- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 957480, 5 pages
Capillaroscopy in Psoriatic and Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Useful Tool for Differential Diagnosis
1Centre for the Study and Treatment of Psoriasis, Department of Clinical Dermatology, San Gallicano Dermatological Institute (IRCCS), Rome, Italy
2Rheumatology, Allergology and Clinical Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
3San Gallicano Dermatological Institute, Rome, Italy
Received 27 June 2013; Accepted 17 November 2013
Academic Editor: Burkhard Leeb
Copyright © 2013 Dario Graceffa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Christophers, “Psoriasis-epidemiology and clinical spectrum,” Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 314–320, 2001.
- D. Kane, L. Stafford, B. Bresniham, and O. FitzGerard, “A prospective, clinical and radiological study of early psoriatic arthritis: an early synovitis clinic experience,” Rheumatology, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 1460–1468, 2003.
- G. Girolomoni and P. Gisondi, “Psoriasis and systemic inflammation: underdiagnosed enthesopathy,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 23, supplement 1, pp. 3–8, 2009.
- P. J. Mease, C. E. Antoni, D. D. Gladman, and W. J. Taylor, “Psoriatic arthritis assessment tools in clinical trials,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 64, supplement 2, pp. ii49–ii54, 2005.
- C. Alessandri, R. Priori, M. Modesti, R. Mancini, and G. Valesini, “The role of anti-cyclic cytrullinate antibodies testing in rheumatoid arthritis,” Clinical Reviews in Allergy and Immunology, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 45–49, 2008.
- M. Bhushan, T. Moore, A. L. Herrick, and C. E. M. Griffiths, “Nailfold video capillaroscopy in psoriasis,” The British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 142, no. 6, pp. 1171–1176, 2000.
- E. Hachulla, M. Perez-Cousin, R. M. Flipo et al., “Increased capillary permeability in systemic rheumatoid vasculitis: detection by dynamic fluorescence nailfold videomicroscopy,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 1197–1202, 1994.
- D. Zaric, A. M. Worm, D. Stahl, and O. J. Clemmensen, “Capillary microscopy of the nailfold in psoriatic and rheumatoid arthritis,” Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 249–252, 1981.
- C. Cervini and W. Grassi, “Periungual capillary microscopy in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis,” Zeitschrift fur Rheumatologie, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 311–313, 1984.
- W. Grassi, P. Core, G. Carlino, and C. Cervini, “Nailfold capillary permeability in psoriatic arthritis,” Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 226–230, 1992.
- M. Cutolo, C. Pizzorni, and A. Sulli, “Capillaroscopy,” Best Practice and Research: Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 437–452, 2005.
- S. N. Lambova and U. Müller-Ladner, “Capillaroscopic pattern in inflammatory arthritis,” Microvascular Research, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 318–322, 2012.
- W. Taylor, D. Gladman, P. Helliwell, A. Marchesoni, P. Mease, and H. Mielants, “Classification criteria for psoriatic arthritis: development of new criteria from a large international study,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 2665–2673, 2006.
- D. J. McShane, J. F. Fries, N. S. Cooper et al., “The American rheumatism association 1987 revised criteria for the classification of rheumatoid arthritis,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 315–324, 1988.
- D. Veale, S. Rogers, and O. Fitzgerald, “Immunolocalization of adhesion molecules in psoriatic arthritis, psoriatic and normal skin,” The British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 132, no. 1, pp. 32–38, 1995.
- H. B. Schonthaler, R. Huggenberger, S. K. Wculek, M. Detmar, and E. F. Wagner, “Systemic anti-VEGF treatment strongly reduces skin inflammation in a mouse model of psoriasis,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 106, no. 50, pp. 21264–21269, 2009.
- D. Graceffa, E. Maiani, A. Pace et al., “Psoriatic arthritis during treatment with bevacizumab for anaplastic oligodendroglioma,” Case Reports in Rheumatology, vol. 2012, Article ID 208606, 3 pages, 2012.
- P. Cordiali-Fei, E. Trento, G. D'Agosto et al., “Effective therapy with anti-TNF-α in patients with psoriatic arthritis is associated with decreased levels of metalloproteinases and angiogenic cytokines in the sera and skin lesions,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 1110, pp. 578–589, 2007.
- A. Kuryliszyn-Moskal, “Cytokines and soluble CD4 and CD8 molecules in rheumatoid arthritis: relationship to systematic vasculitis and microvascular capillaroscopic abnormalities,” Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 489–495, 1998.
- M. F. Meyer, O. Schmidt, B. Hellmich, H. Schatz, H. H. Klein, and J. Braun, “Microvascular dysfunction in rheumatoid arthritis assessed by laser Doppler anemometry: relationship to soluble adhesion molecules and extraarticular manifestations,” Rheumatology International, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 145–152, 2007.
- P. Rosina, A. Giovannini, P. Gisondi, and G. Girolomoni, “Microcirculatory modifications of psoriatic lesions during topical therapy,” Skin Research and Technology, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 135–138, 2009.