- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 702412, 6 pages
Significance of the Intraoperative Methylene Blue Test for Postoperative Evaluation of the Vesicourethral Anastomosis
1Department of Urology, University Hospital of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
2Department of Medical Biometry and Informatics, Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany
Received 28 February 2012; Accepted 25 May 2012
Academic Editor: Maxwell V. Meng
Copyright © 2012 J. N. Nyarangi-Dix et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. C. Walsh, A. B. Retik, E. D. Vaughan Jr., et al., Campell's Urology, vol. 2, WB Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 8th edition.
- I. Leibovitch, R. G. Rowland, S. Little, R. S. Foster, R. Bihrle, and J. P. Donohue, “Cystography after radical retropubic prostatectomy: clinical implications of abnormal findings,” Urology, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 78–80, 1995.
- C. L. Coogan, J. S. Little, R. Bihrle, and R. S. Foster, “Urethral catheter removal prior to hospital discharge following radical prostatectomy,” Urology, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 400–403, 1997.
- L. E. Harpster and J. Brien, “Initial results using a running vesicourethral anastomosis following open radical retropubic prostatectomy,” Journal of Urology, vol. 177, no. 1, pp. 118–122, 2007.
- H. Lepor, A. M. Nieder, and M. C. Fraiman, “Early removal of urinary catheter after radical retropubic prostatectomy is both feasible and desirable,” Urology, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 425–429, 2001.
- M. G. Lucas, J. L. H. R. Bosch, F. R. Cruz, et al., Guidelines on Urinary Incontinence, http://www.uroweb.org/gls/pdf/18_Urinary_Incontinence_LR_Algorithms%20adjusted%2020%20July%202012.pdf.
- W. F. Santis, M. A. Hoffman, and W. C. Dewolf, “Early catheter removal in 100 consecutive patients undergoing radical retropubic prostatectomy,” BJU International, vol. 85, no. 9, pp. 1067–1068, 2000.
- H. Lepor, M. Kozirovsky, J. Laze, and S. Telegrafi, “Transabdominal sonocystography: a novel technique to assess vesicourethral extravasation following radical prostatectomy,” Journal of Urology, vol. 180, no. 6, pp. 2459–2462, 2008.
- B. V. Surya, J. Provet, K. E. Johanson, and J. Brown, “Anastomotic strictures following radical prostatectomy: risk factors and management,” Journal of Urology, vol. 143, no. 4, pp. 755–758, 1990.
- R. Park, S. Martin, J. D. Goldberg, and H. Lepor, “Anastomotic strictures following radical prostatectomy: insights into incidence, effectiveness of intervention, effect on continence, and factors predisposing to occurrence,” Urology, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 742–746, 2001.
- K. A. Guru, P. J. Seereiter, J. P. Sfakianos, A. D. Hutson, and J. L. Mohler, “Is a cystogram necessary after robot-assisted radical prostatectomy?” Urologic Oncology, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 465–467, 2007.
- A. R. Ramsden and G. W. Chodak, “Can leakage at the vesico-urethral anastomosis be predicted after radical retropubic prostatectomy?” BJU International, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 503–506, 2004.
- T. Eggert, J. Palisaar, P. Metz, and J. Noldus, “Assessing the vesico-urethral anastomosis after radical retropubic prostatectomy: transrectal ultrasonography can replace cystography,” BJU International, vol. 100, no. 6, pp. 1268–1271, 2007.
- S. D. Kundu, K. A. Roehl, S. E. Eggener, J. A. V. Antenor, M. Han, and W. J. Catalona, “Potency, continence and complications in 3,477 consecutive radical retropubic prostatectomies,” Journal of Urology, vol. 172, no. 6, pp. 2227–2231, 2004.
- P. C. Walsh, A. W. Partin, and J. I. Epstein, “Cancer control and quality of life following anatomical radical retropubic prostatectomy: results at 10 years,” Journal of Urology, vol. 152, no. 5, pp. 1831–1836, 1994.
- N. Patil, L. Krane, K. Javed, T. Williams, M. Bhandari, and M. Menon, “Evaluating and grading cystographic leakage: correlation with clinical outcomes in patients undergoing robotic prostatectomy,” BJU International, vol. 103, no. 8, pp. 1108–1110, 2009.