- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 329237, 4 pages
Laparoscopic Testicular Preservation in Adults with Intra-Abdominal Cryptorchidism: Is It Beneficial?
Division of Urology, Hospital das Clinicas, University of São Paulo Medical School, Avenue Vereador Jose Diniz 3300, Conjunto 208, 04604-006 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Received 6 August 2012; Revised 30 October 2012; Accepted 31 October 2012
Academic Editor: Hiep T. Nguyen
Copyright © 2012 Fábio César Miranda Torricelli et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. M. Snyder III, “Bilateral undescended testes,” European Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 152, supplement 2, pp. S45–S46, 1993.
- C. Esposito, A. A. Caldamone, A. Settimi, and A. El-Ghoneimi, “Management of boys with nonpalpable undescended testis,” Nature Clinical Practice Urology, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 252–260, 2008.
- F. M. J. A. Froeling, M. J. G. Sorber, J. J. M. C. H. De La Rosette, and J. D. M. De Vries, “The nonpalpable testis and the changing role of laparoscopy,” Urology, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 222–227, 1994.
- A. J. Kirsch, J. Escala, J. W. Duckett et al., “Surgical management of the nonpalpable testis: the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia experience,” Journal of Urology, vol. 159, no. 4, pp. 1340–1343, 1998.
- C. Merry, B. Sweeney, P. Puri, and J. D. M. De Vries, “The vanishing testis: anatomical and histological findings,” European Urology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 65–67, 1997.
- B. L. Madrazo, R. C. Klugo, J. A. Parks, and R. DiLoreto, “Ultrasonographic demonstration of undescended testes,” Radiology, vol. 133, no. 1 I, pp. 181–183, 1979.
- M. Khademi, J. J. Seebode, and A. Falla, “Selective spermatic arteriography for localization of an impalpable undescended testis,” Radiology, vol. 136, no. 3, pp. 627–634, 1980.
- P. J. Fritzsche, H. Hricak, and B. A. Kogan, “Undescended testis: value of MR imaging,” Radiology, vol. 164, no. 1, pp. 169–173, 1987.
- M. C. Pike, C. Chilvers, and M. J. Peckham, “Effect of age at orchidopexy on risk of testicular cancer,” The Lancet, vol. 1, no. 8492, pp. 1246–1248, 1986.
- H. M. Wood and J. S. Elder, “Cryptorchidism and testicular cancer: separating fact from fiction,” Journal of Urology, vol. 181, no. 2, pp. 452–461, 2009.
- S. Corvin, W. Sturm, A. Anastasiadis, M. Kuczyk, and A. Stenzl, “Laparoscopic management of the adult nonpalpable testicle,” Urologia Internationalis, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 337–339, 2005.
- V. K. Vijjan, V. K. Malik, and P. N. Agarwal, “The role of laparoscopy in the localization and management of adult impalpable testes.,” Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 43–46, 2004.