- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 762921, 4 pages
High Frequency of Fibromyalgia in Patients with Psoriatic Arthritis: A Pilot Study
MetroHealth Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 2500 MetroHealth Drive, Cleveland, OH 44109, USA
Received 23 July 2012; Revised 6 December 2012; Accepted 16 January 2013
Academic Editor: Jeffrey R. Lisse
Copyright © 2013 Marina N. Magrey et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. J. Bergman, “Social and economic impact of inflammatory arthritis,” Postgraduate Medicine, spec no., pp. 5–11, 2006.
- L. Neumann and D. Buskila, “Epidemiology of fibromyalgia,” Current Pain and Headache Reports, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 362–368, 2003.
- G. D. Middleton, J. E. McFarlin, and P. E. Lipsky, “The prevalence and clinical impact of fibromyalgia in systemic lupus erythematosus,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 1181–1188, 1994.
- A. Naranjo, S. Ojeda, F. Francisco, C. Erausquin, I. Rúa-Figueroa, and C. Rodríguez-Lozano, “Fibromyalgia in patients with rheumatoid arthritis is associated with higher scores of disability,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 660–661, 2002.
- F. Atzeni, M. Cazzola, M. Benucci, M. Di Franco, F. Salaffi, and P. Sarzi-Puttini, “Chronic widespread pain in the spectrum of rheumatological diseases,” Best Practice & Research Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 165–171, 2011.
- R. A. Hajj-Ali, W. S. Wilke, L. H. Calabrese et al., “Pilot study to assess the frequency of fibromyalgia, depression, and sleep disorders in patients with granulomatosis with polyangiitis (wegener's),” Arthritis Care and Research, vol. 63, no. 6, pp. 827–833, 2011.
- D. J. Clauw and L. J. Crofford, “Chronic widespread pain and fibromyalgia: what we know, and what we need to know,” Best Practice & Research Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 685–701, 2003.
- L. A. Bradley, “Pathophysiology of Fibromyalgia,” American Journal of Medicine, vol. 122, no. 12, pp. S22–S30, 2009.
- Y. Kawasaki, L. Zhang, J. K. Cheng, and R. R. Ji, “Cytokine mechanisms of central sensitization: distinct and overlapping role of interleukin-1β, interleukin-6, and tumor necrosis factor-α in regulating synaptic and neuronal activity in the superficial spinal cord,” Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 28, no. 20, pp. 5189–5194, 2008.
- J. J. Inglis, C. A. Notley, D. Essex et al., “Collagen-induced arthritis as a model of hyperalgesia: functional and cellular analysis of the analgesic actions of tumor necrosis factor blockade,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 56, no. 12, pp. 4015–4023, 2007.
- Y. C. Lee, B. Lu, G. Boire et al., “Incidence and predictors of secondary fibromyalgia in an early arthritis cohort,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. In press.
- K. P. White, M. Harth, M. Speechley, and T. ØStbye, “Testing an instrument to screen for fibromyalgia syndrome in general population studies: the london fibromyalgia epidemiology study screening questionnaire,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 880–884, 1999.
- F. Wolfe, “Pain extent and diagnosis: development and validation of the regional pain scale in 12,799 patients with rheumatic disease,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 369–378, 2003.
- R. S. Katz, F. Wolfe, and K. Michaud, “Fibromyalgia diagnosis: a comparison of clinical, survey, and American College of Rheumatology criteria,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 169–176, 2006.
- F. Wolfe, D. J. Clauw, M. A. Fitzcharles et al., “The American College of Rheumatology preliminary diagnostic criteria for fibromyalgia and measurement of symptom severity,” Arthritis Care and Research, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 600–610, 2010.
- F. Wolfe, H. A. Smythe, M. B. Yunus et al., “The American College of Rheumatology 1990. Criteria for the classification of fibromyalgia. Report of the Multicenter Criteria Committee,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 160–172, 1990.
- F. Wolfe and J. J. Rasker, “The symptom intensity scale, fibromyalgia, and the meaning of fibromyalgia-like symptoms,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 2291–2299, 2006.
- W. Taylor, D. Gladman, P. Helliwell, A. Marchesoni, P. Mease, and H. Mielants, “Classification criteria for psoriatic arthritis: development of new criteria from a large international study,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 2665–2673, 2006.
- D. Buskila, P. Langevitz, D. D. Gladman, S. Urowitz, and H. A. Smythe, “Patients with rheumatoid arthritis are more tender than those with psoriatic arthritis,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 1115–1119, 1992.
- A. Marchesoni, F. Atzeni, A. Spadaro et al., “Identification of the clinical features distinguishing psoriatic arthritis and fibromyalgia,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 849–855, 2012.
- K. P. White, M. Speechley, M. Harth, and T. ØStbye, “The London fibromyalgia epidemiology study: the prevalence of fibromyalgia syndrome in London, Ontario,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 1570–1576, 1999.
- F. Wolfe, “The epidemiology of fibromyalgia,” Journal of Musculoskeletal Pain, vol. 1, no. 3-4, pp. 137–148, 1993.
- F. Wolfe, K. Ross, J. Anderson, I. J. Russell, and L. Hebert, “The prevalence and characteristics of fibromyalgia in the general population,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 19–28, 1995.
- F. Wolfe, D. J. Hawley, and K. Wilson, “The prevalence and meaning of fatigue in rheumatic disease,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 1407–1417, 1996.
- J. A. Husted, B. D. M. Tom, V. T. Farewell, and D. D. Gladman, “Longitudinal analysis of fatigue in psoriatic arthritis,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 1878–1884, 2010.
- D. J. Clauw, “Fibromyalgia: an overview,” The American Journal of Medicine, vol. 122, no. 12, pp. S3–S13, 2009.
- W. S. Wilke, “New developments in the diagnosis of fibromyalgia syndrome: say goodbye to tender points?” Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine, vol. 76, no. 6, pp. 345–352, 2009.