- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 604187, 11 pages
Silicon, a Possible Link between Environmental Exposure and Autoimmune Diseases: The Case of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Center for Autoimmune Diseases Research (CREA), School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universidad del Rosario,
Carrera 24 No. 63C-69, Bogotá, Colombia
Received 7 August 2012; Accepted 13 September 2012
Academic Editor: Francesco Trotta
Copyright © 2012 Cesar A. Speck-Hernandez and Gladis Montoya-Ortiz. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Alexander Gerber, Doris Klingelhoefer, David A. Groneberg, and Matthias Bundschuh, “Silicosis: geographic changes in research: an analysis employing density-equalizing mapping,” Journal of Occupational Medicine and Toxicology, vol. 9, 2014.
- Agata N. Burska, Laura Hunt, Marjorie Boissinot, Rocky Strollo, Brent J. Ryan, Ed Vital, Ahuva Nissim, Paul G. Winyard, Paul Emery, and Frederique Ponchel, “Autoantibodies to Posttranslational Modifications in Rheumatoid Arthritis,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2014, pp. 1–19, 2014.
- Idan Goren, Gad Segal, and Yehuda Shoenfeld, “Autoimmune/inflammatory syndrome induced by adjuvant (ASIA) evolution after silicone implants. Who is at risk?,” Clinical Rheumatology, 2015.
- María-Teresa Arango, Carlo Perricone, Shaye Kivity, Enrica Cipriano, Fulvia Ceccarelli, Guido Valesini, and Yehuda Shoenfeld, “HLA-DRB1 the notorious gene in the mosaic of autoimmunity,” Immunologic Research, 2016.
- Ayodeji Adegunsoye, Justin M. Oldham, Carley Demchuk, Steven Montner, Rekha Vij, and Mary E. Strek, “Predictors of survival in coexistent hypersensitivity pneumonitis with autoimmune features,” Respiratory Medicine, 2016.