- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 256493, 2 pages
Rheumatoid Arthritis in Minorities
1Center for Autoimmune Diseases Research (CREA), School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universidad del Rosario,
Carrera 24 No. 63-C-69, 11001000 Bogotá, Colombia
2Rheumatology Unit, Riesgo de Fractura S. A.-CAYRE I.P.S., 11001000 Bogotá, Colombia
3Rheumatic and Autoimmune Diseases Unit (UNERA), Mount Sinai Hospital, Miguel Cordero 6-111 y Avenida Solano, EC010150 Cuenca, Ecuador
Received 15 April 2013; Accepted 15 April 2013
Copyright © 2013 Juan-Manuel Anaya et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. González Burchard, L. N. Borrell, S. Choudhry et al., “Latino populations: a unique opportunity for the study of race, genetics, and social environment in epidemiological research,” American Journal of Public Health, vol. 95, no. 12, pp. 2161–2168, 2005.
- D. Reich, N. Patterson, D. Campbell, A. Tandon, S. Mazieres, N. Ray, et al., “Reconstructing Native American population history,” Nature, vol. 488, no. 7411, pp. 370–374, 2012.
- M. Sans, “Admixture studies in Latin America: from the 20th to the 21st century,” Human Biology, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 155–177, 2000.
- W. Rojas, M. V. Parra, O. Campo et al., “Genetic make up and structure of Colombian populations by means of uniparental and biparental DNA markers,” American Journal of Physical Anthropology, vol. 143, no. 1, pp. 13–20, 2010.
- J. R. Feagin and C. B. Feagin, Racial and Ethnic Relations, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2012.
- S. M. Barreto, J. J. Miranda, J. P. Figueroa, M. I. Schmidt, S. Munoz, P. P. Kuri-Morales, et al., “Epidemiology in Latin America and the Caribbean: current situation and challenges,” International Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 557–571, 2012.
- E. Lora, “Health perceptions in Latin America,” Health Policy and Planning, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 555–569, 2012.
- D. D. Campbell, M. V. Parra, C. Duque, N. Gallego, L. Franco, A. Tandon, et al., “Amerind ancestry, socioeconomic status and the genetics of type 2 diabetes in a Colombian population,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 4, Article ID e33570, 2012.
- M. D. Mezey, The Encyclopedia of Elder Care, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- M. H. Cardiel, “Present and future of rheumatic diseases in Latin America. Are we prepared to face them?” Reumatología Clínica, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 279–280, 2011.
- S. Huggett, “The rise of Latin American science,” Research Trends, no. 31, 2012, http://www.researchtrends.com/issue-31-november-2012/the-rise-of-latin-american-science/.
- G. García Marquez, “The Solitude of Latin America”, Nobel Lecture, December 1982, http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/1982/marquez-lecture.html.