- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 473457, 5 pages
Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy: Is It Worth Still Performing the Retroperitoneal Route?
Department of Urology, Henri Mondor Hospital, APHP, Paris XII University, 94010 Créteil, France
Received 25 November 2011; Accepted 28 March 2012
Academic Editor: Peter E. Clark
Copyright © 2012 Idir Ouzaid et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. H. Landis, T. Murray, S. Bolden, and P. A. Wingo, “Cancer statistics, 1999,” A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 8–31, 1999.
- J. Ferlay, D. M. Parkin, and E. Steliarova-Foucher, “Estimates of cancer incidence and mortality in Europe in 2008,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 765–781, 2010.
- B. Ljungberg, N. C. Cowan, D. C. Hanbury et al., “EAU guidelines on renal cell carcinoma: the 2010 update,” European Urology, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 398–406, 2010.
- C. J. Kane, K. Mallin, J. Ritchey, M. R. Cooperberg, and P. R. Carroll, “Renal cell cancer stage migration: analysis of the national cancer data base,” Cancer, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 78–83, 2008.
- R. H. Thompson, S. A. Boorjian, C. M. Lohse, et al., “Radical nephrectomy for pT1a renal masses may be associated with decreased overall survival compared with partial nephrectomy,” Journal of Urology, vol. 179, pp. 468–473, 2008.
- W. C. Huang, A. S. Levey, A. M. Serio et al., “Chronic kidney disease after nephrectomy in patients with renal cortical tumours: a retrospective cohort study,” The Lancet Oncology, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 735–740, 2006.
- A. S. Go, G. M. Chertow, D. Fan, C. E. McCulloch, and C. Y. Hsu, “Chronic kidney disease and the risks of death, cardiovascular events, and hospitalization,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 351, no. 13, pp. 1296–1370, 2004.
- I. S. Gill, M. G. Delworth, and L. C. Munch, “Laparoscopic retroperitoneal partial nephrectomy,” Journal of Urology, vol. 152, no. 5 I, pp. 1539–1542, 1994.
- H. N. Winfield, J. F. Donovan, A. S. Godet, and R. V. Clayman, “Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy: initial case report for benign disease,” Journal of Endourology, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 521–526, 1993.
- M. N. Patel, M. Menon, and C. G. Rogers, “Robotic partial nephrectomy: a comparison to current techniques,” Urologic Oncology, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 74–76, 2010.
- I. S. Gill, S. F. Matin, M. M. Desai et al., “Comparative analysis of laparoscopic versus open partial nephrectomy for renal tumors in 200 patients,” Journal of Urology, vol. 170, no. 1, pp. 64–68, 2003.
- D. Dindo, N. Demartines, and P. A. Clavien, “Classification of surgical complications: a new proposal with evaluation in a cohort of 6336 patients and results of a survey,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 240, no. 2, pp. 205–213, 2004.
- A. Cicco, L. Salomon, A. Hoznek et al., “Results of retroperitoneal laparoscopic radical nephrectomy,” Journal of Endourology, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 355–359, 2001.
- D. Gasman, F. Saint, Y. Barthelemy, P. Antiphon, D. Chopin, and C. C. Abbou, “Retroperitoneoscopy: a laparoscopic approach for adrenal and renal surgery,” Urology, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 801–806, 1996.
- A. Hoznek, L. Salomon, P. Antiphon et al., “Partial nephrectomy with retroperitoneal laparoscopy,” Journal of Urology, vol. 162, no. 6, pp. 1922–1926, 1999.
- G. P. Haber and I. S. Gill, “Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy: contemporary technique and outcomes,” European Urology, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 660–665, 2006.
- D. Liapis, A. de la Taille, G. Ploussard et al., “Analysis of complications from 600 retroperitoneoscopic procedures of the upper urinary tract during the last 10 years,” World Journal of Urology, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 523–530, 2008.
- C. S. Ng, I. S. Gill, A. P. Ramani et al., “Transperitoneal versus retroperitoneal laparoscopic partial nephrectomy: patient selection and perioperative outcomes,” Journal of Urology, vol. 174, no. 3, pp. 846–849, 2005.
- J. L. Weight and J. R. Porter, “Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy: comparison of transperitoneal and retroperitoneal approaches,” Journal of Urology, vol. 174, no. 3, pp. 841–845, 2005.
- S. Permpongkosol, R. E. Link, L. M. Su et al., “Complications of 2,775 urological laparoscopic procedures: 1993 to 2005,” Journal of Urology, vol. 177, no. 2, pp. 580–585, 2007.
- I. S. Gill, K. Kamoi, M. Aron, and M. M. Desai, “800 Laparoscopic partial nephrectomies: a single surgeon series,” Journal of Urology, vol. 183, no. 1, pp. 34–42, 2010.
- M. E. Allaf, S. B. Bhayani, C. Rogers et al., “Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy: evaluation of long-term oncological outcome,” Journal of Urology, vol. 172, no. 3, pp. 871–873, 2004.
- B. R. Lane and I. S. Gill, “7-year oncological outcomes after laparoscopic and open partial nephrectomy,” Journal of Urology, vol. 183, no. 2, pp. 473–479, 2010.
- M. Marszalek, T. Chromecki, B. Mohamad Al-Ali et al., “Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy: a matched-pair comparison of the transperitoneal versus the retroperitoneal approach,” Urology, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 109–113, 2011.
- M. T. Gettman, M. L. Blute, G. K. Chow, R. Neururer, G. Bartsch, and R. Peschel, “Robotic-assisted laparoscopic partial nephrectomy: technique and initial clinical experience with daVinci robotic system,” Urology, vol. 64, no. 5, pp. 914–918, 2004.
- S. Kaul, R. Laungani, R. Sarle et al., “Da Vinci-assisted robotic partial nephrectomy: technique and results at a mean of 15 months of follow-up,” European Urology, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 186–192, 2007.