- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 232609, 17 pages
Predictive Biomarkers of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Immunotherapy Response in Bladder Cancer: Where Are We Now?
1Experimental Pathology and Therapeutics Group, Portuguese Institute of Oncology, 4200-072 Porto, Portugal
2ICBAS, Abel Salazar Biomedical Sciences Institute, University of Porto, 4099-003 Porto, Portugal
3Nucleo de Investigação em Farmácia, Centro de Estudos em Saúde e Ambiente (CISA), School of Allied Health Sciences, Polytechnic Institute of Oporto, 4400-330 Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
4Department of Gastroenterology, Portuguese Institute of Oncology, 4200-072 Porto, Portugal
5CINTESIS/Department of Biostatistics and Medical Informatics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, 4200-319 Porto, Portugal
6Laboratory of Medical Investigation (LIM) 14, Faculty of Medicine, University of São Paulo, 01246903 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
7Life and Health Sciences Research Institute (ICVS), School of Health Sciences, University of Minho, and ICVS/3B’s-PT Government Associate Laboratory, 4710-057 Braga, Portugal
8Molecular Oncology Research Center, Barretos Cancer Hospital, 1331 Barretos, 1478-400 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
9Health Sciences Faculty, University Fernando Pessoa, 4200-150 Porto, Portugal
10Department of Surgical Oncology, Portuguese Institute of Oncology, 4200-072 Porto, Portugal
Received 23 February 2012; Revised 29 May 2012; Accepted 16 June 2012
Academic Editor: Kesavan Esuvaranathan
Copyright © 2012 Luís Lima et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Rafael Nunez-Nateras, Erik P. Castle, Cheryl A. Protheroe, Melissa L. Stanton, Tolgay I. Ocal, Erin N. Ferrigni, Sergei I. Ochkur, Elizabeth A. Jacobsen, Yue-Xian Hou, Paul E. Andrews, Thomas V. Colby, Nancy A. Lee, and James J. Lee, “Predicting response to bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) in patients with carcinoma in situ of the bladder,” Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations, 2013.
- L Lima, P F Severino, M Silva, A Miranda, A Tavares, S Pereira, E Fernandes, R Cruz, T Amaro, C A Reis, F Dall'Olio, F Amado, P A Videira, L Santos, and J A Ferreira, “Response of high-risk of recurrence/progression bladder tumours expressing sialyl-Tn and sialyl-6-T to BCG immunotherapy,” British Journal of Cancer, 2013.
- Luís Lima, José A. Ferreira, Ana Tavares, Daniela Oliveira, António Morais, Paula A. Videira, Rui Medeiros, and Lúcio Santos, “FASL polymorphism is associated with response to bacillus Calmette-Guérin immunotherapy in bladder cancer,” Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations, 2013.
- Hanru Wang, Susan E. P. Bastian, and Gordon S. Howarth, “Newly Developed Synbiotics and the Chemotherapy-Damaged Gut,” Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 198–208, 2013.
- Jay B. Shah, and Ashish M. Kamat, “Strategies for Optimizing Bacillus Calmette-Guerin,” Urologic Clinics of North America, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 211–+, 2013.
- Luís Lima, Daniela Oliveira, Ana Tavares, Teresina Amaro, Ricardo Cruz, Maria J. Oliveira, José A. Ferreira, and Lúcio Santos, “The predominance of M2-polarized macrophages in the stroma of low-hypoxic bladder tumors is associated with BCG immunotherapy failure,” Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations, 2013.
- Melissa G. Lechner, Saman S. Karimi, Keegan Barry-Holson, Trevor E. Angell, Katherine A. Murphy, Connor H. Church, John R. Ohlfest, Peisheng Hu, and Alan L. Epstein, “Immunogenicity of Murine Solid Tumor Models as a Defining Feature of In Vivo Behavior and Response to Immunotherapy,” Journal of Immunotherapy, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 477–489, 2013.
- Christine Gan, Hugh Mostafid, and Muhammad Shamim Khan, “BCG immunotherapy for bladder cancer-the effects of substrain differences,” Nature Reviews Urology, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 580–588, 2013.