- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 672624, 5 pages
Priapism: Comorbid Factors and Treatment Outcomes in a Contemporary Series
Department of Urology, University of Washington, USA
Received 11 March 2012; Revised 5 May 2012; Accepted 8 May 2012
Academic Editor: Miroslav L. Djordjevic
Copyright © 2012 Henry P. Gottsch et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. K. Montague, J. Jarow, G. A. Broderick et al., “American urological association guideline on the management of priapism,” Journal of Urology, vol. 170, no. 4 I, pp. 1318–1324, 2003.
- D. Dindo, N. Demartines, and P. A. Clavien, “Classification of surgical complications: a new proposal with evaluation in a cohort of 6336 patients and results of a survey,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 240, no. 2, pp. 205–213, 2004.
- R. V. Kulmala, T. A. Lehtonen, and T. L. Tammela, “Priapism, its incidence and seasonal distribution in Finland,” Scandinavian Journal of Urology and Nephrology, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 93–96, 1995.
- R. L. Fiorelli, S. J. Manfrey, L. H. Belkoff, and L. H. Finkelstein, “Priapism associated with intranasal cocaine abuse,” Journal of Urology, vol. 143, no. 3, pp. 584–585, 1990.
- R. Munarriz, J. Hwang, I. Goldstein, A. M. Traish, and N. N. Kim, “Cocaine and ephedrine-induced priapism: case reports and investigation of potential adrenergic mechanisms,” Urology, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 187–192, 2003.
- F. Andersohn, N. Schmedt, S. Weinmann, S. N. Willich, and E. Garbe, “Priapism associated with antipsychotics: role of α1 adrenoceptor affinity,” Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 68–71, 2010.
- K. J. Bär, M. K. Boettger, S. Schulz et al., “Reduced cardio-respiratory coupling in acute alcohol withdrawal,” Drug and Alcohol Dependence, vol. 98, no. 3, pp. 210–217, 2008.
- W. Vongpatanasin, Y. Mansour, B. Chavoshan, D. Arbique, and R. G. Victor, “Cocaine stimulates the human cardiovascular system via a central mechanism of action,” Circulation, vol. 100, no. 5, pp. 497–502, 1999.
- B. L. Henry, A. Minassian, M. P. Paulus, M. A. Geyer, and W. Perry, “Heart rate variability in bipolar mania and schizophrenia,” Journal of Psychiatric Research, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 168–176, 2010.
- R. M. Carney, J. A. Blumenthal, P. K. Stein et al., “Depression, heart rate variability, and acute myocardial infarction,” Circulation, vol. 104, no. 17, pp. 2024–2028, 2001.
- S. Sood, W. James, and M. J. Bailon, “Priapism associated with atypical antipsychotic medications: a review,” International Clinical Psychopharmacology, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 9–17, 2008.
- S. De Stefani, G. Savoca, S. Ciampalini, S. Stener, I. Gattuccio, and E. Belgrano, “Urethrocutaneous fistula as a severe complication of treatment for priapism,” British Journal of Urology International, vol. 88, no. 6, pp. 642–643, 2001.
- F. Hinman, “Priapism: report of cases and a clinical study of the literature with reference to its pathogenesis and surgical treatment,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 60, pp. 689–716, 1914.
- W. O. Brant, M. M. Garcia, A. J. Bella, T. Chi, and T. F. Lue, “T-shaped shunt and intracavernous tunneling for prolonged ischemic priapism,” Journal of Urology, vol. 181, no. 4, pp. 1699–1705, 2009.
- S. A. Gordon, K. H. Stage, K. E. Tansey, and Y. Lotan, “Conservative management of priapism in acute spinal cord injury,” Urology, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 1195–1197, 2005.
- R. Kulmala, T. Lehtonen, P. Nieminen, and T. Tammela, “Aetiology of priapism in 207 patients,” European Urology, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 241–245, 1995.
- M. S. El-Bahnasawy, A. Dawood, and A. Farouk, “Low-flow priapism: risk factors for erectile dysfunction,” British Journal of Urology International, vol. 89, no. 3, pp. 285–290, 2002.
- C. M. Earle, B. G. Stuckey, H. L. Ching, and Z. S. Wisniewski, “The incidence and management of priapism in Western Australia: a 16 year audit,” International Journal of Impotence Research, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 272–276, 2003.