- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Software Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 949746, 28 pages
Specifying Process Views for a Measurement, Evaluation, and Improvement Strategy
1GIDIS_Web, Engineering School, Universidad Nacional de La Pampa, General Pico, Argentina
2School of Software, Beihang University, Beijing, China
Received 24 August 2011; Revised 12 November 2011; Accepted 8 December 2011
Academic Editor: Osamu Mizuno
Copyright © 2012 Pablo Becker et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- ISO/IEC CD 25010.3. Systems and software engineering. Systems and software Quality Requirements and Evaluation (SQuaRE). System and software quality models, 2009.
- P. Lew, L. Olsina, and L. Zhang, “Quality, quality in use, actual usability and user experience as key drivers for web application evaluation,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE '10), vol. 6189 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 218–232, Springer, Vienne, Austria, 2010.
- N. Bevan, “Extending quality in use to provide a framework for usability measurement,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Human Centered Design (HCD '09), vol. 5619 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 13–22, Springer, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2009.
- L. Olsina, F. Papa, and H. Molina, “How to measure and evaluate web applications in a consistent way,” in Web Engineering: Modeling and Implementing Web Applications, G. Rossi, O. Pastor, D. Schwabe, and L. Olsina, Eds., HCIS, chapter 13, pp. 385–420, Springer, London, UK, 2008.
- H. Molina and L. Olsina, “Assessing web applications consistently: a context information approach,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE '08), pp. 224–230, Yorktown Heights, NJ, USA, July 2008.
- P. Becker, H. Molina, and L. Olsina, “Measurement and evaluation as quality driver,” Journal ISI (Ingénierie des Systèmes d’Information), vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 33–62, 2010.
- L. Olsina and G. Rossi, “Measuring Web application quality with WebQEM,” IEEE Multimedia, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 20–29, 2002.
- P. Lew, L. Olsina, P. Becker, and L. Zhang, “An integrated strategy to understand and manage quality in use for web applications,” Requirements Engineering Journal, vol. 16, no. 3, 2011.
- E. Mendes, “The need for empirical web engineering: an Introduction,” in Web Engineering: Modelling and Implementing Web Applications, G. Rossi, O. Pastor, D. Schwabe, and L. Olsina, Eds., HCIS, chapter 14, pp. 421–447, Springer, London, UK, 2008.
- B. Curtis, M. Kellner, and J. Over, “Process modelling,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 75–90, 1992.
- L. Olsina, “Applying the flexible process model to build hypermedia products,” in Proceedings of the Hypertext and Hypermedia: Tools, Products, Methods (HHTPM '97), pp. 211–221, Hermes Ed., Paris, France, 1997.
- S. Acuña, N. Juristo, A. Merona, and A. Mon, A Software Process Model Handbook for Incorporating People's Capabilities, Springer, 1st edition, 2005.
- UML.Unified Modeling Language Specification, Version 2.0. Document/05-07-04, 2004.
- SPEM. Software Process Engineering Metamodel Specification. Doc./02-11-14., Ver.1.0, 2002.
- P. Becker, P. Lew, and L. Olsina, “Strategy to improve quality for software applications: a process view,” in Proceedings of the International Conference of Software and System Process (ICSSP '11), pp. 129–138, ACM, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 2011.
- N. E. Fenton and S. L. Pfleeger, Software Metrics: a Rigorous and Practical Approach, PWS Publishing Company, 2nd edition, 1997.
- F. García, A. Vizcaino, and C. Ebert, “Process management tools,” IEEE Software, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 15–18, 2011.
- L. Olsina, G. Rossi, A. Garrido, D. Distante, and G. Canfora, “Web applications refactoring and evaluation: a quality-oriented improvement approach,” Journal of Web Engineering, Rinton Press, US, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 258–280, 2008.
- ISO/IEC 25000. Software Engineering—Software product Quality Requirements and Evaluation (SQuaRE)—Guide to SQuaRE, 2005.
- ISO/IEC 15939. Software Engineering—Software Measurement Process, 2002.
- ISO/IEC 14598-5. International Standard, Information technology—Software product evaluation—Part 5: process for evaluators, 1999.
- CMMI Product Team. CMMI for Development Version 1.3 (CMMI-DEV, V.1.3) CMU/SEI-2010-TR-033, SEI Carnegie-Mellon University, 2010.
- R. Basili, G. Caldiera, and H. D. Rombach, “The goal question metric approach,” in Encyclopedia of Software Engineering, J. J. Marciniak, Ed., vol. 1, pp. 528–532, John Wiley & Sons, 1994.
- G. Covella and L. Olsina, “Assessing quality in use in a consistent way,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE ’06), pp. 1–8, ACM, San Francisco, Calif, USA, July 2006.
- J. Munch and J. Heidrich, “Software project control centers: concepts and approaches,” Journal of Systems and Software, vol. 70, no. 1-2, pp. 3–19, 2004.
- X. Ferre, N. Juriste, and A. M. Moreno, “Framework for integrating usability practices into the software process,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Product Focused Software Process Improvement (PROFES '05), vol. 3547 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 202–215, Springer, 2005.
- D. M. Nichols and M. B. Twidale, “Usability processes in open source projects,” Software Process Improvement and Practice, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 149–162, 2006.
- F. Kurniawati and R. Jeffery, “The use and effects of an electronic process guide and experience repository: a longitudinal study,” Information and Software Technology, vol. 48, no. 7, pp. 566–577, 2006.
- V. R. Basili, M. Lindvall, M. Regardie et al., “Linking software development and business strategy through measurement,” Computer, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 57–65, 2010.
- B. A. Kitchenham, R. T. Hughes, and S. G. Linkman, “Modeling software measurement data,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 788–804, 2001.
- W. Goethert and M. Fisher, Deriving Enterprise-Based Measures Using the Balanced Scorecard and Goal-Driven Measurement Techniques. Software Engineering Measurement and Analysis Initiative, CMU/SEI-2003-TN-024, 2003.
- M. Rodrìguez, M. Genero, D. Torre, B. Blasco, and M. Piattini, “A methodology for continuos quality assessment of software artefacts,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Quality Software (QSIC '10), pp. 254–261, Zhangjiajie, China, July 2010.
- J. G. Guzmán, H. Mitre, A. Seco, and M. Velasco, “Integration of strategic management, process improvement and quantitative measurement for managing the competitiveness of software engineering organizations,” Software Quality Journal, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 341–359, 2010.