Rebecca M. Speck, Dale S. Bond, David B. Sarwer, and John T. Farrar, “A systematic review of musculoskeletal pain among bariatric surgery patients: implications for physical activity and exercise,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 2013.
- Morena Scotece, Javier Conde, Verónica López, Francisca Lago, Jesús Pino, Juan Jesús Gómez-Reino, and Oreste Gualillo, “Adiponectin and Leptin: New Targets in Inflammation,” Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology, 2013.
- Daniel P. Alford, “Weighing In on Opioids for Chronic Pain The Barriers to Change,” Jama-Journal Of The American Medical Association, vol. 310, no. 13, pp. 1351–1352, 2013.
- Janice Lin, Manish Parikh, and Jonathan Samuels, “Comment on “The Effects of Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss on Knee Pain in Patients with Osteoarthritis of the Knee”,” Arthritis, vol. 2013, pp. 1–2, 2013.
- H. Bliddal, A. R. Leeds, and R. Christensen, “Osteoarthritis, obesity and weight loss: evidence, hypotheses and horizons - a scoping review,” Obesity Reviews, 2014.
- Ussamah El-khani, Ahmed Ahmed, Sherif Hakky, Jean Nehme, Jonathan Cousins, Harvinder Chahal, and Sanjay Purkayastha, “The Impact of Obesity Surgery on Musculoskeletal Disease,” Obesity Surgery, 2014.