- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 124836, 5 pages
A Comparative Study of Dorsal Buccal Mucosa Graft Substitution Urethroplasty by Dorsal Urethrotomy Approach versus Ventral Sagittal Urethrotomy Approach
1Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India
2Army Research and Referral Hospital, New Delhi, India
Received 27 June 2013; Revised 17 August 2013; Accepted 30 August 2013
Academic Editor: Miroslav L. Djordjevic
Copyright © 2013 Mrinal Pahwa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. F. MacDonald and R. A. Santucci, “Review and treatment algorithm of open surgical techniques for management of urethral strictures,” Urology, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 9–15, 2005.
- G. Barbagli, C. Selli, V. di Cello, and A. Mottola, “A one-stage dorsal free-graft urethroplasty for bulbar urethral strictures,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 78, no. 6, pp. 929–932, 1996.
- C. E. Iselin and G. D. Webster, “Dorsal onlay graft urethroplasty for repair of bulbar urethral stricture,” Journal of Urology, vol. 161, no. 3, pp. 815–818, 1999.
- G. Barbagli, C. Selli, A. Tosto, and E. Palminteri, “Dorsal free graft urethroplasty,” Journal of Urology, vol. 155, no. 1, pp. 123–126, 1996.
- D. S. Kellner, J. A. Fracchia, and N. A. Armenakas, “Ventral onlay buccal mucosal grafts for anterior urethral strictures: long-term followup,” Journal of Urology, vol. 171, no. 2, pp. 726–729, 2004.
- S. N. Venn and A. R. Mundy, “Early experience with the use of buccal mucosa for substitution urethroplasty,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 81, no. 5, pp. 738–740, 1998.
- V. Pansadoro, P. Emiliozzi, M. Gaffi, and P. Scarpone, “Buccal mucosa urethroplasty for the treatment of bulbar urethral strictures,” Journal of Urology, vol. 161, no. 5, pp. 1501–1503, 1999.
- H. Wessells, “Ventral onlay graft techniques for urethroplasty,” Urologic Clinics of North America, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 381–387, 2002.
- N. Dublin and L. H. Stewart, “Oral complications after buccal mucosal graft harvest for urethroplasty,” BJU International, vol. 94, no. 6, pp. 867–869, 2004.
- D. Dubey, A. Kumar, A. Mandhani, A. Srivastava, R. Kapoor, and M. Bhandari, “Buccal mucosal urethroplasty: a versatile technique for all urethral segments,” BJU International, vol. 95, no. 4, pp. 625–629, 2005.
- S. Bhargava and C. R. Chapple, “Buccal mucosal urethroplasty: is it the new gold standard?” BJU International, vol. 93, no. 9, pp. 1191–1193, 2004.
- D. Dubey, A. Kumar, P. Bansal et al., “Substitution urethroplasty for anterior urethral strictures: a critical appraisal of various techniques,” BJU International, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 215–218, 2003.
- C. E. Iselin and G. D. Webster, “Dorsal onlay urethroplasty for urethral stricture repair,” World Journal of Urology, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 181–185, 1998.
- G. Barbagli, E. Palminteri, and M. Lazzeri, “Dorsal onlay techniques for urethroplasty,” Urologic Clinics of North America, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 389–395, 2002.
- D. E. Andrich, C. J. Leach, and A. R. Mundy, “The Barbagli procedure gives the best results for patch urethroplasty of the bulbar urethra,” BJU International, vol. 88, no. 4, pp. 385–389, 2001.
- G. Barbagli, E. Palminteri, M. Lazzeri, G. Guazzoni, and D. Turini, “Long-term outcome of urethroplasty after failed urethrotomy versus primary repair,” Journal of Urology, vol. 165, no. 6, pp. 1918–1919, 2001.
- H. S. Asopa, M. Garg, G. G. Singhal, L. Singh, J. Asopa, and A. Nischal, “Dorsal free graft urethroplasty for urethral stricture by ventral sagittal urethrotomy approach,” Urology, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 657–659, 2001.
- G. Bakbagli, E. Palminteri, G. Guazzoni, F. Montorsi, D. Turini, and M. Lazzeri, “Bulbar urethroplasty using buccal mucosa grafts placed on the ventral, dorsal or lateral surface of the urethra: are results affected by the surgical technique?” Journal of Urology, vol. 174, no. 3, pp. 955–957, 2005.
- S. P. Elliott, M. J. Metro, and J. W. McAninch, “Long-term followup of the ventrally placed buccal mucosa onlay graft in bulbar urethral reconstruction,” Journal of Urology, vol. 169, no. 5, pp. 1754–1757, 2003.
- T. Heinke, E. W. Gerharz, R. Bonfig, and H. Riedmiller, “Ventral onlay urethroplasty using buccal mucosa for complex stricture repair,” Urology, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 1004–1007, 2003.
- D. Browne, “An operation for hypospadias,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Medicine, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 466–468, 1949.
- R. G. Weaver and J. W. Schulte, “Experimental and clinical studies of urethral regeneration,” Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics, vol. 115, pp. 729–736, 1962.
- C. A. Moore, “One-stage repair of stricture of bulbous urethra,” The Journal of urology, vol. 90, pp. 203–207, 1963.
- S. Kulkarni, G. Barbagli, S. Sansalone, and M. Lazzeri, “One-sided anterior urethroplasty: a new dorsal onlay graft technique,” BJU International, vol. 104, no. 8, pp. 1150–1155, 2009.
- R. Chaudhary, N. Jain, K. Singh, H. S. Bisoniya, R. Chaudhary, and R. Biswas, “Dorsolateral onlay urethroplasty for pan anterior urethral stricture by a unilateral urethral mobilisation approach,” BMJ Case Reports, 2011.
- V. L. N. M. Pisapati, S. Paturi, S. Bethu et al., “Dorsal buccal mucosal graft urethroplasty for anterior urethral stricture by asopa technique,” European Urology, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 201–206, 2009.
- N. P. Gupta, M. S. Ansari, P. N. Dogra, and S. Tandon, “Dorsal buccal mucosal graft urethroplasty by a ventral sagittal urethrotomy and minimal-access perineal approach for anterior urethral stricture,” BJU International, vol. 93, no. 9, pp. 1287–1290, 2004.