- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 707321, 5 pages
Contemporary Patient Satisfaction Rates for Three-Piece Inflatable Penile Prostheses
1Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3274, Durham, NC 27710, USA
2Regional Urology, 255 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop, Shreveport, LA 71106, USA
Received 28 February 2012; Accepted 30 May 2012
Academic Editor: Rafael Carrion
Copyright © 2012 Raymond M. Bernal and Gerard D. Henry. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Rajpurkar and C. B. Dhabuwala, “Comparison of satisfaction rates and erectile function in patients treated with sildenafil, intracavernous prostaglandin E1 and penile implant surgery for erectile dysfunction in urology practice,” Journal of Urology, vol. 170, no. 1, pp. 159–163, 2003.
- K. Hatzimouratidis and D. G. Hatzichristou, “A comparative review of the options for treatment of erectile dysfunction: which treatment for which patient?” Drugs, vol. 65, no. 12, pp. 1621–1650, 2005.
- C. C. Carson, “Penile prosthesis implantation: surgical implants in the era of oral medication,” Urologic Clinics of North America, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 503–509, 2005.
- W. J. Hellstrom, D. K. Montague, I. Moncada et al., “Implants, mechanical devices, and vascular surgery for erectile dysfunction,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 7, no. 1, part 2, pp. 501–523, 2010.
- M. L. Slevin, H. Plant, D. Lynch, J. Drinkwater, and W. M. Gregory, “Who should measure quality of life, the doctor or the patient?” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 109–112, 1988.
- S. K. Wilson, M. Cleves, and J. R. Delk II, “Long-term results with hydroflex and dynaflex penile prostheses: device survival comparison to multicomponent inflatables,” Journal of Urology, vol. 155, no. 5, pp. 1621–1623, 1996.
- C. Bettocchi, F. Palumbo, M. Spilotros et al., “Patient and partner satisfaction after AMS inflatable penile prosthesis implant,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 7, no. 1, part 1, pp. 304–309, 2010.
- A. Natali, R. Olianas, and M. Fisch, “Penile implantation in Europe: successes and complications with 253 implants in Italy and Germany,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 1503–1512, 2008.
- M. J. Brinkman, G. D. Henry, S. K. Wilson et al., “A survey of patients with inflatable penile prostheses for satisfaction,” Journal of Urology, vol. 174, no. 1, pp. 253–257, 2005.
- C. C. Carson, J. J. Mulcahy, and F. E. Govier, “Efficacy, safety and patient satisfaction outcomes of the AMS 700CX inflatable penile prosthesis: results of a long-term multicenter study,” Journal of Urology, vol. 164, no. 2, pp. 376–380, 2000.
- F. Montorsi, P. Rigatti, G. Carmignani et al., “AMS three-piece inflatable implants for erectile dysfunction: a long-term multi-institutional study in 200 consecutive patients,” European Urology, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 50–55, 2000.
- F. B. Holloway and R. N. Farah, “Intermediate term assessment of the reliability, function and patient satisfaction with the AMS700 ultrex penile prosthesis,” Journal of Urology, vol. 157, no. 5, pp. 1687–1691, 1997.
- I. Goldstein, L. Newman, N. Baum et al., “Safety and efficacy outcome of mentor alpha-1 inflatable penile prosthesis implantation for impotence treatment,” Journal of Urology, vol. 157, no. 3, pp. 833–839, 1997.
- B. B. Garber, “Mentor alpha 1 inflatable penile prosthesis: patient satisfaction and device reliability,” Urology, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 214–217, 1994.
- I. Goldstein, E. B. Bertero, J. M. Kaufman et al., “Early experience with the first pre-connected 3-piece inflatable penile prosthesis: the mentor alpha-1,” Journal of Urology, vol. 150, no. 6, pp. 1814–1818, 1993.
- S. E. Althof, E. W. Corty, S. B. Levine et al., “EDITS: development of questionnaires for evaluating satisfaction with treatments for erectile dysfunction,” Urology, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 793–799, 1999.
- P. Gittens, D. J. Moskovic, D. Avila Jr., A. Chandrashekar, M. Khera, and L. I. Lipshultz, “Favorable female sexual function is associated with patient satisfaction after inflatable penile prosthesis implantation,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 1996–2001, 2011.
- A. C. Kramer and A. Schweber, “Patient expectations prior to coloplast titan penile prosthesis implant predicts postoperative satisfaction,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 2261–2266, 2010.
- L. A. Levine and J. Rybak, “Traction therapy for men with shortened penis prior to penile prosthesis implantation: a pilot study,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 2112–2117, 2011.
- M. Porena, L. Mearini, E. Mearini, M. Marzi, and A. Zucchi, “Penile prosthesis implantation and couple's satisfaction,” Urologia Internationalis, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 185–187, 2000.
- D. D. Thiel, G. A. Broderick, and M. Bridges, “Utility of magnetic resonance imaging in evaluating inflatable penile prosthesis malfunction and complaints,” International Journal of Impotence Research, vol. 15, supplement 5, pp. S155–S161, 2003.
- K. Anafarta, Ö. Yaman, and K. Aydos, “Clinical experience with dynaflex penile prostheses in 120 patients,” Urology, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 1098–1100, 1998.
- A. Minervini, D. J. Ralph, and J. P. Pryor, “Outcome of penile prosthesis implantation for treating erectile dysfunction: experience with 504 procedures,” British Journal of Urology International, vol. 97, no. 1, pp. 129–133, 2006.
- S. K. Wilson, J. R. Delk, E. A. Salem, and M. A. Cleves, “Long-term survival of inflatable penile prostheses: single surgical group experience with 2,384 first-time implants spanning two decades,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 4, no. 4, part 1, pp. 1074–1079, 2007.
- G. Henry, L. Houghton, D. Culkin, J. Otheguy, R. Shabsigh, and D. A. Ohl, “Comparison of a new length measurement technique for inflatable penile prosthesis implantation to standard techniques: outcomes and patient satisfaction,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 8, no. 9, pp. 2640–4646, 2011.
- A. Miranda-Sousa, M. Keating, S. Moreira, M. Baker, and R. Carrion, “Concomitant ventral phalloplasty during penile implant surgery: a novel procedure that optimizes patient satisfaction and their perception of phallic length after penile implant surgery,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 1494–1499, 2007.
- J. P. Mulhall, A. Jahoda, N. Aviv, R. Valenzuela, and M. Parker, “The impact of sildenafil citrate on sexual satisfaction profiles in men with a penile prosthesis in situ,” British Journal of Urology International, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 97–99, 2004.
- D. W. Soderdahl, R. A. Petroski, D. Mode, B. F. Schwartz, and J. B. Thrasher, “The use of an external vacuum device to augment a penile prosthesis,” Techniques in Urology, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 100–102, 1997.
- L. R. Schover, “Sex therapy for the penile prosthesis recipient,” Urologic Clinics of North America, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 91–98, 1989.