- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 764621, 14 pages
A Review of Translational Animal Models for Knee Osteoarthritis
1School of Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
2Missouri Orthopaedic Institute, 1100 Virginia Avenue, DC 953.00, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
3Comparative Orthopaedic Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
Received 10 August 2012; Revised 8 November 2012; Accepted 26 November 2012
Academic Editor: Paola Migliorini
Copyright © 2012 Martin H. Gregory et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Margaret J. Piel, Jeffrey S. Kroin, Andre J. van Wijnen, Ranjan Kc, and Hee-Jeong Im, “Pain assessment in animal models of osteoarthritis,” Gene, 2013.
- Maxim Moreau, Jean-Pierre Pelletier, Bertrand Lussier, Marc-André d’Anjou, Laurent Blond, Johanne-Martel Pelletier, Jérôme R. E. del Castillo, and Eric Troncy, “A Posteriori Comparison of Natural and Surgical Destabilization Models of Canine Osteoarthritis,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Gary Entrican, Sean R. Wattegedera, and David J. Griffiths, “Exploiting ovine immunology to improve the relevance of biomedical models,” Molecular Immunology, 2014.
- Jason A. Miranda, Phil Stanley, Katrina Gore, Jamie Turner, Rebecca Dias, and Huw Rees, “A Preclinical Physiological Assay to Test Modulation of Knee Joint Pain in the Spinal Cord: Effects of Oxycodone and Naproxen,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 8, 2014.
- Antonella Peruffo, and Bruno Cozzi, “Bovine Brain: An in vitro Translational Model in Developmental Neuroscience and Neurodegenerative Research,” Frontiers in Pediatrics, vol. 2, 2014.
- Anu K. Suokas, Devi Rani Sagar, Paul I. Mapp, Victoria Chapman, and David A. Walsh, “Design, study quality and evidence of analgesic efficacy in studies of drugs in models of OA pain: a systematic review and a meta-analysis,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2014.
- James L. Cook, Aaron M. Stoker, James P. Stannard, Keiichi Kuroki, Cristi R. Cook, Ferris M. Pfeiffer, Chantelle Bozynski, and Clark T. Hung, “A Novel System Improves Preservation of Osteochondral Allografts,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2014.
- Xiang Hu, Qian Wang, Yang Liu, Hongguang Liu, Chunxia Qin, Kai Cheng, William Robinson, Brian D. Gray, Koon Y. Pak, Aixi Yu, and Zhen Cheng, “Optical imaging of articular cartilage degeneration using near-infrared dipicolylamine probes,” Biomaterials, 2014.
- Elsa Mével, Laurent-Emmanuel Monfoulet, Christophe Merceron, Véronique Coxam, Yohann Wittrant, Laurent Beck, and Jérôme Guicheux, “Nutraceuticals in joint health: animal models as instrumental tools,” Drug Discovery Today, 2014.
- J. L. Cook, C. T. Hung, K. Kuroki, A. M. Stoker, C. R. Cook, F. M. Pfeiffer, S. L. Sherman, and J. P. Stannard, “Animal models of cartilage repair,” Bone & Joint Research, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 89–94, 2014.
- Niels Schlichting, Tilo Dehne, Karsten Mans, Michaela Endres, Bruno Stuhlmüller, Michael Sittinger, Christian Kaps, and Jochen Ringe, “Suitability of Porcine Chondrocyte Micromass Culture To Model Osteoarthritis in Vitro,” Molecular Pharmaceutics, pp. 140327075051007, 2014.
- Leen Bussche, and Gerlinde R. Van de Walle, “Peripheral Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Promote Angiogenesis via Paracrine Stimulation of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Secretion in t,” Stem Cells Translational Medicine, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 1514–1525, 2014.
- Derrick M. Knapik, Ryan K. Harrison, Robert A. Siston, Sudha Agarwal, and David C. Flanigan, “Impact of lesion location on the progression of osteoarthritis in a rat knee model,” Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 2014.
- Cedo M. Bagi, David E. Zakur, Edwin Berryman, Catharine J. Andresen, and Dean Wilkie, “Correlation between μCT imaging, histology and functional capacity of the osteoarthritic knee in the rat model of osteoarthritis,” Journal of Translational Medicine, vol. 13, no. 1, 2015.
- Christopher R. Byron, “Specialty Grand Challenge in Veterinary Surgery and Anesthesiology,” Frontiers in Veterinary Science, vol. 2, 2015.
- Raymundo Cruz, Carmen Ramírez, Oscar I. Rojas, Oscar Casas-Mejía, Juan B. Kouri, and Marco A. Vega-López, “Menisectomized miniature Vietnamese pigs develop articular cartilage pathology resembling osteoarthritis,” Pathology - Research and Practice, 2015.
- Audrey Petit, Everaldo M. Redout, Chris H. van de Lest, Janny C. de Grauw, Benno Müller, Ronald Meyboom, Paul van Midwoud, Tina Vermonden, Wim E. Hennink, and P. René van Weeren, “Sustained intra-articular release of celecoxib from in situ forming gels made of acetyl-capped PCLA-PEG-PCLA triblock copolymers in horses,” Biomaterials, vol. 53, pp. 426–436, 2015.
- Ambika G. Bajpayee, Maximiliano Scheu, Alan J. Grodzinsky, and Ryan M. Porter, “A rabbit model demonstrates the influence of cartilage thickness on intra-articular drug delivery and retention within cartilage,” Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 2015.