- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 764621, 14 pages
A Review of Translational Animal Models for Knee Osteoarthritis
1School of Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
2Missouri Orthopaedic Institute, 1100 Virginia Avenue, DC 953.00, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
3Comparative Orthopaedic Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
Received 10 August 2012; Revised 8 November 2012; Accepted 26 November 2012
Academic Editor: Paola Migliorini
Copyright © 2012 Martin H. Gregory et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Margaret J. Piel, Jeffrey S. Kroin, Andre J. van Wijnen, Ranjan Kc, and Hee-Jeong Im, “Pain assessment in animal models of osteoarthritis,” Gene, 2013.
- Maxim Moreau, Jean-Pierre Pelletier, Bertrand Lussier, Marc-André d’Anjou, Laurent Blond, Johanne-Martel Pelletier, Jérôme R. E. del Castillo, and Eric Troncy, “A Posteriori Comparison of Natural and Surgical Destabilization Models of Canine Osteoarthritis,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Antonella Peruffo, and Bruno Cozzi, “Bovine Brain: An in vitro Translational Model in Developmental Neuroscience and Neurodegenerative Research,” Frontiers in Pediatrics, vol. 2, 2014.
- Anu K. Suokas, Devi Rani Sagar, Paul I. Mapp, Victoria Chapman, and David A. Walsh, “Design, study quality and evidence of analgesic efficacy in studies of drugs in models of OA pain: a systematic review and a meta-analysis,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2014.
- James L. Cook, Aaron M. Stoker, James P. Stannard, Keiichi Kuroki, Cristi R. Cook, Ferris M. Pfeiffer, Chantelle Bozynski, and Clark T. Hung, “A Novel System Improves Preservation of Osteochondral Allografts,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2014.
- Xiang Hu, Qian Wang, Yang Liu, Hongguang Liu, Chunxia Qin, Kai Cheng, William Robinson, Brian D. Gray, Koon Y. Pak, Aixi Yu, and Zhen Cheng, “Optical imaging of articular cartilage degeneration using near-infrared dipicolylamine probes,” Biomaterials, 2014.
- Elsa Mével, Laurent-Emmanuel Monfoulet, Christophe Merceron, Véronique Coxam, Yohann Wittrant, Laurent Beck, and Jérôme Guicheux, “Nutraceuticals in joint health: animal models as instrumental tools,” Drug Discovery Today, 2014.
- Niels Schlichting, Tilo Dehne, Karsten Mans, Michaela Endres, Bruno Stuhlmüller, Michael Sittinger, Christian Kaps, and Jochen Ringe, “Suitability of Porcine Chondrocyte Micromass Culture To Model Osteoarthritis in Vitro,” Molecular Pharmaceutics, pp. 140327075051007, 2014.