- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 819202, 5 pages
Glyoxal Formation and Its Role in Endogenous Oxalate Synthesis
Department of Urology, Wake Forest University Medical Center, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157, USA
Received 16 August 2011; Accepted 7 February 2012
Academic Editor: Robert E. Brannigan
Copyright © 2012 Jessica N. Lange et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Travis J. Riedel, John Knight, Michael S. Murray, Dawn S. Milliner, Ross P. Holmes, and W. Todd Lowther, “4-Hydroxy-2-oxoglutarate aldolase inactivity in primary hyperoxaluria type 3 and glyoxylate reductase inhibition,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Basis of Disease, vol. 1822, no. 10, pp. 1544–1552, 2012.
- G. Vistoli, D. De Maddis, A. Cipak, N. Zarkovic, M. Carini, and G. Aldini, “Advanced glycoxidation and lipoxidation end products (AGEs and ALEs): an overview of their mechanisms of formation,” Free Radical Research, vol. 47, no. S1, pp. 3–27, 2013.
- Stoyanka S. Atanassova, and Ivan S. Gutzow, “Hippuric Acid as a Significant Regulator of Supersaturation in Calcium Oxalate Lithiasis: The Physiological Evidence,” Biomed Research International, 2013.
- Jetsada Wichaphon, Anupam Giri, Toshiaki Ohshima, and Sittiwat Lertsiri, “Determination of glyoxal and methylglyoxal in Thai fish sauce and their changes during storage test,” Journal of Food Measurement and Characterization, 2014.
- Aviva E. Weinberg, Chirag J. Patel, Glenn M. Chertow, and John T. Leppert, “Diabetic Severity and Risk of Kidney Stone Disease,” European Urology, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 242–247, 2014.
- Paul Voziyan, Kyle L. Brown, Sergei Chetyrkin, and Billy Hudson, “Site-specific AGE modifications in the extracellular matrix: a role for glyoxal in protein damage in diabetes,” Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 39–45, 2014.
- Federica Pigna, Khashayar Sakhaee, Beverley Adams-Huet, and Naim M. Maalouf, “Body Fat Content and Distribution and Urinary Risk Factors for Nephrolithiasis,” Clinical Journal of The American Society of Nephrology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 159–165, 2014.
- Mohammed Jainuddin Yousuf, and Elangovan Vellaichamy, “Protective Activity Of Gallic Acid Against Glyoxal -Induced Renal Fibrosis In Experimental Rats,” Toxicology Reports, 2015.
- Xingsheng Li, John Knight, Sonia Fargue, Brianna Buchalski, Zhengrong Guan, Edward W. Inscho, Abigail Liebow, Kevin Fitzgerald, William Querbes, W. Todd Lowther, and Ross P. Holmes, “Metabolism of 13C5-hydroxyproline in mouse models of primary hyperoxaluria and its inhibition by RNAi therapeutics targeting liver glycolate oxidase and hydroxyproline dehydrogenase,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Basis of Disease, 2015.
- Ross P. Holmes, John Knight, and Dean G. Assimos, “Lowering urinary oxalate excretion to decrease calcium oxalate stone disease,” Urolithiasis, 2015.
- John Knight, Kyle D. Wood, Jessica N. Lange, Dean G. Assimos, and Ross P. Holmes, “Oxalate Formation From Glyoxal in Erythrocytes,” Urology, 2015.
- Andrés M. Castellaro, Alfredo Tonda, Hugo H. Cejas, Héctor Ferreyra, Beatriz L. Caputto, Oscar A. Pucci, and German A. Gil, “Oxalate induces breast cancer,” BMC Cancer, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.