- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 648537, 7 pages
Expression of Angiotensin II Receptor-1 in Human Articular Chondrocytes
1Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Science, St. Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki-shi,
Kanagawa 2168511, Japan
2Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Yokohama City University, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa 2360004, Japan
3Department of Frontier Medicine, Institute of Medical Science, St. Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa 2168512, Japan
4Department of Joint Disease and Rheumatism, Nippon Medical School, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 1138603, Japan
5Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, St. Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa 2168511, Japan
6Graduate School of Nutritional Science, Sagami Women's University, Sagamihara-shi, Kanagawa 2520383, Japan
Received 10 August 2012; Revised 21 November 2012; Accepted 5 December 2012
Academic Editor: George D. Kitas
Copyright © 2012 Yuki Kawakami et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Rosenkranz, “TGF-β1 and angiotensin networking in cardiac remodeling,” Cardiovascular Research, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 423–432, 2004.
- L. Hunyady and K. J. Catt, “Pleiotropic AT1 receptor signaling pathways mediating physiological and pathogenic actions of angiotensin II,” Molecular Endocrinology, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 953–970, 2006.
- J. L. Lavoie and C. D. Sigmund, “Minireview: overview of the renin-angiotensin system—an endocrine and paracrine system,” Endocrinology, vol. 144, no. 6, pp. 2179–2183, 2003.
- F. Deshayes and C. Nahmias, “Angiotensin receptors: a new role in cancer?” Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 293–299, 2005.
- H. Matsubara, T. Sugaya, S. Murasawa et al., “Tissue-specific expression of human angiotensin II AT1 and AT2 receptors and cellular localization of subtype mRNAs in adult human renal cortex using in situ hybridization,” Nephron, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 25–34, 1998.
- N. Miyata, F. Park, X. F. Li, and A. W. Cowley Jr., “Distribution of angiotensin AT1 and AT2 receptor subtypes in the rat kidney,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 277, no. 3, pp. F437–F446, 1999.
- M. Izai, S. Miyazaki, R. Murai et al., “Prorenin-renin axis in synovial fluid in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis,” Endocrinologia Japonica, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 259–267, 1992.
- V. Çobankara, M. A. Öztürk, S. Kiraz et al., “Renin and angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) as active components of the local synovial renin-angiotensin system in rheumatoid arthritis,” Rheumatology International, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 285–291, 2005.
- K. Sagawa, K. Nagatani, Y. Komagata, and K. Yamamoto, “Angiotensin receptor blockers suppress antigen-specific T cell responses and ameliorate collagen-induced arthritis in mice,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 1920–1928, 2005.
- A. Price, J. C. Lockhart, W. R. Ferrell, W. Gsell, S. McLean, and R. D. Sturrock, “Angiotensin II type 1 receptor as a novel therapeutic target in rheumatoid arthritis: in vivo analyses in rodent models of arthritis and ex vivo analyses in human inflammatory synovitis,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 441–447, 2007.
- L. Pattacini, B. Casali, L. Boiardi, N. Pipitone, L. Albertazzi, and C. Salvarani, “Angiotensin II protects fibroblast-like synoviocytes from apoptosis via the AT1-NF-κB pathway,” Rheumatology, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 1252–1257, 2007.
- T. Iwamoto, H. Okamoto, S. Kobayashi et al., “A role of monocyte chemoattractant protein-4 (MCP-4)/CCL13 from chondrocytes in rheumatoid arthritis,” FEBS Journal, vol. 274, no. 18, pp. 4904–4912, 2007.
- K. Masuko, M. Murata, H. Nakamura, K. Yudoh, K. Nishioka, and T. Kato, “Sphingosine-1-phosphate attenuates proteoglycan aggrecan expression via production of prostaglandin E2 from human articular chondrocytes,” BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, vol. 8, article 29, 2007.
- S. L. Malendowicz, P. V. Ennezat, M. Testa et al., “Angiotensin II receptor subtypes in the skeletal muscle vasculature of patients with severe congestive heart failure,” Circulation, vol. 102, no. 18, pp. 2210–2213, 2000.
- D. F. Guo, Y. L. Sun, P. Hamet, and T. Inagami, “The angiotensin II type 1 receptor and receptor-associated proteins,” Cell Research, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 165–180, 2001.
- E. R. Inwang, J. R. Puddefoot, C. L. Brown et al., “Angiotensin II type 1 receptor expression in human breast tissues,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 75, no. 9, pp. 1279–1283, 1997.
- P. Paradis, N. Dali-Youcef, F. W. Paradis, G. Thibault, and M. Nemer, “Overexpression of angiotensin II type I receptor in cardiomyocytes induces cardiac hypertrophy and remodeling,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 931–936, 2000.
- H. Kawano, R. J. Cody, K. Graf et al., “Angiotensin II enhances integrin and α-actinin expression in adult rat cardiac fibroblasts,” Hypertension, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 273–279, 2000.
- F. Praddaude, S. W. Cousins, C. Pêcher, and M. E. Marin-Castaño, “Angiotensin II-induced hypertension regulates AT1 receptor subtypes and extracellular matrix turnover in mouse retinal pigment epithelium,” Experimental Eye Research, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 109–118, 2009.
- D. Herr, M. Rodewald, H. M. Fraser et al., “Regulation of endothelial proliferation by the renin-angiotensin system in human umbilical vein endothelial cells,” Reproduction, vol. 136, no. 1, pp. 125–130, 2008.
- H. Shan, X. Bai, and X. Chen, “Angiotensin II induces endothelial cell senescence via the activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases,” Cell Biochemistry and Function, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 459–466, 2008.
- D. Gurantz, R. T. Cowling, N. Varki, E. Frikovsky, C. D. Moore, and B. H. Greenberg, “IL-1β and TNF-α upregulate angiotensin II type 1 (AT1) receptors on cardiac fibroblasts and are associated with increased AT1 density in the post-MI heart,” Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 505–515, 2005.
- R. T. Cowling, X. Zhang, V. C. Reese et al., “Effects of cytokine treatment on angiotensin II type 1A receptor transcription and splicing in rat cardiac fibroblasts,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 289, no. 3, pp. H1176–H1183, 2005.
- B. N. Becker, T. Yasuda, S. Kondo, S. Vaikunth, T. Homma, and R. C. Harris, “Mechanical stretch/relaxation stimulates a cellular renin-angiotensin system in cultured rat mesangial cells,” Experimental Nephrology, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 57–66, 1998.
- Y. Zou, H. Akazawa, Y. Qin et al., “Mechanical stress activates angiotensin II type 1 receptor without the involvement of angiotensin II,” Nature Cell Biology, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 499–506, 2004.
- N. Yasuda, H. Akazawa, Y. Qin, Y. Zou, and I. Komuro, “A novel mechanism of mechanical stress-induced angiotensin II type 1-receptor activation without the involvement of angiotensin II,” Naunyn-Schmiedeberg's Archives of Pharmacology, vol. 377, no. 4–6, pp. 393–399, 2008.