- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 504109, 4 pages
Application of a Simple In-House PCR-SSP Technique for HLA-B* 27 Typing in Spondyloarthritis Patients
1National Institute of Nutrition, ICMR, Jamai Osmania, Tarnaka, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
2Department of Medicine, King Edward Memorial Hospital Campus, Parel, Mumbai 400012, India
3National Institute of Immunohematology, 13th Floor, NMS Building, King Edward Memorial Hospital Campus, Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400012, India
Received 3 October 2013; Accepted 12 November 2013
Academic Editor: Ruben Burgos-Vargas
Copyright © 2013 Devraj J. Parasannanavar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Gonzalez-Roces, M. V. Alvarez, S. Gonzalez et al., “HLA-B27 polymorphism and worldwide susceptibility to ankylosing spondylitis,” Tissue Antigens, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 116–123, 1997.
- D. A. Brewerton, F. D. Hart, A. Nicholls, M. Caffrey, D. C. James, and R. D. Sturrock, “Ankylosing spondylitis and HL-A 27,” The Lancet, vol. 1, no. 7809, pp. 904–907, 1973.
- L. Schlosstein, P. I. Terasaki, R. Bluestone, and C. M. Pearson, “High association of an HL-A antigen, W27, with ankylosing spondylitis,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 288, no. 14, pp. 704–706, 1973.
- C. Lopez-Larrea, K. Sujirachato, N. K. Mehra et al., “HLA-B27 subtypes in Asian patients with ankylosing spondylitis. Evidence for new associations,” Tissue Antigens, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 169–176, 1995.
- S. R. Kankonkar, S. C. Raikar, S. V. Joshi, and S. J. Tijoriwala, “Association of HLA B27 antigen in Indian patients of ankylosing spondylitis and other autoimmune diseases,” Journal of Association of Physicians of India, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 345–350, 1998.
- U. Kanga, N. K. Mehra, C. L. Larrea, N. M. Lardy, A. Kumar, and T. E. W. Feltkamp, “Seronegative spondyloarthropathies and HLA-B27 subtypes: a study in Asian Indians,” Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 13–18, 1996.
- M. A. Khan, “HLA-B27 polymorphism and association with disease,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 1110–1114, 2000.
- A. Chopra, D. Raghunath, and A. Singh, “Spectrum of seronegative spondarthritides (SSA) with special reference to HLA profiles,” The Journal of the Association of Physicians of India, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 351–355, 1990.
- U. Shankarkumar, J. P. Devraj, K. Ghosh, and D. Mohanty, “Seronegative spondarthritis and human leucocyte antigen association,” British Journal of Biomedical Science, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 38–41, 2002.
- U. Shankarkumar, K. Ghosh, and D. Mohanty, “Novel HLA B*2714 and B*2708 allele associations in seronegative spondarthritis patients and haemophilia patients with chronic synovitis in India,” Tissue Antigens, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 175–178, 2003.
- R. Madhavan, M. Parthiban, C. Panchapakesa Rajendran, A. N. Chandrasekaran, L. Zake, and C. B. Sanjeevi, “HLA class I and class II association with ankylosing spondylitis in a southern Indian population,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 958, pp. 403–407, 2002.
- G. K. Sonkar and U. Usha, “Role of HLA B27 in diagnosis of seronegative spondyloarthropathies,” Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 908–913, 2007.
- G. K. Sonkar, U. Usha, and S. Singh, “Is HLA-B27 a useful test in the diagnosis of juvenile spondyloarthropathies?” Singapore Medical Journal, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 795–799, 2008.
- S. Singh, G. K. Sonkar, and U. Singh, “Association of various inflammatory diseases with human leukocyte antigens B27, B7, Bw4 and Bw6 in patients with SSA,” Rheumatology International, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 1013–1016, 2009.
- M. N. Mishra and V. Singal, “Human leukocyte antigen B27 in 453 Asian Indian patients with seronegative spondyloarthropathy,” Iranian Journal of Immunology, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 252–256, 2010.
- P. I. Terasaki and J. D. McClelland, “Microdroplet assay of human serum cytotoxins,” Nature, vol. 204, no. 4962, pp. 998–1000, 1964.
- R. Pei, M. Arjomand-Shamsai, C. T. Deng, A. Cesbron, J. D. Bignon, and J.-H. Lee, “A monospecific HLA-B27 fluorescein isothiocyanate-conjugated monoclonal antibody for rapid, simple and accurate HLA-B27 typing,” Tissue Antigens, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 200–203, 1993.
- J. Neumuller, D. W. Schwartz, E. Dauber, and W. R. Mayr, “Evaluation for four monoclonal antibodies against HLA-B27 for their reliability in HLA-B27 typing with flow cytometry (FC): comparision with the classic microlymphocytotoxic test (MLCT),” Cytometry, vol. 26, pp. 209–215, 1996.
- O. Dominguez, E. Coto, E. Martinez-Naves, S. Y. Choo, and C. Lopez-Larrea, “Molecular typing of HLA-B27 alleles,” Immunogenetics, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 277–282, 1992.
- O. Olerup, “HLA-B27 typing by a group-specific PCR amplification,” Tissue Antigens, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 253–256, 1994.
- T. Wagner, C. Oberkanins, B. Weinmayr, W. Helmberg, F. Kury, and G. Lanzer, “HLA-B*27 typing by group-specific hybridization in microtiter plates,” Tissue Antigens, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 175–178, 1998.
- J. Kirveskari, H. Kellner, M. Wuorela et al., “False-negative serological HLA-B27 typing results may be due to altered antigenic epitopes and can be detected by polymerase chain reaction,” British Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 185–189, 1997.
- S. van der Linden, H. A. Valkenburg, and A. Cats, “Evaluation of diagnostic criteria for ankylosing spondylitis. A proposal for modification of the New York criteria,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 361–368, 1984.
- M. Rudwaleit, D. van der Heijde, R. Landewé et al., “The Assessment of SpondyloArthritis international Society classification criteria for peripheral spondyloarthritis and for spondyloarthritis in general,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 25–31, 2011.
- B. Kulkarni, D. Mohanty, and K. Ghosh, “Frequency distribution of human platelet antigens in the Indian population,” Transfusion Medicine, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 119–124, 2005.
- O. Nathalang, S. Tantimavanich, K. Nillakupt, P. Arnutti, and C. Jaruchaimontree, “HLA-B27 testing in Thai patients using the PCR-SSP technique,” Tissue Antigens, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 233–236, 2006.
- M. Schaffer and O. Olerup, “HLA-AB typing by polymerase-chain reaction with sequence-specific primers: more accurate, less errors, and increased resolution compared to serological typing,” Tissue Antigens, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 299–307, 2001.