- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 276501, 8 pages
Novel Application of Statistical Methods to Identify New Urinary Incontinence Risk Factors
1Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Oakland University, 2200 N. Squirrel Road, Rochester, MI 48309, USA
2Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Oakland University, Rochester, MI 48309, USA
3Beaumont Health System, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
4Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Rochester, MI 48309, USA
Received 19 July 2012; Revised 25 September 2012; Accepted 25 September 2012
Academic Editor: Miroslav L. Djordjevic
Copyright © 2012 Theophilus O. Ogunyemi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. C. Diokno, B. M. Brock, M. B. Brown, and A. R. Herzog, “Prevalence of urinary incontinence and other urological symptoms in the noninstitutionalized elderly,” Journal of Urology, vol. 136, no. 5, pp. 1022–1025, 1986.
- A. C. Diokno, M. B. Brown, B. M. Brock, A. R. Herzog, and D. P. Normolle, “Clinical and cystometric characteristics of continent and incontinent noninstitutionalized elderly,” Journal of Urology, vol. 140, no. 3, pp. 567–571, 1988.
- A. C. Diokno, C. M. Sampselle, A. R. Herzog et al., “Prevention of urinary incontinence by behavioral modification program: a randomized, controlled trial among older women in the community,” Journal of Urology, vol. 171, no. 3, pp. 1165–1171, 2004.
- A. C. Diokno, K. Burgio, N. H. Fultz, K. S. Kinchen, R. Obenchain, and R. C. Bump, “Prevalence and outcomes of continence surgery in community dwelling women,” Journal of Urology, vol. 170, no. 2, pp. 507–511, 2003.
- C. Hampel, D. Wienhold, N. Benken, C. Eggersmann, and J. W. Thüroff, “Definition of overactive bladder and epidemiology of urinary incontinence,” Urology, vol. 50, supplement 6, pp. 4–16, 1997.
- A. C. Diokno, B. M. Brock, A. Regula Herzog, and J. Bromberg, “Medical correlates of urinary incontinence in the elderly,” Urology, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 129–138, 1990.
- A. R. Herzog, A. C. Diokno, M. B. Brown, D. P. Normolle, and B. M. Brock, “Two-year incidence, remission, and change patterns of urinary incontinence in noninstitutionalized older adults,” Journals of Gerontology, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. M67–M74, 1990.
- A. R. Herzog, A. C. Diokno, M. B. Brown, N. H. Fultz, and N. E. Goldstein, “Urinary incontinence as a risk factor for mortality,” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 264–268, 1994.
- G. A. Colditz, K. A. Atwood, K. Emmons et al., “Harvard report on cancer prevention volume 4: Harvard Cancer Risk Index,” Cancer Causes and Control, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 477–488, 2000.
- SAS/STAT User’s Guide, Version 9. 3, SAS Institute, Cary, NC, USA, 2010.
- K. L. Burgio, H. Zyczynski, J. L. Locher, H. E. Richter, D. T. Redden, and K. C. Wright, “Urinary incontinence in the 12-month postpartum period,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 102, no. 6, pp. 1291–1298, 2003.
- A. R. Herzog and W. L. Rodgers, “Age and response rates to interview sample surveys,” Journals of Gerontology, vol. 43, pp. S200–S205, 1988.
- M. C. Lapitan and P. L. H. Chyeon, “The epidemiology of overactive bladder among females in Asia: a questionnaire survey,” International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 226–231, 2001.
- A. C. Diokno, K. Burgio, N. H. Fultz, K. S. Kinchen, R. Obenchain, and R. C. Bump, “Medical and self-care practices reported by women with urinary incontinence,” American Journal of Managed Care, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 69–78, 2004.
- R. Kirchstein, Disease-Specific Estimates of Direct and Indirect Costs of Illness and NIH Support, Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA, 2000.