- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 217153, 5 pages
Micropapillary Variant of Urothelial Carcinoma
1Department of Pathology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul 135-710, Republic of Korea
2Department of Pathology, The Methodist Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Houston, TX 77030, USA
3Department of Pathology, National Cancer Center, Gyeonggi-do 410-769, Republic of Korea
Received 13 June 2011; Accepted 9 August 2011
Academic Editor: Peter E. Clark
Copyright © 2011 Ghee Young Kwon and Jae Y. Ro. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. B. Amin, J. Y. Ro, T. El-Sharkawy et al., “Micropapillary variant of transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder: histologic pattern resembling ovarian papillary serous carcinoma,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 1224–1232, 1994.
- T. Alkibay, S. Sözen, S. Gürocak, I. Işik Gönül, A. Poyraz, and Y. Üre, “Micropapillary pattern in urothelial carcinoma: a clinicopathological analysis,” Urologia Internationalis, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 300–305, 2009.
- J. I. Lopez, K. Elorriaga, I. Imaz, and F. J. Bilbao, “Micropapillary transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder,” Histopathology, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 561–562, 1999.
- A. M. Kamat, C. P. N. Dinney, J. R. Gee et al., “Micropapillary bladder cancer: a review of the University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center experience with 100 consecutive patients,” Cancer, vol. 110, no. 1, pp. 62–67, 2007.
- E. Compérat, M. Roupret, J. Yaxley et al., “Micropapillary urothelial carcinoma of the urinary bladder: a clinicopathological analysis of 72 cases,” Pathology, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 650–654, 2010.
- A. R. Sangoi, A. H. Beck, M. B. Amin et al., “Interobserver reproducibility in the diagnosis of invasive micropapillary carcinoma of the urinary tract among urologic pathologists,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 1367–1376, 2010.
- K. E. Watts and D. E. Hansel, “Emerging concepts in micropapillary urothelial carcinoma,” Advances in Anatomic Pathology, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 182–186, 2010.
- Q. J. Zhai, J. Black, A. G. Ayala, and J. Y. Ro, “Histologic variants of infiltrating urothelial carcinoma,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 131, no. 8, pp. 1244–1256, 2007.
- M. B. Amin, “Histological variants of urothelial carcinoma: diagnostic, therapeutic and prognostic implications,” Modern Pathology, vol. 22, no. 2, supplement, pp. S96–S118, 2009.
- H. Samaratunga and K. Khoo, “Micropapillary variant of urothelial carcinoma of the urinary bladder; a clinicopatholigical and immunohistochemical study,” Histopathology, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 55–64, 2004.
- S. L. Johansson, G. Borghede, and S. Holmang, “Micropapillary bladder carcinoma: a clinicopathological study of 20 cases,” Journal of Urology, vol. 161, no. 6, pp. 1798–1802, 1999.
- I. Alvarado-Cabrero, F. I. Sierra-Santiesteban, A. Mantilla-Morales, and D. M. Hernández-Hernandez, “Micropapillary carcinoma of the urothelial tract: a clinicopathologic study of 38 cases,” Annals of Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 2005.
- D. Y. Baschinsky, J. H. Chen, M. S. Vadmal, J. G. Lucas, R. R. Bahnson, and T. H. Niernann, “Carcinosarcoma of the urinary bladder—an aggressive tumor with diverse histogenesis: a clinicopathologic study of 4 cases and review of the literature,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 124, no. 8, pp. 1172–1178, 2000.
- A. Lopez-Beltran, A. Blanca, R. Montironi, L. Cheng, and J. C. Regueiro, “Pleomorphic giant cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder,” Human Pathology, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 1461–1466, 2009.
- A. Lopez-Beltran, M. B. Amin, P. S. Oliveira et al., “Urothelial carcinoma of the bladder, lipid cell variant: clinicopathologic findings and LOH analysis,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 371–376, 2010.
- A. Lopez-Beltran, M. J. Requena, R. Montironi, A. Blanca, and L. Cheng, “Plasmacytoid urothelial carcinoma of the bladder,” Human Pathology, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 1023–1028, 2009.
- T. Sakuma, M. Furuta, A. Mimura, N. Tanigawa, R. Takamizu, and K. Kawano, “Urine cytology of micropapillary carcinoma of the urinary bladder,” Diagnostic Cytopathology. In press.
- Y. Ohtsuki, N. Kuroda, T. Umeoka et al., “KL-6 is another useful marker in assessing a micropapillary pattern in carcinomas of the breast and urinary bladder, but not the colon,” Medical Molecular Morphology, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 123–127, 2009.
- A. R. Sangoi, J. P. Higgins, R. V. Rouse, A. G. Schneider, and J. K. McKenney, “Immunohistochemical comparison of MUC1, CA125, and Her2Neu in invasive micropapillary carcinoma of the urinary tract and typical invasive urothelial carcinoma with retraction artifact,” Modern Pathology, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 660–667, 2009.
- T. L. Lotan, H. Ye, J. Melamed, X. R. Wu, I. M. Shih, and J. I. Epstein, “Immunohistochemical panel to identify the primary site of invasive micropapillary carcinoma,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 1037–1041, 2009.
- H. Nassar, “Carcinomas with micropapillary morphology: clinical significance and current concepts,” Advances in Anatomic Pathology, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 297–303, 2004.
- A. Lopez-Beltran, R. Montironi, A. Blanca, and L. Cheng, “Invasive micropapillary urothelial carcinoma of the bladder,” Human Pathology, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 1159–1164, 2010.
- E. Compérat, M. Roupret, P. Conort et al., “Aurora-A/STK-15 is differentially expressed in the micropapillary variant of bladder cancer,” Urologia Internationalis, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 312–317, 2009.
- J. K. Maranchie, B. T. Bouyounes, P. L. Zhang, M. A. O'Donnell, I. C. Summerhayes, and W. C. DeWolf, “Clinical and pathological characteristics of micropapillary transitional cell carcinoma: a highly aggressive variant,” Journal of Urology, vol. 163, no. 3, pp. 748–751, 2000.