- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Software Engineering
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 649563, 11 pages
Dynamic Context-Aware and Limited Resources-Aware Service Adaptation for Pervasive Computing
1LATIS Laboratory, École de Technologie Supérieure, Université du Québec, 1100, Rue Notre-Dame Ouest, Montréal, QC, Canada H3C 1K3
2LSFM Laboratory, Université Laval, 2325, Rue de l'Université, Québec city, QC, Canada G1V 0A6
3REGIM Laboratory, École Nationale d'Ingénieurs de Sfax, Université de Sfax, Route de Soukra, B.P. W, 3038 Sfax, Tunisia
Received 25 August 2011; Accepted 15 November 2011
Academic Editor: Letha Hughes Etzkorn
Copyright © 2011 Moeiz Miraoui et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Miraoui and C. Tadj, “A service oriented definition of context for pervasive computing,” in Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Computing, IEEE Computer Society Press, Mexico City, Mexico, November 2007.
- K. Jensen, L. M. Kristensen, and L. Wells, “Coloured petri nets and CPN Tools for modelling and validation of concurrent systems,” International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer, vol. 9, no. 3-4, pp. 213–254, 2007.
- Home page of CPN Tools, http://wiki.daimi.au.dk/cpntools/cpntools.wiki.
- M. Aksit and Z. Choukair, “Dynamic, adaptive and reconfigurable systems overview and prospective vision,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems Workshops (ICDCSW '03), pp. 84–92, Providence, RI, USA, 2003.
- J. Keeney and V. Cahill, “Chisel: a policy-driven, context-aware, dynamic adaptation framework,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Policies for Distributed Systems and Networks, pp. 3–13, IEEE, Lake Como, Italy, 2003.
- M. T. Segara and F. André, “A framework for dynamic adaptation in wireless environments,” in Proceedings of the Technology of Object Oriented Languages and Systems (TOOLS 33), St. Malo, France, 2000.
- D. Narayanan, J. Flinn, and M. Satyanarayanan, “Using history to improve mobile application adaptation,” in Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, Monterey, Calif, USA, 2000.
- C. Efstratiou, K. Cheverst, N. Davies, and A. Friday, “An architecture for the effective support of adaptive context-aware applications,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM '01), pp. 15–26, Hong Kong, 2001.
- M. Fayad and M. P. Cline, “Aspects of software adaptability,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 58–59, 1996.
- G. South, A. P. Lenaghan, and R. R. Malyan, “Using reflection for service adaptation in mobile clients (t4),” Tech. Rep., Kingston University, UK, 2000.
- M. Yarvis, P. Reiher, and G. J. Popek, “Conductor: a framework for distributed adaptation,” in Proceedings of the 7th Workshop on Hot Topics in Operating Systems (HotOS-VII), pp. 44–49, March 1999.
- M. Autili, V. Cortellessa, A. di Marco, and P. Inverardi, “A conceptual model for adaptable context-aware services,” in Proceedings of the Web Services Modeling and Testing (WS-MaTe '06), Palermo, Sicily, Italy, June 2006.
- M. Kirsch-Pinheiro, Y. Vanrompay, and Y. Berbers, “Context-aware service selection using graph matching,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Non Functional Properties and Service Level Agreements in Service Oriented Computing Workshop (NFPSLA-SOC '08), Dublin, Ireland, November 2008, at ECOWS 2008.
- K. Dey, “Understanding and using context,” Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, vol. 5, pp. 4–7, 2001.
- Y. Yang, F. Mahon, M. H. Williams, and T. Pfeifer, “Context-aware dynamic personalised service re-composition in a pervasive service environment,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing (UIC '06), pp. 724–735, Wuhan, China, September 2006.
- J. Cao, N. Xing, A. T. S. Chan, Y. Feng, and B. Jin, “Service adaptation using fuzzy theory in context-aware mobile computing middleware,” in Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA '05), pp. 496–501, Hong Kong, August 2005.
- J. Choi, Y. Cho, K. Shin, and J. Choi, “A context-aware workflow system for dynamic service adaptation,” in Proceedings of the International Conference Computational Science and its Applications (ICCSA '07), pp. 335–345, 2007.
- N. Houssos, S. Pantazis, and A. Alonistioti, “Generic adaptation mechanism for the support of context-aware service provision in 3G networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Wireless Communication Networks (MWCN '02), Stockholm, Sweden, September 2002.
- R. Hirschfeld and K. Kawamura, “Dynamic service adaptation,” in Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems Workshops (ICDCSW '04), vol. 2, pp. 290–297, 2004.
- M. Miraoui, C. Tadj, and C. B. Amar, “Dynamic context-aware service adaptation in a pervasive computing system,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Mobile Ubiquitous Computing, Systems, Services, and Technologies (UBICOMM '09), pp. 77–82, October 2009.
- R. Hamadi and B. Benatallah, “A petri net-based model for web service composition,” in Proceedings of the 14th Australasian Database Conference, pp. 191–200, 2003.
- K. M. Hansen, W. Zhang, and M. Ingstrup, “Towards self-managed executable petri nets,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing Systems (SASO '08), pp. 287–296, October 2008.
- K. M. Hansen, W. Zhang, and G. Soares, “Ontology-enabled generation of embedded web services,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, Redwood City, San Francisco Bay, USA, July 2008.
- J. Kramer and J. Magee, “Self-managed systems: an architectural challenge,” in Proceedings of the Future of Software Engineering (FoSE '07), pp. 259–268, IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC, USA, 2007.
- G. Chen and D. Kotz, “A survey of context-aware mobile computing research,” Tech. Rep., Department of Computer Science, Dartmouth College, 2000.
- B. N. Schilit and M. M. Theimer, “Disseminating active map information to mobile hosts,” IEEE Network, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 22–32, 1994.
- P. J. Brown, J. D. Bovey, and X. Chen, “Context-aware applications: from the laboratory to the marketplace,” IEEE Personal Communications, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 58–64, 1997.
- B. Schilit, N. Adams, and R. Want, “Context-aware computing applications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, pp. 85–90, December 1994.