- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 473259, 6 pages
Primary and Posttraumatic Arthritis of the Elbow
Section of Hand and Elbow Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Rush University Medical Center, 1611 W. Harrison Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Received 2 January 2013; Revised 31 March 2013; Accepted 8 April 2013
Academic Editor: Changhai Ding
Copyright © 2013 Debdut Biswas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. V. Cheung, R. Adams, and B. F. Morrey, “Primary osteoarthritis of the elbow: current treatment options,” Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 77–87, 2008.
- R. A. Gallo, A. Payatakes, and D. G. Sotereanos, “Surgical Options for the Arthritic Elbow,” Journal of Hand Surgery, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 746–759, 2008.
- S. W. O'Driscoll, “Classification and evaluation of recurrent instability of the elbow,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 370, pp. 34–43, 2000.
- L. A. Rettig, H. Hastings, and J. R. Feinberg, “Primary osteoarthritis of the elbow: lack of radiographic evidence for morphologic predisposition, results of operative debridement at intermediate follow-up, and basis for a new radiographic classification system,” Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 97–105, 2008.
- R. W. van Brakel and D. Eygendaal, “Intra-articular injection of hyaluronic acid is not effective for the treatment of post-traumatic osteoarthritis of the elbow,” Arthroscopy, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 1199–1203, 2006.
- F. H. Savoie, P. D. Nunley, and L. D. Field, “Arthroscopic management of the arthritic elbow: indications, technique, and results,” Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 214–219, 1999.
- C. M. Ball, M. Meunier, L. M. Galatz, R. Calfee, and K. Yamaguchi, “Arthroscopic treatment of post-traumatic elbow contracture,” Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 624–629, 2002.
- D. Nguyen, S. I. W. Proper, J. C. MacDermid, G. J. W. King, and K. J. Faber, “Functional outcomes of arthroscopic capsular release of the elbow,” Arthroscopy, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 842–849, 2006.
- E. W. Kelly, R. Bryce, J. Coghlan, and S. Bell, “Arthroscopic debridement without radial head excision of the osteoarthritic elbow,” Arthroscopy, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 151–156, 2007.
- S. A. Antuña, B. F. Morrey, R. A. Adams, and S. W. O'Driscoll, “Ulnohumeral arthroplasty for primary degenerative arthritis of the elbow: long-term outcome and complications,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 84, no. 12, pp. 2168–2173, 2002.
- N. J. Phillips, A. Ali, and D. Stanley, “Treatment of primary degenerative arthritis of the elbow by ulnohumeral arthroplasty. A long-term follow-up,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 85, no. 3, pp. 347–350, 2003.
- J. B. Jupiter, S. W. O'Driscoll, and M. S. Cohen, “The assessment and management of the stiff elbow,” Instructional Course Lectures, vol. 52, pp. 93–111, 2003.
- A. N. Larson and B. F. Morrey, “Interposition arthroplasty with an achilles tendon allograft as a salvage procedure for the elbow,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 90, no. 12, pp. 2714–2723, 2008.
- C. P. Little, A. J. Graham, and A. J. Carr, “Total elbow arthroplasty: a systematic review of the literature in the English language until the end of 2003,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, vol. 87, no. 4, pp. 437–444, 2005.
- M. A. Broberg and B. F. Morrey, “Results of delayed excision of the radial head after fracture,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 669–674, 1986.
- R. E. McLaughlin, F. H. Savoie, L. D. Field, and J. R. Ramsey, “Arthroscopic treatment of the arthritic elbow due to primary radiocapitellar arthritis,” Arthroscopy, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 63–69, 2006.
- M. R. Zunkiewicz, J. S. Clemente, M. C. Miller, et al., “Radial head replacement with a bipolar system: a minimum 2-year follow-up,” Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 98–104, 2012.
- B. J. Shore, J. B. Mozzon, J. C. MacDermid, K. J. Faber, and G. J. W. King, “Chronic posttraumatic elbow disorders treated with metallic radial head arthroplasty,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 90, no. 2, pp. 271–280, 2008.