- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 121069, 5 pages
A Technique of Predicting Radiographic Joint Line and Posterior Femoral Condylar Offset of the Knee
Department of Orthopaedics and Trauma, The Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Little France, Edinburgh EH16 4SA, UK
Received 22 April 2013; Revised 11 December 2013; Accepted 27 December 2013; Published 11 February 2014
Academic Editor: Charles J. Malemud
Copyright © 2014 Nicholas D. Clement et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. J. Culliford, J. Maskell, D. J. Beard, D. W. Murray, A. J. Price, and N. K. Arden, “Temporal trends in hip and knee replacement in the United Kingdom: 1991 to 2006,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 130–135, 2010.
- NHS Scotland, “Scottish Arthroplasty Annual Report 2010,” 2010, http://www.arthro.scot.nhs.uk/Reports/Scottish_Arthroplasty_Project_Report_2010.pdf.
- R. J. Friedman and R. Poss, “Revision total knee arthroplasty in patients with osteoarthritis,” Rheumatic Disease Clinics of North America, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 537–544, 1988.
- S. Babazadeh, M. M. Dowsey, J. D. Swan, J. D. Stoney, and P. F. M. Choong, “Joint line position correlates with function after primary total knee replacement: a randomised controlled trial comparing conventional and computer-assisted surgery,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 93, no. 9, pp. 1223–1231, 2011.
- A. J. Porteous, M. A. Hassaballa, and J. H. Newman, “Does the joint line matter in revision total knee replacement?” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 90, no. 7, pp. 879–884, 2008.
- C. König, A. Sharenkov, G. Matziolis et al., “Joint line elevation in revision TKA leads to increased patellofemoral contact forces,” Journal of Orthopaedic Research, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 2010.
- P. F. Partington, J. Sawhney, C. H. Rorabeck, R. L. Barrack, and J. Moore, “Joint line restoration after revision total knee arthroplasty,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 367, pp. 165–171, 1999.
- D. P. Hoeffel and H. E. Rubash, “Revision total knee arthroplasty: current rationale and techniques for femoral component revision,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 380, pp. 116–132, 2000.
- J. Bellemans, S. Banks, J. Victor, H. Vandenneucker, and A. Moemans, “Fluoroscopic analysis of the kinematics of deep flexion in total knee arthroplasty. Influence of posterior condylar offset,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 50–53, 2002.
- A. Malviya, E. A. Lingard, D. J. Weir, and D. J. Deehan, “Predicting range of movement after knee replacement: the importance of posterior condylar offset and tibial slope,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 491–498, 2009.
- P. Massin and A. Gournay, “Optimization of the posterior condylar offset, tibial slope, and condylar roll-back in total knee arthroplasty,” Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 889–896, 2006.
- J. Bellemans, “Restoring the joint line in revision TKA: does it matter?” Knee, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 3–5, 2004.
- P. Johal, M. A. Hassaballa, J. D. Eldridge, and A. J. Porteous, “The posterior condylar offset ratio,” Knee, vol. 19, pp. 843–845, 2012.
- J. J. Bartko, “The intraclass correlation coefficient as a measure of reliability,” Psychological Reports, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 3–11, 1966.
- W. Wang, T. Y. Tsai, B. Yue, Y. M. Kwon, and G. Li, “Posterior femoral condylar offsets of a Chinese population,” Knee, 2013.
- S. L. Tan and R. A. Lewis, “Picture archiving and communication systems: a multicentre survey of users experience and satisfaction,” European Journal of Radiology, vol. 75, no. 3, pp. 406–410, 2010.
- J. H. Phillips, A. E. Albregts, T. F. Kling Jr., and M. J. Cohen, “Digital radiography in pediatric orthopaedics: a prospective, controlled, and randomized trial,” Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 377–380, 1994.
- A. A. Hofmann, S. M. Kurtin, S. Lyons, A. M. Tanner, and M. P. Bolognesi, “Clinical and radiographic analysis of accurate restoration of the joint line in revision total knee arthroplasty,” Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 1154–1162, 2006.
- R. S. Laskin, “Joint line position restoration during revision total knee replacement,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 404, pp. 169–171, 2002.
- O. M. Mahoney and T. L. Kinsey, “Modular femoral offset stems facilitate joint line restoration in revision knee arthroplasty,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 446, pp. 93–98, 2006.
- J. M. Brilhault and M. D. Ries, “Influence of offset stem couplers in femoral revision knee arthroplasty: a radiographic study,” Knee, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 112–115, 2012.