- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 314612, 5 pages
Penile Enhancement Procedures with Simultaneous Penile Prosthesis Placement
1Department of Urology, University of South Florida, 2 Tampa General Circle, Tampa, FL 33602, USA
2Division of Plastic Surgery, University of South Florida, 2 Tampa General Circle, Tampa, FL 33602, USA
3LSU Health Sciences Center, 255 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop, Shreveport, LA, USA
Received 27 February 2012; Accepted 5 June 2012
Academic Editor: Andrew Kramer
Copyright © 2012 Tariq S. Hakky et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Vardi, Y. Harshai, T. Gil, and I. Gruenwald, “A critical analysis of penile enhancement procedures for patients with normal penile size: surgical techniques, success, and complications,” European Urology, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 1042–1050, 2008.
- M. Savoie, S. S. Kim, and M. S. Soloway, “A prospective study measuring penile length in men treated with radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer,” Journal of Urology, vol. 169, no. 4, pp. 1462–1464, 2003.
- S. Deveci, D. Martin, M. Parker, and J. P. Mulhall, “Penile length alterations following penile prosthesis surgery,” European Urology, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 1128–1131, 2007.
- A. Miranda-Sousa, M. Keating, S. Moreira, M. Baker, and R. Carrion, “Concomitant ventral phalloplasty during penile implant surgery: novel procedure that optimizes patient satisfaction and their perception of phallic length after penile implant surgery,” The Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 1494–1499, 2007.
- J. R. Caso, M. D. Myers, L. Wiegand, A. Rodriguez, S. Hann, and R. Carrion, “Phalloplasty and penile implant surgery,” Current Urology Reports, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 475–477, 2009.
- E. Austoni, A. Guarneri, and A. Cazzaniga, “A new technique for augmentation phalloplasty: albugineal surgery with bilateral saphenous grafts—three years of experience,” European Urology, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 245–253, 2002.
- S. K. Wilson, J. R. Delk, J. J. Mulcahy, M. Cleves, and E. A. Salem, “Upsizing of inflatable penile implant cylinders in patients with corporal fibrosis,” The Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 736–742, 2006.
- M. Paradiso, O. Segihn, A. Volpe, and G. L. Milan, “One year experience with SIS biomaterial in penile patch surgery,” International Journal of Impotence Research, vol. 13, 2001.
- C. E. Horton, B. Vorstman, D. Teasley, and B. Winslow, “Hidden penis release: adjunctive suprapubic lipectomy.,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 131–134, 1987.
- M. N. Adham, B. Teimourian, and P. Mosca, “Buried penis release in adults with suction lipectomy and abdominoplasty,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 106, no. 4, pp. 840–844, 2000.
- I. A. Pestana, J. M. Greenfield, M. Walsh, C. F. Donatucci, and D. Erdmann, “Management of “buried” penis in adulthood: an overview,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 124, no. 4, pp. 1186–1195, 2009.
- O. K. Z. Shaeer, K. Shaeer, and A. El-Sebaie, “Minimizing the losses in penile lengthening: “V-Y half-skin half-fat advancement flap” and “T-closure” combined with severing the suspensory ligament,” The Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 155–160, 2006.
- C. Y. Li, O. Kayes, P. D. Kell, N. Christopher, S. Minhas, and D. J. Ralph, “Penile suspensory ligament division for penile augmentation: indications and results,” European Urology, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 729–733, 2006.
- F. Borges, L. Hakim, and C. Kline, “Surgical technique to maintain penile length after insertion of an inflatable penile prosthesis via infrapubic approach,” The Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 550–553, 2006.
- A. A. Al-Ansari, A. Shamsodini, R. A. Talib, T. Gul, and A. A. Shokeir, “Subcutaneous cod liver oil injection for penile augmentation: review of literature and report of eight cases,” Urology, vol. 75, no. 5, pp. 1181–1184, 2010.
- O. K. Z. Shaeer and K. Shaeer, “Penile girth augmentation using flaps “Shaeer's augmentation phalloplasty”: a case report,” The Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 164–169, 2006.
- R. O. Darouiche, “Device-associated infections: a macroproblem that starts with microadherence,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 1567–1572, 2001.