- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 960835, 4 pages
High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound for Prostate Cancer: Long-Term Followup and Complications Rate
Department of Urology (Chief: P. Cortellini), University Hospital of Parma, Parma, Italy
Received 16 February 2012; Accepted 2 May 2012
Academic Editor: Eric Barret
Copyright © 2012 Umberto Maestroni et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. D. Steinberg, B. S. Carter, T. H. Beaty, B. Childs, and P. C. Walsh, “Family history and the risk of prostate cancer,” Prostate, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 337–347, 1990.
- R. Yancik, “Population aging and cancer: a cross-national concern,” Cancer Journal, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 437–441, 2005.
- Y. Jo, H. Junichi, F. Tomohiro, I. Yoshinari, and F. Masato, “Radical prostatectomy versus high-dose rate brachytherapy for prostate cancer: effects on health-related quality of life,” BJU International, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 43–47, 2005.
- W. J. Catalona and D. S. Smith, “Cancer recurrence and survival rates after anatomic radical retropubic prostatectomy for prostate cancer: intermediate-term results,” Journal of Urology, vol. 160, no. 6, pp. 2428–2434, 1998.
- U. Maestroni, M. Ziveri, N. Azzolini et al., “High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU): a useful alternative choice in prostate cancer treatment. Preliminary results,” Acta Biomedica de l'Ateneo Parmense, vol. 79, no. 3, pp. 211–216, 2008.
- A. V. D'Amico, K. Cote, M. Loffredo, A. A. Renshaw, and D. Schultz, “Determinants of prostate cancer-specific survival after radiation therapy for patients with clinically localized prostate cancer,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 20, no. 23, pp. 4567–4573, 2002.
- M. Roach, G. Hanks, H. Thames Jr., et al., “Defining biochemical failure following radiotherapy with or without hormonal therapy in men with clinically localized prostate cancer: recommendations of ROTG-ASTRO Phoenix Consensus Conference,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology, vol. 65, pp. 965–974, 2006.
- S. Madersbacher, M. Pedevilla, L. Vingers, M. Susani, and M. Marberger, “Effect of high-intensity focused ultrasound on human prostate cancer in vivo,” Cancer Research, vol. 55, no. 15, pp. 3346–3351, 1995.
- A. Gelet, J. Y. Chapelon, R. Bouvier et al., “Treatment of prostate cancer with transrectal focused ultrasound: early clinical experience,” European Urology, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 174–183, 1996.
- S. Crouzet, X. Rebillard, D. Chevallier et al., “Multicentric oncologic outcomes of high-intensity focused ultrasound for localized prostate cancer in 803 patients,” European Urology, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 559–566, 2010.
- L. Holmberg, A. Bill-Axelson, F. Helgesen et al., “A randomized trial comparing radical prostatectomy with watchful waiting in early prostate cancer,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 347, no. 11, pp. 781–789, 2002.
- H. Ragde, A. A. Elgamal, P. B. Snow, et al., “Ten-year disease free survival after transperineal sonography-guided iodine-125 brachytherapy with or without 45-gray external beam irradiation in the treatment of patients with clinically localized, low to high Gleason grade prostate carcinoma,” Cancer, vol. 83, pp. 989–1001, 1998.
- A. Blana, S. C. W. Brown, C. Chaussy et al., “High-intensity focused ultrasound for prostate cancer: comparative definitions of biochemical failure,” BJU International, vol. 104, no. 8, pp. 1058–1062, 2009.
- A. Blana, F. J. Murat, B. Walter et al., “First analysis of the long-term results with transrectal HIFU in patients with localised prostate cancer,” European Urology, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 1194–1203, 2008.
- C. Chaussy and S. Thüroff, “The status of high-intensity focused ultrasound in the treatment of localized prostate cancer and the impact of a combined resection,” Current Urology Reports, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 248–252, 2003.
- L. Poissonnier, J. Y. Chapelon, O. Rouvière et al., “Control of prostate cancer by transrectal HIFU in 227 patients,” European Urology, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 381–387, 2007.
- C. Chaussy and S. Thüroff, “High-intensity focused ultrasound in the management of prostate cancer,” Expert Review of Medical Devices, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 209–217, 2010.
- S. Thüroff, C. Chaussy, G. Vallancien et al., “High-intensity focused ultrasound and localized prostate cancer: efficacy results from the European Multicentric study,” Journal of Endourology, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 673–677, 2003.