- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 517803, 2 pages
Comment on “The Effects of Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss on Knee Pain in Patients with Osteoarthritis of the Knee”
NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Received 27 March 2013; Accepted 9 April 2013
Copyright © 2013 Janice Lin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Edwards, A. Rogers, S. Lynch et al., “The effects of bariatric surgery weight loss on knee pain in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee,” Arthritis, vol. 2012, Article ID 504189, 7 pages, 2012.
- L. M. March and H. Bagga, “Epidemiology of osteoarthritis in Australia,” Medical Journal of Australia, vol. 180, no. 5, pp. S6–S10, 2004.
- M. Blagojevic, C. Jinks, A. Jeffery, and K. P. Jordan, “Risk factors for onset of osteoarthritis of the knee in older adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 24–33, 2010.
- J. Aaboe, H. Bliddal, S. P. Messier, T. Alkjær, and M. Henriksen, “Effects of an intensive weight loss program on knee joint loading in obese adults with knee osteoarthritis,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 822–828, 2011.
- H. K. Vincent, K. Heywood, J. Connelly, and R. W. Hurley, “Obesity and weight loss in the treatment and prevention of osteoarthritis,” The Journal of Injury, Function, and Rehabilitation, vol. 4, supplement 5, pp. S59–S67, 2012.
- “FDA expands use of banding system for weight loss,” 2011, http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm245617.
- C. Cobourn, M. A. Chapman, A. Ali, and J. Amrhein, “Five-year weight loss experience of outpatients receiving laparoscopic adjustable gastric band surgery,” Obesity Surgery, 2013.
- H. Buchwald, Y. Avidor, E. Braunwald et al., “Bariatric surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 292, no. 14, pp. 1724–1737, 2004.
- J. X. Liu, J. Samuels, S. B. Abramson, J. K. Saunders, and M. Parikh, “The effect of laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding on osteoarthritis and other obesity-related comorbidities,” Journal of Obesity & Weight Loss Therapy, vol. 2, no. 5, 2012.
- M. M. Hooper, T. A. Stellato, P. T. Hallowell, B. A. Seitz, and R. W. Moskowitz, “Musculoskeletal findings in obese subjects before and after weight loss following bariatric surgery,” International Journal of Obesity, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 114–120, 2007.
- H. K. Vincent, K. Ben-David, J. Cendan, K. R. Vincent, K. M. Lamb, and A. Stevenson, “Effects of bariatric surgery on joint pain: a review of emerging evidence,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 451–460, 2010.
- D. L. Riddle and P. W. Stratford, “Body weight changes and corresponding changes in pain and function in persons with symptomatic knee osteoarthritis: a cohort study,” Arthritis Care & Research, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 15–22, 2013.
- P. Richette, C. Poitou, P. Garnero et al., “Benefits of massive weight loss on symptoms, systemic inflammation and cartilage turnover in obese patients with knee osteoarthritis,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 139–144, 2011.