- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 698709, 6 pages
The Global Economic Cost of Osteoarthritis: How the UK Compares
MSK Lab, Imperial College, London W6 8RF, UK
Received 30 May 2012; Accepted 30 August 2012
Academic Editor: Charles J. Malemud
Copyright © 2012 A. Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Mickaël Hiligsmann, Cyrus Cooper, Nigel Arden, Maarten Boers, Jaime C. Branco, Maria Luisa Brandi, Olivier Bruyère, Francis Guillemin, Marc C. Hochberg, David J. Hunter, John A. Kanis, Tore K. Kvien, Andrea Laslop, Jean-Pierre Pelletier, Daniel Pinto, Susanne Reiter-Niesert, René Rizzoli, Lucio C. Rovati, Johan L. (Hans) Severens, Stuart Silverman, Yannis Tsouderos, Peter Tugwell, and Jean-Yves Reginster, “Health economics in the field of osteoarthritis: An Expert's consensus paper from the European Society for Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis (ESCEO),” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, 2013.
- Henning Madry, and Magali Cucchiarini, “Advances and challenges in gene-based approaches for osteoarthritis,” The Journal of Gene Medicine, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 343–355, 2013.
- Alison J. Davis, Nidhi Sofat, Caroline B. Hing, and Toby O. Smith, “Are Bisphosphonates Effective in the Treatment of Osteoarthritis Pain? A Meta-Analysis and Systematic Review,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 9, 2013.
- Margarita Kotti, Lynsey D. Duffell, Aldo A. Faisal, and Alison H. McGregor, “The Complexity of Human Walking: A Knee Osteoarthritis Study,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 9, 2014.
- B. Steinecker-Frohnwieser, L. Weigl, W. Kullich, and B. Lohberger, “The disease modifying osteoarthritis drug diacerein is able to antagonize pro inflammatory state of chondrocytes under mild mechanical stimuli,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2014.
- Jonathan A. Green, Kimberley L. Hirst-Jones, Rose K. Davidson, Orla Jupp, Yongping Bao, Alexander J. MacGregor, Simon T. Donell, and Aedin Cassidy, “The potential for dietary factors to prevent or treat osteoarthritis,” Proceedings of The Nutrition Society, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 278–288, 2014.
- Ilana N. Ackerman, Mark A. Tacey, Zanfina Ademi, Megan A. Bohensky, Danny Liew, and Caroline A. Brand, “Using WOMAC Index scores and personal characteristics to estimate Assessment of Quality of Life utility scores in people with hip and knee joint disease,” Quality of Life Research, 2014.
- R. Plaster, W. B. Vieira, F. A. D. Alencar, E. Y. Nakano, and R. E. Liebano, “Immediate effects of electroacupuncture and manual acupuncture on pain, mobility and muscle strength in patients with knee osteoarthritis: a randomised controlled trial,” Acupuncture in Medicine, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 236–241, 2014.
- Philippe Bertin, Francois Rannou, Laurent Grange, Jean-Noel Dachicourt, Pierre Bruel, Corinne Emery, Nathalie Grandfils, and Charles Taieb, “Annual Cost of Patients with Osteoarthritis of the Hip and Knee in France,” Journal of Musculoskeletal Pain, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 356–364, 2014.
- Timothy B. Durham, Valentine J. Klimkowski, Christopher J. Rito, Jothirajah Marimuthu, James L. Toth, Chin Liu, Jim D. Durbin, Stephanie L. Stout, Lisa Adams, Craig Swearingen, Chaohua Lin, Mark G. Chambers, Kannan Thirunavukkarasu, and Michael R. Wiley, “Identification of Potent and Selective Hydantoin Inhibitors of Aggrecanase-1 and Aggrecanase-2 That Are Efficacious in Both Chemical and Surgical Models of Osteoarthritis,” Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, pp. 141205135315003, 2014.
- R. Oppong, S. Jowett, E. Nicholls, D. G. T. Whitehurst, S. Hill, A. Hammond, E. M. Hay, and K. Dziedzic, “Joint protection and hand exercises for hand osteoarthritis: an economic evaluation comparing methods for the analysis of factorial trials,” Rheumatology, 2014.
- Jaume Puig-Junoy, and Alba Ruiz Zamora, “Socio-economic costs of osteoarthritis: A systematic review of cost-of-illness studies,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, 2014.
- Yan-Wei Yin, Qian-Qian Sun, Ai-Min Hu, Qi Wang, and Hong-Li Liu, “Association of rs9340799 polymorphism in estrogen receptor alpha gene with the risk of osteoarthritis: evidence based on 8,792 subjects,” Molecular Genetics and Genomics, 2014.
- Yuqing Zhang, Kari A. O. Tikkinen, Thomas Agoritsas, Olufemi R. Ayeni, Paul Alexander, Maha Imam, Daniel Yoo, Athanasios Tsalatsanis, Benjamin Djulbegovic, Lehana Thabane, Holger Schuenemann, and Gordon H. Guyatt, “Patients' values and preferences of the expected efficacy of hip arthroscopy for osteoarthritis: a protocol for a multinational structured interview-based study combined with a randomised survey on the optimal amount of information to elicit preferences,” Bmj Open, vol. 4, no. 10, 2014.