- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 105651, 6 pages
Efficacy of Robotic-Assisted Prostatectomy in Localized Prostate Cancer: A Systematic Review of Clinical Trials
1Grupo de Investigación Clínica, Instituto Nacional de Cancerología, Calle 1 No. 9-85, Bogotá, DC 110321-012, Colombia
2Centro Oncológico Javeriano, Hospital Universitario San Ignacio, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Carrera 7 No. 40-62, Bogotá, DC 110311-066, Colombia
Received 27 June 2013; Accepted 24 September 2013
Academic Editor: James A. Brown
Copyright © 2013 Carolina Sandoval Salinas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- National Collaborating Centre for Cancer (NCC-C), “Prostate cancer: diagnosis and treatment,” NICE Clinical Guideline 58S, NICE, Cardiff, UK, 2008.
- J. I. Martínez-Salamanca and J. R. Otero, “Critical comparative analysis between open, laparoscopic and robotic radical prostatectomy: perioperative morbidity and oncological results (part I),” Archivos Espanoles de Urologia, vol. 60, no. 7, pp. 755–765, 2007.
- J. R. Otero and J. I. Martínez-Salamanca, “Critical comparative analysis between open, laparoscopic and robotic radical prostatectomy: urinary continence and sexual function (part II),” Archivos Espanoles de Urologia, vol. 60, no. 7, pp. 767–776, 2007.
- J. K. Parsons and J. L. Bennett, “Outcomes of retropubic, laparoscopic, and robotic-assisted prostatectomy,” Urology, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 412–416, 2008.
- V. Ficarra, G. Novara, W. Artibani et al., “Retropubic, laparoscopic, and robot-assisted radical prostatectomy: a systematic review and cumulative analysis of comparative studies,” European Urology, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 1037–1063, 2009.
- R. F. Coelho, B. Rocco, M. B. Patel et al., “Retropubic, laparoscopic, and robot-assisted radical prostatectomy: a critical review of outcomes reported by high-volume centers,” Journal of Endourology, vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 2003–2015, 2010.
- J. Ruiz-Aragón, S. Márquez-Peláez, and L. G. Luque Romero, “Erectile dysfunction in patients with prostate cancer who have undergone surgery: systematic review of literature,” Actas Urologicas Espanolas, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 677–685, 2010.
- D. C. Kang, M. J. Hardee, S. F. Fesperman, T. L. Stoffs, and P. Dahm, “Low quality of evidence for robot-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy: results of a systematic review of the published literature,” European Urology, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 930–937, 2010.
- A. Tewari, P. Sooriakumaran, D. Bloch, U. Seshadri-Kreaden, A. E. Hebert, and P. Wiklund, “Positive surgical margin and perioperative complication rates of primary surgical treatments for prostate cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis comparing retropubic, laparoscopic, and robotic prostatectomy,” European Urology, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 1–15, 2012.
- G. Novara, V. Ficarra, S. Mocellin, et al., “Systematic review and meta-analysis of studies reporting oncologic outcome after robot-assisted radical prostatectomy,” European Urology, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 382–404, 2012.
- V. Ficarra, G. Novara, R. C. Rosen, et al., “Systematic review and meta-analysis of studies reporting urinary continence recovery after robot-assisted radical prostatectomy,” European Urology, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 405–417, 2012.
- V. Ficarra, G. Novara, T. E. Ahlering, et al., “Systematic review and meta-analysis of studies reporting potency rates after robot-assisted radical prostatectomy,” European Urology, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 418–430, 2012.
- G. Novara, V. Ficarra, R. C. Rosen, et al., “Systematic review and meta-analysis of perioperative outcomes and complications after robot-assisted radical prostatectomy,” European Urology, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 431–452, 2012.
- P. S. Moran, M. O'Neill, C. Teljeur, et al., “Robot-assisted radical prostatectomy compared with open and laparoscopic approaches: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” International Journal of Urology, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 312–321, 2013.
- J. P. T. Higgins and S. Green, Eds., Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5. 1. 0 (Updated March 2011), The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011.
- G. Guazzoni, A. Cestari, R. Naspro et al., “Intra- and peri-operative outcomes comparing radical retropubic and laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: results from a prospective, randomised, single-surgeon study,” European Urology, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 98–104, 2006.
- A. D. Asimakopoulos, C. T. Pereira Fraga, F. Annino, P. Pasqualetti, A. A. Calado, and C. Mugnier, “Randomized comparison between laparoscopic and robot-assisted nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy,” The Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 1503–1512, 2011.
- F. Porpiglia, I. Morra, M. Lucci Chiarissi, et al., “Randomised controlled trial comparing laparoscopic and robot-assisted radical prostatectomy,” European Urology, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 606–614, 2013.
- G. Garas, A. Ibrahim, H. Ashrafian et al., “Evidence-based surgery: barriers, solutions, and the role of evidence synthesis,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 1723–1731, 2012.
- N. S. Abraham, C. J. Byrne, J. M. Young, and M. J. Solomon, “Meta-analysis of well-designed nonrandomized comparative studies of surgical procedures is as good as randomized controlled trials,” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 238–245, 2010.
- W. W. Schuessler, P. G. Schulam, R. V. Clayman, and L. R. Kavoussi, “Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: initial short-term experience,” Urology, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 854–857, 1997.
- J. E. Anderson, D. C. Chang, J. K. Parsons, and M. A. Talamini, “The first national examination of outcomes and trends in robotic surgery in the United States,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, vol. 215, no. 1, pp. 107–114, 2012.
- K. K. Badani, S. Kaul, and M. Menon, “Evolution of robotic radical prostatectomy: assessment after 2766 procedures,” Cancer, vol. 110, no. 9, pp. 1951–1958, 2007.
- V. R. Patel, K. J. Palmer, G. Coughlin, and S. Samavedi, “Robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: perioperative outcomes of 1500 cases,” Journal of Endourology, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 2299–2305, 2008.
- B. Nelson, M. Kaufman, G. Broughton et al., “Comparison of length of hospital stay between radical retropubic prostatectomy and robotic assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy,” Journal of Urology, vol. 177, no. 3, pp. 929–931, 2007.