- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Tribology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 613581, 6 pages
Friction Experiments for Dynamical Coefficient Measurement
Laboratoire de Physique et Mécanique des Matériaux, FRE CNRS 3236, Ile du Saulcy, 57045 Metz Cedex 01, France
Received 30 November 2010; Revised 1 February 2011; Accepted 10 May 2011
Academic Editor: Dae Eun Kim
Copyright © 2011 J. J. Arnoux et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Sutter and A. Molinari, “Analysis of the cutting force components and friction in high speed machining,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, vol. 127, no. 2, pp. 245–250, 2005.
- G. Sutter, S. Philippon, and A. Molinari, “An experimental investigation of dry friction for a large range of sliding velocities,” Matériaux et Techniques, pp. 33–37, 2004.
- S. Rajagopalan and V. Prakash, “A modified torsional Kolsky bar for investigating dynamic friction,” Experimental Mechanics, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 295–303, 1999.
- H. D. Espinosa, A. Patanella, and M. Fischer, “A novel dynamic friction experiment using a modified Kolsky bar apparatus,” Experimental Mechanics, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 138–153, 2000.
- F. P. Bowden and E. H. Freitag, “The friction of solids at very high speeds I. Metal on metal; II. Metal on diamond,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of London series A: Mathematical and physical sciences, vol. 248, pp. 350–367, 1958.
- S. C. Lim, M. F. Ashby, and J. H. Brunton, “The effects of sliding conditions on the dry friction of metals,” Acta Metallurgica, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 767–772, 1989.
- G. Sutter, “Chip geometries during high-speed machining for orthogonal cutting conditions,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 719–726, 2005.
- A. Molinari, Y. Estrin, and S. Mercier, “Dependence of the coefficient of friction on the sliding conditions in the high velocity range,” Journal of Tribology, vol. 121, no. 1, pp. 35–41, 1999.
- G. Sutter and N. Ranc, “Flash temperature measurement during dry friction process at high sliding speed,” Wear, vol. 268, no. 11-12, pp. 1237–1242, 2010.
- M. Okada, N. S. Liou, V. Prakash, and K. Miyoshi, “Tribology of high-speed metal-on-metal sliding at near-melt and fully-melt interfacial temperatures,” Wear, vol. 249, no. 8, pp. 672–686, 2001.
- F. Yuan, N. S. Liou, and V. Prakash, “High-speed frictional slip at metal-on-metal interfaces,” International Journal of Plasticity, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 612–634, 2009.