- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Software Engineering
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 869182, 13 pages
Towards Support for Software Model Checking: Improving the Efficiency of Formal Specifications
1Department of Electrical, Computer, Software, and Systems Engineering, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU), Daytona Beach, FL 32114, USA
2Department of Computer Science, University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP), El Paso, TX 79968, USA
Received 10 December 2010; Accepted 3 March 2011
Academic Editor: Phillip Laplante
Copyright © 2011 Salamah Salamah et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Manna and A. Pnueli, “An anchored version of the temporal framework,” in Proceedings of the REX Workshop, vol. 354 of LNCS, Springer, Mook, The Netherlands, May 1989.
- F. Laroussinie and PH. Schnoebelen, “Specification in CTL + past for verification in CTL,” Information and Computation, vol. 156, no. 1-2, pp. 236–263, 2000.
- E. M. Clarke, O. Grumberg, and D. A. Peled, Model Checking, MIT Publishers, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1999.
- G. J. Holzmann, The SPIN Model Checker: Primer and Reference Manual, Addison-Wesley Professional, Boston, Mass, USA, 2004.
- O. Mondragon, A. Q. Gates, and S. Roach, “Prospec: support for elicitation and formal specification of software properties,” in Proceedings of the Runtime Verification Workshop, O. Sokolsky and M. Viswanathan, Eds., vol. 89, ENTCS, Boulder, Colo, USA, July 2003.
- O. A. Mondragon and A. Q. Gates, “Supporting elicitation and specification of software properties through patterns and composite propositions,” International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 21–41, 2004.
- O. Mondragon, Elucidation and specification of software properties through patterns and composite propositions to support formal verification techniques, Ph.D. thesis, The University of Texas, El Paso, Tex, USA, 2004.
- M. B. Dwyer, G. S. Avrunin, and J. C. Corbett, “Property specification patterns for finite-state verification,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Formal Methods in Software Practice, pp. 7–15, Clearwater Beach, Fla, USA, March 1998.
- M. B. Dwyer, G. S. Avrunin, and J. C. Corbett, “Patterns in property specifications for finite state verification,” in Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Software Engineering, pp. 411–420, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, May 1999.
- D. Oddoux and P. Gastin, “Fast LTL to Büchi automata translation,” in Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Computer Aided Verification (CAV '01), Paris, France, July 2001.
- K. Etessami and G. Holzmann, “Optimizing büchi automata,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Concurrency Theory, August 2000.
- C. Fritz, “Constructing büchi automata from linear temporal logicusing simulation relations for alternating büchi automata,” in Proceedings of the Eighth Conference on Implementation and Application of Automata, Santa Barbara, Calif, USA, July 2003.
- Z. Manna and A. Pnueli, “Completing the temporal picture,” Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 97–130, 1991.
- A. Cimatti, E. M. Clarke, F. Giunchiglia, and M. Roveri, “NUSMV: a new symbolic model verifier,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Aided Verification (CAV '99), Trento, Italy, July 1999.
- K. Havelund and T. Pressburger, “Model checking Java programs using Java PathFinder,” In- ternational Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 366–381, 2000.
- V. Stolz and E. Bodden, “Temporal assertions using aspectJ,” in Proceedings of the Fifth Workshop on Runtime Verification, The University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, July 2005.
- E. Gamma and R. Helm, Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software, Addison-Wesley Professional, Boston, Mass, USA, 1995.
- “Spec patterns,” December 2010, http://patterns.projects.cis.ksu.edu/.
- S. Salamah, A. Gates, S. Roach, and O. Mondragon, “Verifying pattern-generated LTL formulas: a case study,” in Proceedings of the 12th International SPIN Workshop, pp. 200–220, San Francisco, Calif, USA, August 2005.
- “LTL2NBA,” March 2007, http://www.ti.informatik.uni-kiel.de/ABA-Simulation/ltl.cgi.
- O. Mondragon, A. Gates, and S. Roach, “Composite propositions:toward support for formal specification of system properties,” in Proceedings of the 27th Annual IEEE/NASA Goddard Software Engineering Workshop, Greenbelt, Md, USA, December 2002.