- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 429213, 10 pages
A Decade of FGF Receptor Research in Bladder Cancer: Past, Present, and Future Challenges
1Section of Experimental Oncology, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, St James’s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
2Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Received 31 May 2012; Accepted 17 June 2012
Academic Editor: Nan-Haw Chow
Copyright © 2012 Erica di Martino et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [21 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- S. V. Williams, C. D. Hurst, and M. A. Knowles, “Oncogenic FGFR3 gene fusions in bladder cancer,” Human Molecular Genetics, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 795–803, 2012.
- C. G. Stoehr, R. Stoehr, A. Rogler, K. Amann, R. Knuechel-Clarke, and A. Hartmann, “Personalized urooncology based on molecular uropathology. Part 1: What is diagnostic routine?,” Urologe, vol. 52, no. 7, pp. 970–975, 2013.
- Shirish M. Gadgeel, Wei Chen, Michele L. Cote, Aliccia Bollig-Fischer, Susan Land, Ann G. Schwartz, and Gerold Bepler, “Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 1 Amplification in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer by Quantitative Real-Time PCR,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Artur A. Belov, and Moosa Mohammadi, “Molecular Mechanisms of Fibroblast Growth Factor Signaling in Physiology and Pathology,” Cold Spring Harbor Perspectives In Biology, vol. 5, no. 6, 2013.
- Jaime Acquaviva, Suqin He, Chaohua Zhang, John-Paul Jimenez, Masazumi Nagai, Jim Sang, Manuel Sequeira, Donald L. Smith, Luisa Shin Ogawa, Takayo Inoue, Noriaki Tatsuta, Margaret A. Knowles, Richard C. Bates, and David A. Proia, “FGFR3 Translocations in Bladder Cancer: Differential Sensitivity to HSP90 Inhibition Based on Drug Metabolism,” Molecular Cancer Research, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 1042–1054, 2014.
- Xiguang Zhang, Jiasen Xie, Yan Sun, Huijing Xu, Tonghua Du, Zixuan Liu, Jinhui Chen, Zhong Zheng, Keqiang Liu, Jizhou Zhang, Mujie Kan, Xiaokun Li, and Yechen Xiao, “High-level expression, purification, and characterization of bifunctional ScFv-9R fusion protein,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 98, no. 12, pp. 5499–5506, 2014.
- Yann Neuzillet, Bas W. G. van Rhijn, Nadia L. Prigoda, Bharati Bapat, Liyang Liu, Peter J. Bostrom, Neil E. Fleshner, Brenda L. Gallie, Alexandre R. Zlotta, Michael A. S. Jewett, and Theo H. van der Kwast, “FGFR3 mutations, but not FGFR3 expression and FGFR3 copy-number variations, are associated with favourable non-muscle invasive bladder cancer,” Virchows Archiv, 2014.
- A. Hartmann, T. Schlomm, S. Bertz, J. Heinzelmann, S. Hölters, R. Simon, R. Stoehr, and K. Junker, “Prognostische und prädiktive molekulare Marker urologischer Tumoren,” Der Urologe, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 491–500, 2014.
- Meilin Wang, Haiyan Chu, Qiang Lv, Li Wang, Lin Yuan, Guangbo Fu, Na Tong, Chao Qin, Changjun Yin, Zhengdong Zhang, and Jianfeng Xu, “Cumulative effect of genome-wide association study-identified genetic variants for bladder cancer,” International Journal of Cancer, 2014.
- Nicole Schweiger, Marlene Hauck, Heinrich Steinhoff, Sandra Sampl, Martin Reifinger, Ingrid Walter, Theresa Kreilmeier, Brigitte Marian, Michael Grusch, Walter Berger, Klaus Holzmann, and Miriam Kleiter, “Canine and human sarcomas exhibit predominant FGFR1 expression and impaired viability after inhibition of signaling,” Molecular Carcinogenesis, 2014.
- Caroline J. Sheeba, Gregory Marslin, Ann Mary Revina, and Gregory Franklin, “Signaling pathways influencing tumor microenvironment and their exploitation for targeted drug delivery,” Nanotechnology Reviews, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 123–151, 2014.
- Deyao Wu, Yunfeng Zhou, Huixing Pan, Jian Zhou, Yuanfeng Fan, and Ping Qu, “microRNA-99a inhibiting cell proliferation, migration and invasion by targeting fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 in bladder cancer,” Oncology Letters, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1219–1224, 2014.
- Rosa Nadal, “New Treatments for Bladder Cancer: When Will We Make Progress?,” Current Treatment Options in Oncology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 99–114, 2014.
- Benedito A. Carneiro, Joshua J. Meeks, Timothy M. Kuzel, Mariana Scaranti, Sarki A. Abdulkadir, and Francis J. Giles, “Emerging therapeutic targets in bladder cancer,” Cancer Treatment Reviews, 2014.
- Nathalie Javidi-Sharifi, Elie Traer, Jacqueline Martinez, Anu Gupta, Takehiro Taguchi, Jennifer Dunlap, Michael C. Heinrich, Christopher L. Corless, Brian P. Rubin, Brian J. Druker, and Jeffrey W. Tyner, “Crosstalk between KIT and FGFR3 Promotes Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Cell Growth and Drug Resistance,” Cancer Research, vol. 75, no. 5, pp. 880–891, 2015.
- Paul Kachel, Bogusz Trojanowicz, Carsten Sekulla, Hanna Prenzel, Henning Dralle, and Cuong Hoang-Vu, “Phosphorylation of pyruvate kinase M2 and lactate dehydrogenase a by fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 in benign and malignant thyroid tissue,” BMC Cancer, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Bishoy M Faltas, Beerinder S Karir, Scott T Tagawa, and Jonathan E Rosenberg, “Novel molecular targets for urothelial carcinoma,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, pp. 1–11, 2015.
- Erica di Martino, Gavin Kelly, Jo-An Roulson, and Margaret A. Knowles, “Alteration of Cell-Cell and Cell-Matrix Adhesion in Urothelial Cells: An Oncogenic Mechanism for Mutant FGFR3,” Molecular Cancer Research, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 138–148, 2015.
- Anna Fischbach, Anja Rogler, Ramona Erber, Robert Stoehr, Richard Poulsom, Axel Heidenreich, Birte-Swantje Schneevoigt, Sven Hauke, Arndt Hartmann, Ruth Knuechel, Jürgen Veeck, and Nadine T Gaisa, “Fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR) gene amplifications are rare events in bladder cancer,” Histopathology, 2015.
- Qing-hai Wang, Zhi-Gang Ji, Zhi-gang Chen, Han-zhong Li, Hua Fan, Xin-rong Fan, Bing-bing Shi, and Yujiang Fang, “Serum CA 19-9 as a good prognostic biomarker in patients with bladder cancer,” International Journal of Surgery, 2015.
- Francesco Massari, Chiara Ciccarese, Matteo Santoni, Matteo Brunelli, Alessandro Conti, Alessandra Modena, Rodolfo Montironi, Daniele Santini, Liang Cheng, Guido Martignoni, Stefano Cascinu, and Giampaolo Tortora, “The route to personalized medicine in bladder cancer: where do we stand?,” Targeted Oncology, 2015.