- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Software Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 642983, 12 pages
Program Spectra Analysis with Theory of Evidence
Department of Computer Science, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX 79409-3104, USA
Received 30 August 2011; Revised 4 January 2012; Accepted 8 January 2012
Academic Editor: Chin-Yu Huang
Copyright © 2012 Rattikorn Hewett. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Hailpern and P. Santhanam, “Software debugging, testing, and verification,” IBM Systems Journal, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 4–12, 2002.
- I. Vessey, “Expertise in debugging computer programs: an analysis of the content of verbal protocols,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 621–637, 1986.
- R. Sedlmeyer, W. B. Thompson, and P. E. Johnson, “Diagnostic reasoning in software fault localization,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, vol. 1, pp. 29–31, Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1983.
- M. Weiser, “Programmers use slices when debugging,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 446–452, 1982.
- M. Renieres and S. P. Reiss, “Fault localization with nearest neighbor queries,” in Proceedings of the 18th IEEE International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, pp. 30–39, Providence, RI, USA, 2003.
- B. Liblit, M. Naik, A. X. Zheng, A. Aiken, and M. I. Jordan, “Scalable statistical bug isolation,” in Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation, pp. 15–26, Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- C. Liu, L. Fei, X. Yan, J. Han, and S. P. Midkiff, “Statistical debugging: a hypothesis testing-based approach,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 32, no. 10, pp. 831–848, 2006.
- T. Reps, T. Ball, M. Das, and J. Larus, “The use of program profiling for software maintenance with applications to the year 2000 problem,” in Proceedings of the 6th European Software Engineering Conference, pp. 432–449, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- R. Abreu, P. Zoeteweij, and A. van Gemund, “An evaluation of similarity coefficients for software fault localization,” in Proceedings of the 12th Pacific Rim International Symposium on Dependable Computing, pp. 39–46, IEEE Computer Society Press, Riverside, Calif, USA, 2006.
- R. Abreu, P. Zoeteweij, and A. van Gemund, “On the Accuracy of Spectrum-based Fault Localization,” in Proceedings of the Testing: Academic and Industrial Conference Practice and Research Techniques (MUTATION '07), pp. 89–98, IEEE Computer Society Press, Washington, DC, USA, 2007.
- S. Ali, J. H. Andrews, T. Dhandapani, and W. Wang, “Evaluating the accuracy of fault localization techniques,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, pp. 76–87, IEEE Computer Society Press, Washington, DC, USA, 2009.
- M. Y. Chen, E. Kiciman, E. Fratkin, A. Fox, and E. Brewer, “Pinpoint: problem determination in large, dynamic internet services,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN '02), pp. 595–604, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 2002.
- J. Jones, M. J. Harrold, and J. Stasko, “Visualization of test information to assist fault localization,” in Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Software Engineering, pp. 467–477, Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- A. Meyer, A. Garcia, A. Souza, and C. Souza Jr., “Comparison of similarity coefficients used for cluster analysis with dominant markers in maize (Zea mays L),” Genetics and Molecular Biology, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 83–91, 2004.
- S. Nessa, M. Abedin, E. W. Wong, L. Khan, and Y. Qi, “Software fault localization using N-gram analysis,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Wireless Algorithms, Systems, and Applications, pp. 548–559, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- V. Dallmeier, C. Lindig, and A. Zeller, “Lightweight defect localization for Java,” in Proceedings of the 19th European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming, vol. 3568 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 528–550, Springer, Glasgow, UK, 2005.
- G. Shafer, A Mathematical Theory of Evidence, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1976.
- J. Jones and M. J. Harrold, “Empirical evaluation of the tarantula automatic fault-localization technique,” in Proceedings of the 20th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, pp. 273–282, Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- P. Jaccard, “Étude comparative de la distribution florale dans une portion des Alpes et des Jura,” Bulletin de la Société Vaudoise des Sciences Naturelles, vol. 37, pp. 547–579, 1901.
- A. Ochiai, “Zoogeographic studies on the soleoid fishes found in Japan and its neighbouring regions,” Bulletin of the Japanese Society for the Science of Fish, vol. 22, pp. 526–530, 1957.
- J. Pearl, Causality: Models, Reasoning, and Inference, Cambridge University Press, 2000.
- M. Hutchins, H. Foster, T. Goradia, and T. Ostrand, “Experiments of the effectiveness of dataflow- and control flow-based test adequacy criteria,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Software Engineering, pp. 191–200, IEEE Computer Society Press, Sorrento , Italy, 1994.
- H. Agrawal, J. R. Horgan, S. London, and W. E. Wong, “Fault localization using execution slices and dataflow tests,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, pp. 143–151, Toulouse , France, 1995.
- W. Wong and Y. Qi, “BP neural network-based effective fault localization,” International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 573–597, 2009.