- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 698709, 6 pages
The Global Economic Cost of Osteoarthritis: How the UK Compares
MSK Lab, Imperial College, London W6 8RF, UK
Received 30 May 2012; Accepted 30 August 2012
Academic Editor: Charles J. Malemud
Copyright © 2012 A. Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [25 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Mickaël Hiligsmann, Cyrus Cooper, Nigel Arden, Maarten Boers, Jaime C. Branco, Maria Luisa Brandi, Olivier Bruyère, Francis Guillemin, Marc C. Hochberg, David J. Hunter, John A. Kanis, Tore K. Kvien, Andrea Laslop, Jean-Pierre Pelletier, Daniel Pinto, Susanne Reiter-Niesert, René Rizzoli, Lucio C. Rovati, Johan L. (Hans) Severens, Stuart Silverman, Yannis Tsouderos, Peter Tugwell, and Jean-Yves Reginster, “Health economics in the field of osteoarthritis: An Expert's consensus paper from the European Society for Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis (ESCEO),” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, 2013.
- Henning Madry, and Magali Cucchiarini, “Advances and challenges in gene-based approaches for osteoarthritis,” The Journal of Gene Medicine, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 343–355, 2013.
- Alison J. Davis, Nidhi Sofat, Caroline B. Hing, and Toby O. Smith, “Are Bisphosphonates Effective in the Treatment of Osteoarthritis Pain? A Meta-Analysis and Systematic Review,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 9, 2013.
- Margarita Kotti, Lynsey D. Duffell, Aldo A. Faisal, and Alison H. McGregor, “The Complexity of Human Walking: A Knee Osteoarthritis Study,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 9, 2014.
- Jonathan A. Green, Kimberley L. Hirst-Jones, Rose K. Davidson, Orla Jupp, Yongping Bao, Alexander J. MacGregor, Simon T. Donell, and Aedin Cassidy, “The potential for dietary factors to prevent or treat osteoarthritis,” Proceedings of The Nutrition Society, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 278–288, 2014.
- B. Steinecker-Frohnwieser, L. Weigl, W. Kullich, and B. Lohberger, “The disease modifying osteoarthritis drug diacerein is able to antagonize pro inflammatory state of chondrocytes under mild mechanical stimuli,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2014.
- Ilana N. Ackerman, Mark A. Tacey, Zanfina Ademi, Megan A. Bohensky, Danny Liew, and Caroline A. Brand, “Using WOMAC Index scores and personal characteristics to estimate Assessment of Quality of Life utility scores in people with hip and knee joint disease,” Quality of Life Research, 2014.
- R. Plaster, W. B. Vieira, F. A. D. Alencar, E. Y. Nakano, and R. E. Liebano, “Immediate effects of electroacupuncture and manual acupuncture on pain, mobility and muscle strength in patients with knee osteoarthritis: a randomised controlled trial,” Acupuncture in Medicine, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 236–241, 2014.
- Timothy B. Durham, Valentine J. Klimkowski, Christopher J. Rito, Jothirajah Marimuthu, James L. Toth, Chin Liu, Jim D. Durbin, Stephanie L. Stout, Lisa Adams, Craig Swearingen, Chaohua Lin, Mark G. Chambers, Kannan Thirunavukkarasu, and Michael R. Wiley, “Identification of Potent and Selective Hydantoin Inhibitors of Aggrecanase-1 and Aggrecanase-2 That Are Efficacious in Both Chemical and Surgical Models of Osteoarthritis,” Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, pp. 141205135315003, 2014.
- Philippe Bertin, Francois Rannou, Laurent Grange, Jean-Noel Dachicourt, Pierre Bruel, Corinne Emery, Nathalie Grandfils, and Charles Taieb, “Annual Cost of Patients with Osteoarthritis of the Hip and Knee in France,” Journal of Musculoskeletal Pain, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 356–364, 2014.
- R. Oppong, S. Jowett, E. Nicholls, D. G. T. Whitehurst, S. Hill, A. Hammond, E. M. Hay, and K. Dziedzic, “Joint protection and hand exercises for hand osteoarthritis: an economic evaluation comparing methods for the analysis of factorial trials,” Rheumatology, 2014.
- Jaume Puig-Junoy, and Alba Ruiz Zamora, “Socio-economic costs of osteoarthritis: A systematic review of cost-of-illness studies,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, 2014.
- Yan-Wei Yin, Qian-Qian Sun, Ai-Min Hu, Qi Wang, and Hong-Li Liu, “Association of rs9340799 polymorphism in estrogen receptor alpha gene with the risk of osteoarthritis: evidence based on 8,792 subjects,” Molecular Genetics and Genomics, 2014.
- Yuqing Zhang, Kari A. O. Tikkinen, Thomas Agoritsas, Olufemi R. Ayeni, Paul Alexander, Maha Imam, Daniel Yoo, Athanasios Tsalatsanis, Benjamin Djulbegovic, Lehana Thabane, Holger Schuenemann, and Gordon H. Guyatt, “Patients' values and preferences of the expected efficacy of hip arthroscopy for osteoarthritis: a protocol for a multinational structured interview-based study combined with a randomised survey on the optimal amount of information to elicit preferences,” Bmj Open, vol. 4, no. 10, 2014.
- R. K. Davidson, and I. M. Clark, “Dietary intervention for osteoarthritis: Clinical trials after the ‘Bone and Joint Decade’,” Nutrition Bulletin, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 203–210, 2015.
- L. Vikingsson, B. Claessens, J.A. Gómez-Tejedor, G. Gallego Ferrer, and J.L. Gómez Ribelles, “Relationship between micro-porosity, water permeability and mechanical behavior in scaffolds for cartilage engineering,” Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, vol. 48, pp. 60–69, 2015.
- Despena Andrioti, Kypros Kyprianou, and George Charalambous, “How much do rheumatologists and orthopaedists doctors’ modalities impact the cost of arthritis in Cyprus?,” BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, vol. 16, no. 1, 2015.
- Derek H. Rosenzweig, Eric Carelli, Thomas Steffen, Peter Jarzem, and Lisbet Haglund, “3D-Printed ABS and PLA Scaffolds for Cartilage and Nucleus Pulposus Tissue Regeneration,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 15118–15135, 2015.
- Alvin Chen, Sanjeeve Sabharwal, Kashif Akhtar, Navnit Makaram, and Chinmay M. Gupte, “Time-driven activity based costing of total knee replacement surgery at a London teaching hospital,” The Knee, 2015.
- Betul Kul Babur, Mahboubeh Kabiri, Travis Jacob Klein, William B. Lott, and Michael Robert Doran, “The Rapid Manufacture of Uniform Composite Multicellular-Biomaterial Micropellets, Their Assembly into Macroscopic Organized Tissues, and Potential Ap,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 5, 2015.
- Betul Kul Babur, Kathryn Futrega, William B. Lott, Travis Jacob Klein, Justin Cooper-White, and Michael Robert Doran, “High-throughput bone and cartilage micropellet manufacture, followed by assembly of micropellets into biphasic osteochondral tissue,” Cell and Tissue Research, 2015.
- Aileen Clarke, Ruth Pulikottil-Jacob, Amy Grove, Karoline Freeman, Hema Mistry, Alexander Tsertsvadze, Martin Connock, Rachel Court, Ngianga-Bakwin Kandala, Matthew Costa, Gaurav Suri, David Metcalfe, Michael Crowther, Sarah Morrow, Samantha Johnson, and Paul Sutcliffe, “Total hip replacement and surface replacement for the treatment of pain and disability resulting from end-stage arthritis of the hip (review of technology appraisal guidance 2 and 44): systematic review and economic evaluation,” Health Technology Assessment, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 1–668, 2015.
- R. K. Davidson, O. Jupp, Y. Bao, A. J. MacGregor, S. T. Donell, A. Cassidy, and I. M. Clark, “Can sulforaphane prevent the onset or slow the progression of osteoarthritis?,” Nutrition Bulletin, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 175–179, 2016.
- Clémence Palazzo, Christelle Nguyen, Marie-Martine Lefevre-Colau, François Rannou, and Serge Poiraudeau, “Risk factors and burden of osteoarthritis,” Annals of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, 2016.
- Enrica Papi, Ged M. Murtagh, and Alison H. McGregor, “Wearable technologies in osteoarthritis: a qualitative study of clinicians' preferences,” Bmj Open, vol. 6, no. 1, 2016.