- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Tribology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 723919, 12 pages
Surface Layer Properties after Successive EDM or EDA and Then Superficial Roto-Peen Machining
Institute of Manufacturing Technology, Warsaw University of Technology, 02-524 Warsaw, Poland
Received 19 December 2011; Revised 3 April 2012; Accepted 3 April 2012
Academic Editor: J. Paulo Davim
Copyright © 2012 Agnieszka Dmowska et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. P. Kurth, J. Van Humbeeck, and L. Stevens, “Micro structural investigation and metallographic analysis of the white layer of a surface machined by Electro Discharge Machining,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Symposium on Emergency Management (ISEM '95), pp. 849–862, Lausanne, Switzerland, 1995.
- M. Siwczyk, Electrical Discharge Machining Obróbka Elektroerozyjna, WNT, Warsaw, Poland, 1981.
- B. Nowicki, R. Pierzynowski, and S. Spadło, “Comperative investigation into the brush electrodischarge alloying with the electrodes of alloy steel and tungsten,” International Journal for Manufacturing Science and Technology, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 44–54, 2004.
- Collective work Electrical discharge allying of metal surfaces, Elektroiskrowoe legirowanie metaliceskich powerchnostej, Akadamia Nauk USSR, 1976.
- L. C. Lim, L. C. Lee, Y. S. Wong, and H. H. Lu, “Solidification microstructure of electrodischarge machined surfaces of tool steels,” Materials Science and Technology, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 239–248, 1991.
- J. A. McGeough and H. Rasmussen, “A macroscopic model of electro-discharge machining,” International Journal of Machine Tool Design and Research, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 333–339, 1982.
- A. Dmowska, B. Nowicki, and A. Podolak-Lejtas, “A new method of investigating crater and flash made by individual discharge using scanning profilometers,” Metrology and Properties of Engineering Surfaces, Rzeszów, pp. 139–145, 2011.
- B. Ekmekci, “Residual stresses and white layer in electric discharge machining (EDM),” Applied Surface Science, vol. 253, no. 23, pp. 9234–9240, 2007.
- H. T. Lee and T. Y. Tai, “Relationship between EDM parameters and surface crack formation,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 142, no. 3, pp. 676–683, 2003.
- P. G. Bailey, “Manual peening with the rotary flap process,” in Proceedings of the 7th International conference on shot peening, Poland, pp. 405–414, Warsaw, Poland, 1999.
- M. Drozd, A. Fedorov, and J. Cidjakin, “Rascet głubiny rosprostranienia plasticeskih deformatcji,” Westnik Mashinostroenija, no. 1, pp. 132–137, 1972.
- A. Nakonieczny, T. Żółciak, and G. Monka, “Effects of shot peening on process of carburization and selected strength properties of steel 18 HGT,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Shot Peening, pp. 135–144, Warsaw, Poland, 1999.
- W. Przybylski, Burnishing Technology Technologia Obróbki Nagniataniem, Wydawnictwo Naukowo-Techniczne, Warsaw, Poland, 1987.
- Y. C. Lin, B. H. Yan, and F. Y. Huang, “Surface improvement using a combination of electrical discharge machining with ball burnish machining based on the taguchi method,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 673–682, 2001.
- B. Nowicki and A. Podolak-Lejtas, “Investigations of the effect of combined EDM machining with burnishing process on the conditio of the surface layer,” Advances in Manufacturing Science and Technology, vol. 32, no. 8, 2008.
- American National Standard for Surface Integrity B 211.1.1986.