- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 659487, 7 pages
Diagnosis and Progression of Sacroiliitis in Repeated Sacroiliac Joint Computed Tomography
1Center for Medical Imaging and Physiology, Skåne University Hospital, Lund University, 221 85 Lund, Sweden
2Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Gothenburg, 413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
3Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Gothenburg, 431 30 Mölndal, Sweden
Received 30 June 2013; Accepted 31 July 2013
Academic Editor: Ruben Burgos-Vargas
Copyright © 2013 Mats Geijer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. H. Bennett and T. A. Burch, “New York symposium on population studies in the rheumatic diseases: new diagnostic criteria,” Bulletin on the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 17, pp. 453–458, 1967.
- S. van der Linden, H. A. Valkenburg, and A. Cats, “Evaluation of diagnostic criteria for ankylosing spondylitis. A proposal for modification of the New York criteria,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 361–368, 1984.
- B. Amor, M. Dougados, and M. Mijiyawa, “Classification criteria of spondylarthropathies,” Revue du Rhumatisme et des Maladies Osteo-Articulaires, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 85–89, 1990.
- M. Dougados, S. van der Linden, R. Juhlin et al., “The European Spondylarthropathy Study Group preliminary criteria for the classification of spondylarthropathy,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 1218–1227, 1991.
- M. Rudwaleit, D. van der Heijde, R. Landewé et al., “The development of Assessment of SpondyloArthritis international Society classification criteria for axial spondyloarthritis (part II): validation and final selection,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 68, no. 6, pp. 777–783, 2009.
- M. Geijer, G. G. Göthlin, and J. H. Göthlin, “The clinical utility of computed tomography compared to conventional radiography in diagnosing sacroiliitis. A retrospective study on 910 patients and literature review,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 1561–1565, 2007.
- E. Feldtkeller, M. A. Khan, D. van der Heijde, S. van der Linden, and J. Braun, “Age at disease onset and diagnosis delay in HLA-B27 negative vs. positive patients with ankylosing spondylitis,” Rheumatology International, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 61–66, 2003.
- W. Mau, H. Zeidler, R. Mau et al., “Clinical features and prognosis of patients with possible ankylosing spondylitis. Results of a 10-year follow-up,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 1109–1114, 1988.
- F. O'Shea, D. Salonen, and R. Inman, “The challenge of early diagnosis in ankylosing spondylitis,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 5–7, 2007.
- K. B. Puhakka, A. G. Jurik, B. Schiøttz-Christensen et al., “MRI abnormalities of sacroiliac joints in early spondylarthropathy: a 1-year follow-up study,” Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 332–338, 2004.
- M. Geijer, G. Gadeholt Göthlin, and J. H. Göthlin, “Observer variation in computed tomography of the sacroiliac joints: a retrospective analysis of 1383 cases,” Acta Radiologica, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 665–671, 2007.
- M. Cammisa, M. Lomuto, and M. G. Bonetti, “Sacroiliitis in seronegative polyarthritis: CT analysis,” Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 105–107, 1987.
- H. E. Fewins, G. H. Whitehouse, and R. C. Bucknall, “Role of computed tomography in the evaluation of suspected sacroiliac joint disease,” Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, vol. 83, no. 7, pp. 430–432, 1990.
- M. Geijer, G. Gadeholt Göthlin, and J. H. Göthlin, “The validity of the New York radiological grading criteria in diagnosing sacroiliitis by computed tomography,” Acta Radiologica, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 664–673, 2009.
- M. Geijer, H. Sihlbom, J. H. Göthlin, and E. Nordborg, “The role of CT in the diagnosis of sacro-iliitis,” Acta Radiologica, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 265–268, 1998.
- P. Jeandel, P. Y. Chouc, J. F. Briant, et al., “Valeur et limites de la tomodensitométrie appliquée au diagnostic des sacro-iliites chez l'adulte jeune: étude de 200 dossiers,” Revue du Rhumatisme et des Maladies Ostéo-Articulaires, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 413–420, 1992.
- Y.-H. Lee, J. Y. Hwang, S. W. Lee, and J. Lee, “The clinical usefulness of multidetector computed tomography of the sacroiliac joint for evaluating spondyloarthropathies,” Korean Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 171–177, 2007.
- W. W. Scott Jr., E. K. Fishman, J. E. Kulhman et al., “Computed tomography evaluation of the sacroiliac joints in Crohn disease. Radiologic/clinical correlation,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 207–210, 1990.
- Y. H. Lee, Y. S. Hong, W. Park, et al., “Value of multidetector computed tomography for the radiologic grading of sacroiliitis in ankylosing spondylitis,” Rheumatology International, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 1005–1011, 2013.
- U. Weber, M. Østergaard, R. G. W. Lambert, and W. P. Maksymowych, “The impact of MRI on the clinical management of inflammatory arthritides,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 1153–1173, 2011.
- D. Poddubnyy, M. Rudwaleit, H. Haibel et al., “Rates and predictors of radiographic sacroiliitis progression over 2 years in patients with axial spondyloarthritis,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 70, no. 8, pp. 1369–1374, 2011.
- D. Poddubnyy and J. Sieper, “Radiographic progression in ankylosing spondylitis/axial spondyloarthritis: how fast and how clinically meaningful?” Current Opinion in Rheumatology, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 363–369, 2012.
- A. Calin, “Reactive arthritis and Reiter's syndrome—the clinical spectrum,” in The Spondylarthritides, A. Calin and J. D. Taurog, Eds., pp. 41–57, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 1998.
- M. Geijer, D. Dunker, D. Collin, and J. H. Göthlin, “Bone bruise, lipohemarthrosis, and joint effusion in CT of non-displaced hip fracture,” Acta Radiologica, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 197–202, 2012.
- G. Pache, B. Krauss, P. Strohm et al., “Dual-energy CT virtual noncalcium technique: detecting posttraumatic bone marrow lesions—feasibility study,” Radiology, vol. 256, no. 2, pp. 617–624, 2010.
- M. C. Wick, R. J. Weiss, W. Jaschke, and A. S. Klauser, “Erosions are the most relevant magnetic resonance imaging features in quantification of sacroiliac joints in ankylosing spondylitis,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 622–627, 2010.
- G. Slobodin, S. Croitoru, N. Starikov et al., “Incidental computed tomography sacroiliitis: clinical significance and inappropriateness of the New York radiological grading criteria for the diagnosis,” Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 425–428, 2012.
- G. S. Borlaza, R. Seigel, L. R. Kuhns, A. E. Good, R. Rapp, and W. Martel, “Computed tomography in the evaluation of sacroiliac arthritis,” Radiology, vol. 139, no. 2, pp. 437–440, 1981.
- G. F. Carrera, W. D. Foley, F. Kozin, L. Ryan, and T. L. Lawson, “CT of sacroiliitis,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 136, no. 1, pp. 41–46, 1981.
- A. G. Jurik, J. Hansen, and K. B. Puhakka, “Effective radiation dose from semicoronal CT of the sacroiliac joints in comparison with axial CT and conventional radiography,” European Radiology, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 2820–2825, 2002.
- D. van der Heijde, M. Boers, and M. Lassere, “Methodological issues in radiographic scoring methods in rheumatoid arthritis,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 726–730, 1999.
- A. Wanders, R. Landewé, A. Spoorenberg et al., “Scoring of radiographic progression in randomised clinical trials in ankylosing spondylitis: a preference for paired reading order,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 63, no. 12, pp. 1601–1604, 2004.
- K. Bruynesteyn, D. van der Heijde, M. Boers et al., “Detecting radiological changes in rheumatoid arthritis that are considered important by clinical experts: influence of reading with or without known sequence,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 2306–2312, 2002.