- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 601763, 11 pages
The Pathogenesis of Nontraumatic Osteonecrosis
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Virginia School of Medicine, 400 Ray C. Hunt Drive, Box 800159, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Received 24 June 2012; Accepted 28 October 2012
Academic Editor: Pierre Youinou
Copyright © 2012 Jesse Seamon et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [20 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Dora Liu, Alexandra Ahmet, Leanne Ward, Preetha Krishnamoorthy, Efrem D. Mandelcorn, Richard Leigh, Jacques P. Brown, Albert Cohen, and Harold Kim, “A practical guide to the monitoring and management of the complications of systemic corticosteroid therapy,” Allergy Asthma and Clinical Immunology, vol. 9, 2013.
- Sabina Antoniu, “Fresh from the designation pipeline: orphan drugs recently designated in the European Union (June – August 2013),” Expert Opinion on Orphan Drugs, vol. 1, no. 12, pp. 1063–1071, 2013.
- Kimona Issa, Qais Naziri, Vijay Rasquinha, Aditya V. Maheshwari, Ronald E. Delanois, and Michael A. Mont, “Outcomes of Cement less Primary THA for Osteonecrosis in HIV-Infected Patients,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery-American Volume, vol. 95A, no. 20, pp. 1845–1850, 2013.
- Jun Wang, Ali Kalhor, Shifeier Lu, Ross Crawford, Jiang-Dong Ni, and Yin Xiao, “iNOS expression and osteocyte apoptosis in idiopathic, non-traumatic osteonecrosis,” Acta Orthopaedica, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Sen Chen, Jianping Li, Hao Peng, Jianlin Zhou, and Hongsong Fang, “Administration of erythropoietin exerts protective effects against glucocorticoid-induced osteonecrosis of the femoral head in rats,” International Journal of Molecular Medicine, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 840–848, 2014.
- I.C. Mariee, A. Gröne, and L.F.H. Theyse, “The role of osteonecrosis in canine coronoid dysplasia: Arthroscopic and histopathological findings.,” The Veterinary Journal, 2014.
- P. C. Grunert, F. Collettini, C. Perka, M. Zeitz, B. Wiedenmann, and C. Buening, “A Rare Cause of Peripheral Arthralgia in Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Multifocal Osteonecrosis,” Zeitschrift Fur Gastroenterologie, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 285–289, 2014.
- Jiansheng Su, Mu Feng, Wenfei Han, and Hang Zhao, “The effects of bisphosphonate on the remodeling of different irregular bones in mice,” Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine, 2014.
- Rainer Beckmann, Hayfaa Shaheen, Nisreen Kweider, Alireza Ghassemi, Athanassios Fragoulis, Benita Hermanns-Sachweh, Thomas Pufe, Mamed Kadyrov, and Wolf Drescher, “Enoxaparin Prevents Steroid-Related Avascular Necrosis of the Femoral Head,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, pp. 1–6, 2014.
- Yu-Cai Hong, Ru-Bin Luo, Tiao Lin, Hui-Ming Zhong, and Jian-Bin Shi, “Efficacy of Alendronate for Preventing Collapse of Femoral Head in Adult Patients with Nontraumatic Osteonecrosis,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Jian-An Wang, “Evidence for Using Alendronate to Treat Adult Avascular Necrosis of the Femoral Head: A Systematic Review,” Medical Science Monitor, vol. 20, pp. 2439–2447, 2014.
- Dominik Alex Nowak, and Jensen Yeung, “Steroid-Induced Osteonecrosis in Dermatology: A Review,” Journal Of Cutaneous Medicine And Surgery, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 358–360, 2015.
- Tim Classen, Sebastian Warwas, Marcus Jäger, and Stefan Landgraeber, “Two-year follow-up after advanced core decompression,” Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 2015.
- Andrea Lazik, Stefan Landgraeber, Tim Claßen, Oliver Kraff, Thomas C. Lauenstein, and Jens M. Theysohn, “Aspects of postoperative magnetic resonance imaging of patients with avascular necrosis of the femoral head, treated by advanced core decompression,” Skeletal Radiology, 2015.
- Yusuke Kubo, Takuaki Yamamoto, Goro Motomura, Nobuaki Tsukamoto, Kazuyuki Karasuyama, Kazuhiko Sonoda, Hiroyuki Hatanaka, Takeshi Utsunomiya, and Yukihide Iwamoto, “MRI-detected bone marrow changes within 3 weeks after initiation of high-dose corticosteroid therapy: a possible change preceding the subsequent appea,” Rheumatology International, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 1909–1912, 2015.
- Okan Ozkunt, Kerim Sarıyılmaz, Mustafa Sungur, Ferhat Ilen, and Fatih Dikici, “Bilateral avascular necrosis of the femoral head due to the use of heroin: A case report,” International Journal of Surgery Case Reports, 2015.
- Huijuan Cao, Hanfeng Guan, Yuxiao Lai, Ling Qin, and Xinluan Wang, “Review of various treatment options and potential therapies for osteonecrosis of the femoral head,” Journal of Orthopaedic Translation, 2015.
- Yan Zhang, Chunhui Ma, Yinxian Yu, Man Liu, and Chengqing Yi, “Are CXCL13/CXCR5/FAK critical regulators of MSCs migration and differentiation?,” Medical Hypotheses, 2015.
- Chenggang Li, Lin Shen, Yanping Yang, Bo Shuai, Xiaojuan Xu, and Chen Ma, “Plasma ghrelin and von Willebrand Factor levels in patients with non-traumatic osteonecrosis of the femoral head,” Hip International, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 76–81, 2015.
- Bennett Douglas Grimm, Brian Joseph Blessinger, Bruce Vaiden Darden, Craig D. Brigham, Jeffrey S. Kneisl, and Eric B. Laxer, “Mimickers of Lumbar Radiculopathy,” Journal Of The American Academy Of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 7–17, 2015.