- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Software Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 235392, 17 pages
Assessing the Open Source Development Processes Using OMM
Center for Applied Software Engineering, Free University of Bozen/Bolzano, 39100 Bolzano/Bozen, Italy
Received 14 May 2012; Revised 2 August 2012; Accepted 6 August 2012
Academic Editor: Gerardo Canfora
Copyright © 2012 Etiel Petrinja and Giancarlo Succi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. S. Raymond, The Cathedral and the Bazaar: Musings on Linux and Open Source by an Accidental Revolutionary, O'Reilly & Associates, 2001.
- T. Dybå and T. Dingsøyr, “Empirical studies of agile software development: a systematic review,” Information and Software Technology, vol. 50, no. 9-10, pp. 833–859, 2008.
- A. Fuggetta, “Software process: a roadmap,” in Proceedings of the Conference on the Future of Software Engineering (ICSE '00), pp. 25–34, ACM, Limerick, Ireland, June 2000.
- Process Maturity Profile of the Software Community 1999 Year End Update, Software Engineering Institute, 2000.
- E. Petrinja, R. Nambakam, and A. Sillitti, “Introducing the opensource maturity model,” in Proceedings of the ICSE Workshop on Emerging Trends in Free/Libre/Open Source Software Research and Development (FLOSS '09) collocated with 31st International Conference on Software Engineering, pp. 37–41, Vancouver, Canada, May 2009.
- E. Petrinja, A. Sillitti, and G. Succi, “Comparing OpenBRR, QSOS, and OMM assessment models,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Open Source Systems (OSS '10), pp. 224–238, Notre Dame, Ind, USA, May 2010.
- Qualipso Consortium: QualiPSo—Quality Platform for Open Source Software, http://www.qualipso.org/index.php.
- E. Petrinja, A. Sillitti, and G. Succi, “Overview on trust in large FLOSS communities,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Open Source Systems (OSS '08), pp. 47–56, Milan, Italy, 2008.
- U. Raja and M. J. Tretter, “Defining and evaluating a measure of open source project survivability,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 163–174, 2012.
- M. Khalifa and J. M. Verner, “Drivers for software development method usage,” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 360–369, 2000.
- S. Matook and M. Indulska, “Improving the quality of process reference models: a quality function deployment-based approach,” Decision Support Systems, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 60–71, 2009.
- T. L. Roberts, M. L. Gibson, K. T. Fields, and R. Kelly Rainer, “Factors that impact implementing a system development methodology,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 640–649, 1998.
- C. G. Von Wangenheim, J. C. R. Hauck, A. Zoucas, C. F. Salviano, F. McCaffery, and F. Shull, “Creating software process capability/maturity models,” IEEE Software, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 92–94, 2010.
- S. C. Misra, V. Kumar, and U. Kumar, “Identifying some important success factors in adopting agile software development practices,” Journal of Systems and Software, vol. 82, no. 11, pp. 1869–1890, 2009.
- E. Yourdon, “Where’s the basis for year 2000 optimism?” Computerworld, vol. 32, no. 7, p. 68, 1998.
- M. Agrawal and K. Chari, “Software effort, quality, and cycle time: a study of CMM level 5 projects,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 145–156, 2007.
- M. Staples, M. Niazi, R. Jeffery, A. Abrahams, P. Byatt, and R. Murphy, “An exploratory study of why organizations do not adopt CMMI,” Journal of Systems and Software, vol. 80, no. 6, pp. 883–895, 2007.
- F. Guerrero and Y. Eterovic, “Adopting the SW-CMM in a small IT organization,” IEEE Software, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 29–35, 2004.
- A. Qumer and B. Henderson-Sellers, “A framework to support the evaluation, adoption and improvement of agile methods in practice,” Journal of Systems and Software, vol. 81, no. 11, pp. 1899–1919, 2008.
- M. C. Paulk, “Extreme programming from a CMM perspective,” IEEE Software, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 19–26, 2001.
- C. G. von Wangeheim, A. Anacleto, and C. F. Salviano, “Helping small companies assess software processes,” IEEE Software, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 91–98, 2006.
- T. Dybå, “Factors of software process improvement success in small and large organizations: An empirical study in the scandinavian context,” in Proceedings of the 9th European Software Engineering Conference Held Jointly with 11th ACM SIGSOFT International Symposium on Foundations of Software Engineering, pp. 148–157, ACM Press, September 2003.
- G. B. Dietrich, D. B. Walz, and J. L. Wynekoop, “The failure of SDT diffusion: a case for mass customization,” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 390–398, 1997.
- Navica Inc., The Open Source Maturity Model is a vital tool for planning open source success, http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/osmm.xml#body.1_div.2.
- Atos Origin, Method for Qualification and Selection of Open Source Software (QSOS), 2009, http://www.qsos.org/.
- A. Wasserman, M. Pal, and C. Chan, Business Readiness Rating Project, BRR Whitepaper 2005 RFC1, http://www.openbrr.org/.
- D. Taibi, L. Lavazza, and S. Morasca, OpenBQR: A Framework for the Assessment of OSS, Open Source Software 2007, Limerick, Ireland, 2007.
- D. Izquierdo-Cortazar, G. Robles, J. M. González-Barahona, and J.-C. Deprez, “Assessing FLOSS communities: an experience report from the QualOSS project,” Open Source Ecosystems: Diverse Communities Interacting, vol. 299, p. 364, 2009.
- I. Samoladas, G. Gousios, D. Spinellis, and I. Stamelos, “The SQO-OSS quality model: Measurement based open source software evaluation,” IFIP International Federation for Information Processing, vol. 275, pp. 237–248, 2008.
- J.-C. Deprez and S. Alexandre, Comparing Assessment Methodologies for Free/Open Source Software: OpenBRR and QSOS, Book chapter in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- V. R. Basili, “Software modelling and measurement: the Goal/Question/Metric paradigm,” Computer Science Technical Report Series CS-TR-2956 (UMIACS-TR-92-96), University of Maryland, College Park, Md, USA, 1992.
- S. Morasca, “On the use of weighted sums in the definition of measures,” in Proceedings of the 2010 ICSE Workshop on Emerging Trends in Software Metrics (WETSoM '10), pp. 8–15, ACM Press, May 2010.